You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers has stated today that we have been knocked back by for quite a few of our targets. Mkhitaryan was clearly number one which is why we focussed upon him earlier - and have moved on. Costa may not have been second or third choice but it is clear that he indicated he would move only to stay and sign a new contract. So, you have absolutely no proof that there was only two players on that list (ignoring Aspas and Alberto).

And I take it you are ignoring the defensive players bought, scouted etc?

It's looking more and more like our fans are a shower of whinging bitches, who will simply shift and move onto something else to bitch and whinge about until we eventually move onto the state of the catering as further proof that FSG are corrupt cunts determined to drive the club into the ground.

Where was it clear he wanted to move on? No sane player would be looking for a way out of there, its the third best club is spain and he was a total waste of time I could have told the owners that right off the bat.

Total myth he 'used us to get a new and better contract, his contract was shit and he was always going to sign a new one and be offered a better deal. You think our alleged attempt to sign him would have had any bearing on that? How exactly, did they not imagine he would leave for another club if he didnt get decent terms or I suppose they just thought he would retire?

Top scorer for them in the CL have won the uefa impressively and generally have shades of us under Rafa but with less infighting and a young coach, he's not gonna leave the CL to come and get knocked out of the cups by wank 2nd divison teams and try and make a fist of getting into the uefa thru the fair play league.

The idea he 'used us' is fucking wank, makes no sense at all and is something Everton fans would say. 'We were gonna sign Ronaldo but he just used us to get a new contract out of Real Madrid.' It did however use up 3 weeks of the precious spending window for FSG where they didnt have to spend, cos our fans are to stupid to ask why they cant go after a few players at once.

Shows how desperate things have gotten for a liverpool fan.

Edited by dennis tooth

You talk some fucking waffle you, the first team needs improving because it has barely moved, the squad is probably slightly better but the first 11 by arguably not much, now lets for one fucking minute pretend their are better players out there who might improve our first 11.... Whoa how about we sign some of those?

I don't give a fuck about spending £30 million on one player, I'd much rather 3 Coutihnos' but the chances are that won't happen but that's not to say its therefore impossible to improve our first team. Given the, at best patchy recruitment policy of these owners and the monumental cock up last summer is it any fucking surprise people arnt happy going into the last week looking for what seems our most expensive, therefore difficult signing?

I don't actually blame Rodgers but if he allows the same as last year to happen again then he is totally tarnished for me as a manager.

Like I said yesterday we used to laugh at Kenwright for blagging them he was after big signings and now look at some of you, defending our very own 'attempts'. If the target is unrealistic then who's fault is it for wasting time pursuing them?

Fuck off, I could say the same about you lad - you're the same as me, a non-entity on the internet with an opinion. Just that you whinge far more.

Where was it clear he wanted to move on? No sane player would be looking for a way out of there, its the third best club is spain and he was a total waste of time I could have told the owners that right off the bat.

Total myth he 'used us to get a new and better contract, his contract was shit and he was always going to sign a new one and be offered a better deal. You think our alleged attempt to sign him would have had any bearing on that? How exactly, did they not imagine he would leave for another club if he didnt get decent terms or I suppose they just thought he would retire?

Top scorer for them in the CL have won the uefa impressively and generally have shades of us under Rafa but with less infighting and a young coach, he's not gonna leave the CL to come and get knocked out of the cups by wank 2nd divison teams and try and make a fist of getting into the uefa thru the fair play league.

The idea he 'used us' is fucking wank, makes no sense at all and is something Everton fans would say. 'We were gonna sign Ronaldo but he just used us to get a new contract out of Real Madrid.' It did however use up 3 weeks of the precious spending window for FSG where they didnt have to spend, cos our fans are to stupid to ask why they cant go after a few players at once.

Shows how desperate things have gotten for a liverpool fan.

And you can fuck off as well. Rodgers said he felt we were used - but, as per usual with you - it doesn't suit, ergo it didn't happen. 3 weeks? That your maths at play again? It was over in less than a week.

Whelan, do you not think this window has been a bit of a shambles thus far? We have 10 days left to sign players and one of them is a bank holiday so they'll be watching Bond movies and shit.

Given what has happened since the window opened, and the Dempsey mess up last summer, it's not looking good is it? I know you're a glass half full kind of guy but I'm struggling to see many positives so far unless Luis Alberto suddenly becomes the next Figo.

