You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have to say spurs would seem to have bought well and are probably building a better team, even if they lose bale. However, they are losing one of the best players in the world and all their signings ave little experience of the premiership. If they don't make the top 4, then they are royally twatted.

There is still time to get in a few players. I'm very impressed with someone like Toure. Maybe cissokho will be another find. You look at the mancs under whiskey nose, their two best pound for pound signings were probably Irwin and Schmeicheal.

Embarrassing. If I was a betting man I'd be hitting on Spurs to get top 4....their squad looks way better than ours and Arsenal's.

We just look like fucking idiots.

LFC VERY confident of Mkhitaryan deal

LFC VERY confident of Costa deal, player wants switch.

LFC VERY confident on Willian, player keen.

Here is what I dont get. Friday night it was reported we basically had a 30M offer accepted, player was very keen. So why not FINISH the deal Friday night, versus risking letting another club come in overnight and take him?

Our negotiators are idiots. We should try and sign Levy.

Think at this point we won't be seeing a big signing coming in. Cissokho on loan CL here we come.

If true, fair enough. First rule of negotiating anything is you have to be willing to walk away. If the club valued the player at x, and only x, then we walked away.

Totally agree. The player doesnt get better just because his price goes up.

We offer a 'fair' price, not taking the piss, but a good value and wage. If he doesn't want it then he's obviously got more on his mind than football. Mind you, joining Anzhi was a very good indication that he's all mouth and no trousers. Look how much I cost, look how much I earn, and look at me nutmeg a couple of Russian binmen.

I think all pessimism should be banned from the site, the fans and the team dont deserve to suffer through all this moaning and whining. It's just football, for gods sake, and these are just players, just humans, there are very few T1000's around, and Spurs just sold one. If Willian, Lamela, Paulinho, Chadli and co are so good then Madrid would have bought them instead of Bale... :whistle:

Paul Dalglish‏@pauldalglish2h

Even if a deal is more or less done its an agents duty to do his due diligence to see if there is a better offer available elsewhere.

Agents offer the players to 10 different clubs. We just can't keep secrets and end up getting fans excited and then disappointed.

Willian could be a lucky escape. So many on here were saying they can't see a 30 mill player on YouTube, but now suddenly there is no doubt.

He looked worryingly non-aggressive to me for the Premier League. I would be happier with Turan, who has more aggression than Willian and better ball control than Costa. Of course, time could prove all of this wrong -- in the end there is an element of risk, but you have to admit that 30 mill on potential is a lot unless you have Bale money. Remember a certain young Geordie striker whose signing has blotted King Kenny's glorious career?

Even if a deal is more or less done its an agents duty to do his due diligence to see if there is a better offer available elsewhere.

Agents offer the players to 10 different clubs. We just can't keep secrets and end up getting fans excited and then disappointed.

Ah well, this buying players thing isn't for us then. It's practically impossible. We'll have to grow our own.

Other than getting 5 players this window, you mean?

I wasn't being serious. I think too many people are blowing this way out of proportion. Couldn't care less if we signed Willian or not. Seems money motivated to me and I can't be arsed with players like that in the squad.

I'll be more concerned if we don't buy another experienced centre half.

Ah well, this buying players thing isn't for us then. It's practically impossible. We'll have to grow our own.

Yeah exactly! Finally someone has understood exactly what my point was!

Because that is what I said. I said quite clearly, lets not bother signing players as it's devilishly difficult and agents get involved just like Paul Dalglish is saying, so lets not bother.