You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Songs that send you into a homicidal rage...

neko

Anything by Sam Smith. He has that exact X Factor warbly voice that Simon Cowell has determined to be a "good voice". That nasally, whispery, whiny, horrible voice that's ushered in a wave of sameheads, causing the new Lou Reed or Bob Dylan to be left unnoticed in favour of amorphous, effeminate blobs with pompadours singing Whitney Houston songs and generally being big girls blouses. Too much estrogen in the food supply.

• Upvote 2

I know there are a couple of people who loved this band (based on comments in that 90s Nostalgia thread) and I've probably only heard 2 or 3 of their songs so can't comment on the band as a whole, but "Jimmy Caught The Train" or whatever it's called by Ocean Colour Scene used to piss me off big time. I hated the song, hated the video and hated the Kangol, Ben Sherman and Lambretta parade of wankers who lapped that shit up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anything by Sam Smith. He has that exact X Factor warbly voice that Simon Cowell has determined to be a "good voice". That nasally, whispery, whiny, horrible voice that's ushered in a wave of sameheads, causing the new Lou Reed or Bob Dylan to be left unnoticed in favour of amorphous, effeminate blobs with pompadours singing Whitney Houston songs and generally being big girls blouses. Too much estrogen in the food supply.

He's just this year's Plan B or Craig David. Absolute shite

I know there are a couple of people who loved this band (based on comments in that 90s Nostalgia thread) and I've probably only heard 2 or 3 of their songs so can't comment on the band as a whole, but "Jimmy Caught The Train" or whatever it's called by Ocean Colour Scene used to piss me off big time. I hated the song, hated the video and hated the Kangol, Ben Sherman and Lambretta parade of wankers who lapped that shit up.

It'd be easier to just say 'i hate Stig'.

Pretty much anything any woman I've ever met that thinks is a good song, won't be, Sam smith isn't my bag but he's a talented singer, hard to say he's 'like he's off the x factor' when he's not. The entire basis for the sheer and utter hatred for the dross that comes from there is the fact they have been manufactured, on the X factor.

I never watch adverts.  If I can't fast-forward or turn over, I will at least mute them.  This is wise, as more often than not, people try to sell you shit you don't need at prices you can't afford by polluting your ears with some breathy-voiced student cunt doing a fuck-awful cover version of a classic.

(Incidentally, I see a lot of people getting genuinely excited about Christmas adverts.  That's when you know it's time to phone Putin and say "I heard David Cameron say he's not scared of your nukes, because you're too much of a pussy to use them."  I've no idea what music is used on the latest penguin bollocks advert that feeble-minded addlepates are moistening their gussets over, but I promise to despise it if I ever find out.)

• Upvote 1