You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Turan may have said those things, at a time when we was on top.

A lot of players said similar things in them halycon days, even Eto'o said similar.

Im not sure they quite apply now when we are on our arse.

Anyway Im not sure he's what we need, doesnt he play behind the striker, I dont recall him being a wideman, surely then thats Coutinho's position?

Might I add he plays for Atletico so probably very little chance at all of getting him, so should be a safe bet for Ayre to enter weeks of negotiations for a player we wont get anyway.

Edited by dennis tooth

He plays on the left and drifts into the middle Dennis and obviously vice-versa. I suppose he'd interchange with Coutinho if anything came off. I thought we'd missed our chance with the lad as well to be honest (with his move to Athletico), but I'm hoping that there might be something in the latest murmurings.

agree, lots of people are assuming these signings make stronger but the reliance on Bale last year was huge and other than Soldado none of these players are proven at the highest level, if they get Lamela then I'll be more worried about them but assuming Bale goes they currently have no players anywhere near the standard of Suarez, Stevie and Coutinho for a start

I've said this many times, but Daniel Levy is by far the best Chairman in the Premiership.

It's obvious they will sell Bale, however by delaying the actual sale it means that it doesn't instantly alert clubs that they have loads of money to spend and it doesn't make the club look weak for selling their best player. The delay will allow them to sign good players before they actually complete the Bale deal.

We need to buck our ideas up fast!

At the very least we should now be bidding for Lamela.

Fair enough - sorry for being a grump twat.

But in all fairness - the tweets were in response to people asking why it wasn't sewn up quickly, he was just explaining why in this instance the agent was always going to contact other clubs.

If it happens once it's fair enough and unfortunate, although quite why we spent half of the summer chasing Mkhitaryan, given his complex ownership situation, is beyond me.

Twice and doubts creep in (Costa).

Three times and we start to look stupid and incompetent.

If we're actually bidding the same amounts as other clubs and getting jibbed off constantly I couldn't care. Rather we aimed for decent players than get a rosy cheeked glow because Charlie Adam or his ilk want to come to us and the deal is easy to do. Agree that Ayre needs to be fucked off as well though.

Turan would be a great addition. But it will never happen.

We would only spend serious money if we sold Suarez. He is staying so the owners will never invest enough money to bring Turan or any top class player. They will sell it as "we tried but...". Just like Arsenal. £5m profit from transfers, further cuts in the wage bill and TV rights double. FSG wins!

We have a one bid at a time transfer strategy, someone needs to tell them it doesnt work like Ebay. Unless its Chris Kirkland, which its not.

Whatever happend to him btw?

He's now at Sheffield Wednesday having left Wigan for spells with Leicester and Doncaster.

Kirkland of course was a player we signed when we bid on multiple players at the same time and we fucked that up aswell as we ended up with two keepers on the same day!

Liverpool sign two keepers for £10m - Telegraph

Levy played a blinder. Whereas our guys were left trailing. Spurs will be challenging for 3rd this season. They have a great squad. He payed the extra to blow us out of the picture.

We should have offered higher than what we were at the start to get the deal done quickly.

If we're actually bidding the same amounts as other clubs and getting jibbed off constantly I couldn't care. Rather we aimed for decent players than get a rosy cheeked glow because Charlie Adam or his ilk want to come to us and the deal is easy to do. Agree that Ayre needs to be fucked off as well though.

We are not bidding the same amounts though. We tried to get him on the cheap/cheaper.

He's now at Sheffield Wednesday having left Wigan for spells with Leicester and Doncaster.

Kirkland of course was a player we signed when we bid on multiple players at the same time and we fucked that up aswell as we ended up with two keepers on the same day!

Liverpool sign two keepers for £10m - Telegraph

Clearly worth the 4m we paid then.

Seriously though what stops us going for two or three or four at a time instead of just one every month?

If we were serious then....but we arent are we?

If it happens once it's fair enough and unfortunate, although quite why we spent half of the summer chasing Mkhitaryan, given his complex ownership situation, is beyond me.

Twice and doubts creep in (Costa).

Three times and we start to look stupid and incompetent.

We as a club have made being stupid and incompetent into an art form when it comes to transfers...firstly with Coco the clown turning his phone off, now we have the Harley riding "we can compete with anyone" fuckmump Ian "full of hot" Ayre.

Levy played a blinder. Whereas our guys were left trailing. Spurs will be challenging for 3rd this season. They have a great squad. He payed the extra to blow us out of the picture.

