You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kolo Toure - Coutinho is better than Suarez

AndMjaa

Funny little interview with Kolo Toure by former Arsenal team mate Martin Keown.

"I haven’t seen much yet of Luis Suarez but I had one session with him and I was all over him! Coutinho is the best player here, I think. I call him ‘my player’. He’s going to be massive this year."

KEOWN: I suppose the lowest point was your six-month ban for taking the diet pills. You’ve always had issues with weight.

TOURE: "I came back to Arsenal after my first season 8kg heavier than I had been. Everyone was laughing at me. I had been on holiday in Ivory Coast having just signed a new contract so I was enjoying myself and eating a lot of chicken. I became worried about my weight and it never left me"

He also states that Liverpool are a much better team than City when he joined in 2009.

Full interview can found here: Kolo Toure speaks to Martin Keown about his move to Liverpool and his Manchester City hell | Mail Online

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He's looking quite fit at the moment. Really quite driven. Seems to have that winning drive - a bit of something extra - and a desire inside him. I hope he can have a decent couple of years for us.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He said Rodgers has made him 'feel great'. That's a strange compliment, but really important. Especially when you get a bit older, it's important that he feels good about himself, that he feels fit and mobile.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

"I haven’t seen much yet of Luis Suarez but I had one session with him and I was all over him! Coutinho is the best player here, I think.

Suarez is potentially our greatest ever player. Depends on him alone if he fulfills that.

Funny little interview with Kolo Toure by former Arsenal team mate Martin Keown.

"I came back to Arsenal after my first season 8kg heavier than I had been. Everyone was laughing at me. I had been on holiday in Ivory Coast having just signed a new contract so I was enjoying myself and eating a lot of chicken. I became worried about my weight and it never left me"[/b]

That's reassuring!

Well considering Suarez had the toys out of the pram and not showing up, it is probably fair to say what he has.

If Suarez gets his head down and starts to put the effort in, he may regret he said that.

Toure looks like a decent signing, only hours to go to the kick off, the nerves are starting to jangle.

"I haven’t seen much yet of Luis Suarez but I had one session with him and I was all over him! Coutinho is the best player here, I think. I call him ‘my player’. He’s going to be massive this year."

KEOWN: I suppose the lowest point was your six-month ban for taking the diet pills. You’ve always had issues with weight.

TOURE: "I came back to Arsenal after my first season 8kg heavier than I had been. Everyone was laughing at me. I had been on holiday in Ivory Coast having just signed a new contract so I was enjoying myself and eating a lot of chicken. I became worried about my weight and it never left me"

He also states that Liverpool are a much better team than City when he joined in 2009.

Full interview can found here: Kolo Toure speaks to Martin Keown about his move to Liverpool and his Manchester City hell | Mail Online

Negged.

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself for drawing me onto the the Daily Mail website - a measure I assured myself I would never do, unless nudity demanded me of it.

And when I say nudity, I mean the elite of the elite, Mrs. Christina Hendricks. To my eye, that article is no Christina Hendricks.

Guest San Don
"I haven’t seen much yet of Luis Suarez but I had one session with him and I was all over him! Coutinho is the best player here, I think.

Suarez is potentially our greatest ever player. Depends on him alone if he fulfills that.

No way! He's nowhere near the status of Emlyn Hughes, Roger Hunt etc never mind Gerrard and Dalglish.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

His reaction when the whistle went was a good one. Both arms in the air, looking to the sky. That sort of thing is infectious. Wanting to win rubs off.

He looks like a guy that after been stumbling aimlessly across a desert for a couple of seasons, all of sudden found this beautiful beach, with topless ladies offering him plenty of cool drinks and other "refreshments".

That is nicked of Kurt a forum member, fucking class.

He impressed me. Up until Mignolet's double penalty save, my MoTM was between Coutinho and Kolo. He was just tireless, and almost had our first goal of the season with a powerful header. It looks like he is going to be exactly what we need on the field and in the dressing room. So much energy and a joy to watch yesterday.