You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City - Home - 17th Aug

Alex Gibbo

He does have a slightly over inflated ego, I think he has the talent and can become a really good player, people forget his only like 20 or something but has been around for a while now, but he has some serious deficiencies in his play, which is he doesn't change then wont fulfil any of his potential. I remember in an interview he said along the lines that he doesn't like defending as he can't be bothered, yet he says his preferred position is in center midfield, a bit thick really.

He needs a free role but wont ever be good enough for that position. He Cant play on the wings as he doesnt have th pace or trickery.

At best he will reach Danny Murphy level in his career.

Shows how far we have improved. Last season he was starting for us in some games in the false nine position.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It was more down to the keeper making some worldy saves I reckon.

He could have done a bit better with his chance at the Anny Road end, where he took the touch and shot with his left. Then the one that Sturridge fluffed was hit hard but not into the corner enough. The one that hit the bar was just down to a brilliant save, wasn't it.

It was encouraging that he had the chances, but two from three he could have done better. I was pissed at his first effort.

It was more down to the keeper making some worldy saves I reckon.

Then we disagree. As an example, one of his chances he fluffed by making the wrong call and a shit finish. Instead of hitting it with his right first time, he cuts back on his left and shoots wide.

Not good enough imo.

At least Henderson made the keeper make decent saves. We had players one on one hit it right at Begovic yesterday. Some of them supposed to be strikers too.

Can't see him staying in the team anyway. Allen or a new signing will be straight in, hopefully the latter.

Probably' date=' although I would play Henderson in the Gerrard role before Allen.[/quote']

Disagree tbh, Allen moves the ball around far better than Henderson and I think his pressing is more effective. Hendo is more versatile and I think better used in the 3 behind the striker. I don't think Hendo and Allen are necessarily competing for the same position.

Disagree tbh, Allen moves the ball around far better than Henderson and I think his pressing is more effective. Hendo is more versatile and I think better used in the 3 behind the striker. I don't think Hendo and Allen are necessarily competing for the same position.

Agree with this, i like Henderson, but stoke should really have been put to the sword, three good chances for hendo, the last one a superb save, but the fact he he failed to bury one of the three could of cost two points.

What is it with this Hendo played well shite? Watched him again from my upper annie seat and the same old Hendo.

Return ball to Johnson time and time again. Unfortunately he is the midfielder under orders to get into the box as he shits himself if he has to think about what he is gonna do.

The first chance was fucking pathetic. The 2nd unlucky as he just hit it, the keeper good save.

In that starting 11 yesterday he is the weak link and the main area for improvement, just ahead of Enrique.

Some energy the lad has though. FFS

Just able to watch the match, and the following are my thoughts:

Aspas was good. Very energetic, will score.

Coutinho is amazing.

Sturridge is good and I like his game. Will score many goals if he stays healthy. I felt on too many occasions he would get the ball around the 18, wait for help, and then do nothing with it and give it away.

Thought Toure was good.

I remember Begovic being linked to us and he wouldn't have been shabby either. He was world class but we've come to expect opponent keepers doing that to us.

Edit: Maybe it's been discussed I haven't read the whole thread, but is it me or does Owen sound like a 65 year old man?

Just able to watch the match, and the following are my thoughts:

Aspas was good. Very energetic, will score.

Coutinho is amazing.

Sturridge is good and I like his game. Will score many goals if he stays healthy. I felt on too many occasions he would get the ball around the 18, wait for help, and then do nothing with it and give it away.

Thought Toure was good.

I remember Begovic being linked to us and he wouldn't have been shabby either. He was world class but we've come to expect opponent keepers doing that to us.

Edit: Maybe it's been discussed I haven't read the whole thread, but is it me or does Owen sound like a 65 year old man?

Good observation, admit Begovitch was class yesterdy but even quite a few ordinary keepers have put in extra-ordinary performaces at Anfield. I find it difficult to figure out what they particularly find inspirational to excel when they play us.