We should have offered higher than what we were at the start to get the deal done quickly.

really? Excluding Bale and adding Willian I'd say it is likely that they'll be something like

starting XI

---------------Lloris-------------

Walker---Dawson--Vertonghen--Rose

---------Paulinho---Sandro--------

Willian---------Dembele------Chadil

----------------Soldado------------

others

Friedel

Gomes

Kaboul

Naughton

Fryers

Assou Ekotto

Capoue

Holtby

Carroll

Sigurdsson

Lennon

Townsend

Defoe

Adebayor

compared to us

---------------Mignolet----------------

Johnson----Toure----Agger-----Enrique

-----------Lucas---Stevie-------------

Suarez---------Coutinho--------Henderson

-------------------Sturridge---------------

or however you want to line the front 4 up

others

Jones

Kelly

Wisdom

Skrtel

Coates

Cissokho

Allen

Alberto

Sterling

Assaidi

Ibe

Aspas

Borini

Not really a lot in it with us having 2 highly proven world class players in Stevie and Suarez with Coutinho breaking into that bracket if he keeps it up, they do have more proven depth in terms of out and out strikers whilst they have next to nothing in terms of defensive cover (keepers aside) and also look to be very week at full back to me

really? Excluding Bale and adding Willian I'd say it is likely that they'll be something like

starting XI

---------------Lloris-------------http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3680699

Walker---Dawson--Vertonghen--Rose

---------Paulinho---Sandro--------

Willian---------Dembele------Chadil

----------------Soldado------------

others

Friedel

Gomes

Kaboul

Naughton

Fryers

Assou Ekotto

Capoue

Holtby

Carroll

Sigurdsson

Lennon

Townsend

Defoe

Adebayor

compared to us

---------------Mignolet----------------

Johnson----Toure----Agger-----Enrique

-----------Lucas---Stevie-------------

Suarez---------Coutinho--------Henderson

-------------------Sturridge---------------

or however you want to line the front 4 up

others

Jones

Kelly

Wisdom

Skrtel

Coates

Cissokho

Allen

Alberto

Sterling

Assaidi

Ibe

Aspas

Borini

Not really a lot in it with us having 2 highly proven world class players in Stevie and Suarez with Coutinho breaking into that bracket if he keeps it up, they do have more proven depth in terms of out and out strikers whilst they have next to nothing in terms of defensive cover (keepers aside) and also look to be very week at full back to me

They've finished above us in the last 4 seasons. And their squad has been getting stronger in that time while ours has been getting weaker.

We've apparently been better on paper than all of these sides that have finished above us in the last 4 seasons but we never seem to prove it on the pitch.

Spurs offered more than we think the player is worth. If they are paying £30+ million for him then I think our valuation is probably right, but only time will tell. It's certainly risky bowing out of the race when one of our main rivals is involved, but there is a good chance he would have gone there even if we had matched their bid. They have things to offer that we don't right now.

I don't think this is as much of a blow as Mkhitaryan was by any means. It's a bit embarrassing, sure. But if we are really looking to add goals to the team then there are better options out there than this guy.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The bottom line for me is that I want some quality additions to the first team so that we can have a really good run at the top four spots, then build again from there. I don't care about net spend or the rest of it at the moment, I want the team to improve. If that doesn't happen, we need to work out who is responsible and hold them to account.

Via twitter.

Losing this guy is far from the end of the world, and I'd say he isn't the reason a lot of people are unhappy today.

It's saving electric before the window shut last season and the fact we're running out of time to bring the quality in that Brendan has talked about all summer. Our transfers so far have been labelled as squad improvements, so only 12 days to improve the first team now.

If we can't attract top class players, then we get players in that improve the first team but wouldn't be top class. Rome wasn't built in a day and with how far the clubs fallen we might just need to take steps to get back to the top.

The bottom line for me is that I want some quality additions to the first team so that we can have a really good run at the top four spots' date=' then build again from there. I don't care about net spend or the rest of it at the moment, I want the team to improve. If that doesn't happen, we need to work out who is responsible and hold them to account.

Via twitter.[/quote']

Haha.

I definitely agree with the first bit. There seems to be an obssession with the finer details but the bottom line is that as things stand we have no chance of finishing in the top 4 (obviously in my opinion) and we have two weeks to bring some players in that will change that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haha.

I definitely agree with the first bit. There seems to be an obssession with the finer details but the bottom line is that as things stand we have no chance of finishing in the top 4 (obviously in my opinion) and we have two weeks to bring some players in that will change that.

Inside, when you dig 'neath the ownership nonsense, net spend, debt ratios, leveraged buyouts, DoFs, and all the rest of the shit, there's just a 12 year old who wants to see his team cunt other teams in their bastard. Despite all the arguing and name calling on here, all that shit melts away with pen saves, good goals, all the good stuff.

Haha.

Maybe not, but Arsenal look a shambles and if Bale does leave, do Spurs match up that much better than us? More balanced doesn't necessarily mean better, and they've got a lot of players to bed in.