You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I need to get off this Willian debate, but fucking hell, it feels that I am a "Willian transfer news" addict at the moment.

Twitter has now Willian as a popular worldwide trend. Shitloads of people coming out with different stuff.

Example:

Got someone who said the following:

I bleed Red. ‏@LFC_news_YNWA_ 5m

As I have said, #willian is in Liverpool & on his way to meet with BR & hogan to discuss the clubs ambition & opportunity or him& terms etc

Like Babb said, modern football is great.

News meltdown imminent.

The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

When it's kept under wraps people assume we've got no targets' date=' and when it's clear who we're going for it's now assumed to be PR.

Modern football's great.[/quote']

No-one would give a fuck if we actually signed the player.

The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

When it's kept under wraps people assume we've got no targets' date=' and when it's clear who we're going for it's now assumed to be PR.

Modern football's great.[/quote']

They wouldn't be damned if we actually signed any of these players we are allegedly bidding for, despite the other clubs denials, I said at the time we were after the Armenian lad it was surprising how we managed to tie up the cheap deals and sales quite quickly but when it come to improving the first team by actually spending a bit we were dragging our heels, well here we are 3 alleged deals later and the same thing is happening.

If he goes to Spurs it's no surprise because out of the two clubs only one is showing a real ambition to get back up there.

No-one would give a fuck if we actually signed the player.

They would if he turned out to be shit and we paid a fortune for the honour of another shit player.

As ever, we decide which business was sound with hindsight, but in the interim we piss and moan, slate the press as bullshitters and then click the links.

They would if he turned out to be shit and we paid a fortune for the honour of another shit player.

As ever' date=' we decide which business was sound with hindsight, but in the interim we piss and moan, slate the press as bullshitters and then click the links.[/quote']

Spot on. We've been burned so many times on expensive flops. Not saying he will flop but I believe the club shouldn't enter a bidding war. We can't go back down the route of signing players for big fees for the sake of it and then shipping them off for peanuts.

As ever' date=' we decide which business was sound with hindsight, but in the interim we piss and moan, slate the press as bullshitters and then click the links.[/quote']

*insert picture of a hammer smiting a nail head here*

If he goes to Spurs it's no surprise because out of the two clubs only one is showing a real ambition to get back up there.

Why, because they signed Chadli and Paulinho and Soldado, but lose Bale, that means they are better than us?

Really? So we refuse to sell our top player, and we also add Aspas, Toure, Mignolet, Cissokho and Alberto, and we're now a WORSE team than we were last season?

We ALSO bid for Willian, Mkhitaryan and Costa, but we're not showing any ambition, obviously.

Did you actually watch Spurs at the weekend? Gylfi Siggurdsson and Jermaine Defoe were their standout players, and even then they laboured to a 1-0 win against the worst side I've ever seen in this division, and even then it took a penalty to accomplish it. Palace just stood off them, even from 20 yards out, they refused to come out of their penalty area at times. Bale would have scored 2 or 3 from distance.

Whereas we passed a Stoke team off the park and their keeper made save after save, world class saves. On another day we win that 5-1. Without Suarez, and with Sturridge only just fit enough to play, having missed most of pre-season. By the way, Borini scored two against the Mancs U21 side last night, and Aspas is finding his feet, we've got goals in us son, believe that.

So you can fuck off with this Spurs wankathon, I saw through their shite last season and I certainly see through it without Bale. AvB is a creepy twat, the 'stories' about him being offered the Real Madrid and PSG jobs this Summer are lovely, no doubt offered to the press by his agent, just total shite. I'm sure that two giants of European football wanted the person who led Spurs to 5th, especially when Spurs finished higher in the previous season.

Speak for yourself.

Well they are either spending the Bale money, or they are spending over £100m to keep Bale - and are going to increase their wage bill by a fucking wedge to do so.

If they can get Lamela as well and Keep Bale (as reported)! They will have a much better squad than most teams, but then again you would if you spend upwards of £130m.

A precious £30 million saved.

Spend some of it on Ba or Cisse.

Spend a bit more of it on Vermaelen for a bit of bite.

How anyone who watched us against Stoke, sans Suarez i might add, thinks we need more attacking mids over other areas of the pitch, i don't know.

We need a clinical bastard in front of goal, and some more bollocks in midfield.

Well they are either spending the Bale money, or they are spending over £100m to keep Bale - and are going to increase their wage bill by a fucking wedge to do so.

If they can get Lamela as well and Keep Bale (as reported)! They will have a much better squad than most teams, but then again you would if you spend upwards of £130m.

I doubt they'll even get Lamela if Bale does go as well as Willian

And if Lamela really was a realistic target for them we should be all over it!