Fuck off, I could say the same about you lad - you're the same as me, a non-entity on the internet with an opinion. Just that you whinge far more.

And you can fuck off as well. Rodgers said he felt we were used - but, as per usual with you - it doesn't suit, ergo it didn't happen. 3 weeks? That your maths at play again? It was over in less than a week.

Perhaps, certainly felt like three. Anyway, two things, Rodgers, did he specify who was using us, if it was FSG or Costa's agent? Secondly if he meant Costa, I'd counter it by saying Rodgers is a proven liar. Anyway its our own silly fault for falling for it, he was never going to come here.

You're always going on about Benjamin Netanyahu!

Let it go Lynne, you're never gonna meet him.

Yeah but we have pulled - we just don't deem the birds fit enough, even though they are perfectly nice and have potential to be stunners if they don't let themselves go.

If you want a fit bird, you need to take the knock backs - but you also need patience - we could have settled for Eriksen, or Ben Arfa and those same fans would be criticising them now.

Fundamentally the problem is that when we were looking at our best - Kenny went clubing down Bootle - sure she looked georgeous, but in the morning when the make up was gone, and the wonderbra was nowhere, she was average and, pretty much the same as all the other girls - but we spent a fucking fortune getting the tedious slag into bed and, to make matters worse we caught an STD!

Now, nobody wants to shag us because we have the mange.

Clubbing in Bootle? ***shivers at some memories***

Guest San Don

There's some fucking shit spouted in here. The 'I don't want a sugar daddy owner,' but I do really. The 'I don't want a marquee signing,' but I do really. Guess what, we aren't fucking attractive enough for established players.

Do some people think Suarez would sign for us now after 4 seasons of no CL football? Fucking wake up!

There's some fucking shit spouted in here. The 'I don't want a sugar daddy owner,' but I do really. The 'I don't want a marquee signing,' but I do really. Guess what, we aren't fucking attractive enough for established players.

Do some people think Suarez would sign for us now after 4 seasons of no CL football? Fucking wake up!

Ah, the Sugar Daddy Manouvre, the last bankrupt attack of people who don't want to hear any criticism of the club.

Yeah but we have pulled - we just don't deem the birds fit enough, even though they are perfectly nice and have potential to be stunners if they don't let themselves go.

That is not it, Whelan, we haven't even pulled.

We are like this bloke who has his best mate arrange him to meet this really fit bird, who looks exactly like Brooke Burke.

When he finally gets a chance to meet her and after a few bevvies she asks "Lets get a room at the Ritz and I'll show you a night to remember" he makes his excuses and fucking leaves to have a wank in his room instead.

When his mate rings him the next morning to see how it all went, he says "Nah, mate, she's just a moon-faced, shitty yank bitch with an attitude and don't start me on her nails - awful, just awful! Not for me lid".

Then, after a while when his best mate finds him this other bird, an absolute stunner, Kate Upton alike, exactly the same thing happens.

This time he goes "Nah, mate, I find obesity repulsive, not for me lid".

Guest San Don
Ah, the Sugar Daddy Manouvre, the last bankrupt attack of people who don't want to hear any criticism of the club.

Hmmm. Not sure if that's a dig or not.

I don't want a sugar daddy owner. But, I feel the owners are far too stuck in to this 'buy 'em young' to forge success. I think we'll just become a selling club with that strategy.

At the same time, I was never confident that any of the 3 big transfer s we were after would end up here. Why? Because all it needed to scupper each deal was a club in the cl or el or to offer more money and we'd be second choice at best, as it turned out for all 3 deals.

The bottom line is being Liverpool is not enough, neither in my opinion is paying a bigger fee or wages.

• 7 months later...

was thinking whilst watching Chelsea tonight, that had we signed him and got the same input that Chelsea have, whilst he is a decent player I don't think it would've been money well spent at 30 odd million

Poor man's Sterling.

He'd have been great for us because Brendan Rodgers.

Agreed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Kind of glad we didn't spend 30m plus the night agents fee reported. Don't think his talent warranted that. Though RK is probably right that Rodgers... Etc.

Kono and Costa are the ones I'm pissed about.

Wasn't it a general feeling among all of us that 30mill being asked was steep for Willian but we were okay because we had already seen the dortmund guy and costa snub us and the fact that we thought that the left side was a weakness and it was also near closure of transfer window.

Rodgers - we know about the players here. he he