You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There is no positive here.

I'm not criticising anyone at the club because I don't know the details. I'm just gutted that we keep losing out on targets. It either points to us having issues with closing deals or we just aren't a pull any more. Either way, it's bad news.

We are showing ambition - the kind of ambition we should have shown in 2011 rather then spend money on a load of overpriced British shite. The bigger achievement as a team was finishing runners up to United in 2009, than winning the league cup, sometimes you have put yourself in a position to be dissapointed rather hand reduce your ambition to avoid being dissapointed.

Spurs ambition is on the back of selling Bale, their best player - nothing more and lets not forget that.

I've never knowingly seen him play if I'm honest. It's just continually missing out on targets that I'm finding depressing. Missing out on one to Spurs offering what is a similar package is a grim reality check.

Ok I get that mate, but here is thing though:

The club has shown some ambition to sign that caliber of players without Europe or Champions League. Micky and now Willian have gone to teams that are competing in Europe, whilst Costa signed a contract extension and Papas is still in the wind.

Context is needed here.

So what's plan F? Messi?

"Liverpool have expressed an interest in Messi and are confident the player wants to join them. The Reds are poised to bid large for the highly rated Barca false 9, whom manager Brendan Rogers visualises playing in a fluid front four with Falcao, Ozil and wantaway gobshite Luis Suarez".

So what's plan F? Messi?

"Liverpool have expressed an interest in Messi and are confident the player wants to join them. The Reds are poised to bid large for the highly rated Barca false 9, whom manager Brendan Rogers visualises playing in a fluid front four with Falcao, Ozil and wantaway gobshite Luis Suarez".

Souces !!

What's the deal with these mythical scouts from city? Who did they ever scout? Who are they, are they even real? Fuck knows.

Why can't we pick up these players before they are actually costing 30 million+.(coutinho aside)

They all start somewhere and other clubs are seeing the potential.

What's the deal with these mythical scouts from city? Who did they ever scout? Who are they, are they even real? Fuck knows.

Why can't we pick up these players before they are actually costing 30 million+.(coutinho aside)

And Alberto, and Aspas as well!

Maybe Alberto is such a player. And Ibe. And Sterling.

Liverpool refused to go above their initial valuation and Willian is White Hart Lane bound as a result.

If true, fair enough. First rule of negotiating anything is you have to be willing to walk away. If the club valued the player at x, and only x, then we walked away.

We should put all our eggs into one Arda shaped basket. He's supposedly a big Red too.

Maybe, but don't base it on his wearing a Liverpool shirt with Sahin's name on it. I believe Sahin left here feeling hard done by - don't expect him to sing the praises of Rodgers to Turan.

Maybe, but don't base it on his wearing a Liverpool shirt with Sahin's name on it. I believe Sahin left here feeling hard done by - don't expect him to sing the praises of Rodgers to Turan.

No, but i'm sure there were some quotes some time ago about him wanting to come here. Probably bullshit, but i'll take any glimmer of hope right about now.

I've no problem with missing out on him if spurs offered more cash and more wages, in fact I've no problem missing out on him at all as I don't think I've ever seen the cunt kick a ball.

Hey ho, hopefully we've got alternatives lined up but it's getting scarily close to the end of the window and I'd imagine prices start to creep up when players move late on.