You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And I disagree!

And to be quite frank, couldn't give a fuck. If you're not attractive enough to attract a fit bird, you either make yourself more attractive or you settle for a fat lass.

I've never shagged a fat lass as I find obesity repulsive. In other words, i'd rather we didn't sign Tom Ince and we held out for someone decent.

Agreed.

Yeah I was thinking of Eriksen. I know Rodgers has said that he would rather Coutinho player centrally but I think Eriksen is adaptable enough, and I think the way that we play wouldn't restrict Coutinho if he was to start on the left. Suarez is more than likely to start on the right, or left.

As I say, you start with a list - if those players refuse you can't do much about it. Rodgers has said he has found it difficult to attract the players he wants to attract, and unlike City we ain't gonna pay the wages to make us more palatable to the fitties!

In all fairness Atsu would have cost £10-15m if he wasn't in contract dispute, so I'd be fine with him.

I doubt Willian was on the list considering he wasn't available unless FSG have been manipulating Russian stocks in order to make him available so if that's the case was it only Costa and mkhitaryan on the list, pretty short for our awesome scouting network. It's looking more and more like last January was an absolute fluke rather then down to any skilled analysis and scouting

I doubt Willian was on the list considering he wasn't available unless FSG have been manipulating Russian stocks in order to make him available so if that's the case was it only Costa and mkhitaryan on the list, pretty short for our awesome scouting network. It's looking more and more like last January was an absolute fluke rather then down to any skilled analysis and scouting

whats to say there is no-one else on the list? Lamela it seems was certainly on at one point and hopefully we haven't completely wrote that one off yet and who knows there might be more

whats to say there is no-one else on the list? Lamela it seems was certainly on at one point and hopefully we haven't completely wrote that one off yet and who knows there might be more

If there is/was more on the list we must have great poker faces (which we haven't) because we're waiting untill the last minute for it, I can just feel the disappointment coming over me already.

If there is/was more on the list we must have great poker faces (which we haven't) because we're waiting untill the last minute for it, I can just feel the disappointment coming over me already.

to be fair I don't think anyone had an inkling with regards to Costa till it came out we'd bid, same with Willian although admittedly different circumstances, fact is half the people on this board are aware of players for 30million and under who could add something to us, so no reason the manager and transfer committee won't be

Rodgers has stated today that we have been knocked back by for quite a few of our targets. Mkhitaryan was clearly number one which is why we focussed upon him earlier - and have moved on. Costa may not have been second or third choice but it is clear that he indicated he would move only to stay and sign a new contract. So, you have absolutely no proof that there was only two players on that list (ignoring Aspas and Alberto).

And I take it you are ignoring the defensive players bought, scouted etc?

It's looking more and more like our fans are a shower of whinging bitches, who will simply shift and move onto something else to bitch and whinge about until we eventually move onto the state of the catering as further proof that FSG are corrupt cunts determined to drive the club into the ground.

It's looking more and more like our fans are a shower of whinging bitches, who will simply shift and move onto something else to bitch and whinge about until we eventually move onto the state of the catering as further proof that FSG are corrupt cunts determined to drive the club into the ground.

hahaha

So what do we do?

If we cannot attract those players do we offer them astronomical wages to make the move, pissing off the rest of the squad in doing so?

Do we just buy anyone? Because I can see how that will be recieved - mention Eriksen and dozens will tell you how shit he is, Yarmolenko comes from a shit league he isn't what we want!

Do you just want a marquee signing? We need a centre half as much as another forward, probably another centre mid - £30m may need to be split three ways.

Do you want players who will improve the team? If so, we may have take the risk and wait until January (see how Atsu and Llajic get on with their contracts)

It is all very well listing players names, I would guess that some of the names thrown about have actually been discussed and have already turned us down - we have had players like Costa using us to get an improved contract!

Our problems won't be solved by being dismissive and 'realistic' - the fact of the matter is a fair few of our fans won't be totally happy until the club buys a player that they like - not one that they are told is good, one that they like.

If we were to continue the metaphor of pulling birds, our current plight is that of a lad who does all the chatting up and buying the drinks but none of the fucking. Right now a lot of supporters are getting fucking fed up with going home for a wank and I have to admit, my dick is starting to chaff. I want to see some deals closed in the next week otherwise we have allowed another summer to pass without really closing the gaps on the teams above us when the opportunity has been there to do that.

Its not that I just want a marquee signing for the sake of it, but we have been 'trying' to do it all summer and FSG have failed to pull. We need to get Sakho in and another top attacking player. We do this and all the lonely wanks will be forgotten, as aside from some of the disappointments, we have got to finger blast a few decent enough birds this summer without pulling any models.

Yeah but we have pulled - we just don't deem the birds fit enough, even though they are perfectly nice and have potential to be stunners if they don't let themselves go.

If you want a fit bird, you need to take the knock backs - but you also need patience - we could have settled for Eriksen, or Ben Arfa and those same fans would be criticising them now.

Fundamentally the problem is that when we were looking at our best - Kenny went clubing down Bootle - sure she looked georgeous, but in the morning when the make up was gone, and the wonderbra was nowhere, she was average and, pretty much the same as all the other girls - but we spent a fucking fortune getting the tedious slag into bed and, to make matters worse we caught an STD!

Now, nobody wants to shag us because we have the mange.

So what do we do?

If we cannot attract those players do we offer them astronomical wages to make the move, pissing off the rest of the squad in doing so?

Do we just buy anyone? Because I can see how that will be recieved - mention Eriksen and dozens will tell you how shit he is, Yarmolenko comes from a shit league he isn't what we want!

Do you just want a marquee signing? We need a centre half as much as another forward, probably another centre mid - £30m may need to be split three ways.

Do you want players who will improve the team? If so, we may have take the risk and wait until January (see how Atsu and Llajic get on with their contracts)

It is all very well listing players names, I would guess that some of the names thrown about have actually been discussed and have already turned us down - we have had players like Costa using us to get an improved contract!

Our problems won't be solved by being dismissive and 'realistic' - the fact of the matter is a fair few of our fans won't be totally happy until the club buys a player that they like - not one that they are told is good, one that they like.

You talk some fucking waffle you, the first team needs improving because it has barely moved, the squad is probably slightly better but the first 11 by arguably not much, now lets for one fucking minute pretend their are better players out there who might improve our first 11.... Whoa how about we sign some of those?

I don't give a fuck about spending £30 million on one player, I'd much rather 3 Coutihnos' but the chances are that won't happen but that's not to say its therefore impossible to improve our first team. Given the, at best patchy recruitment policy of these owners and the monumental cock up last summer is it any fucking surprise people arnt happy going into the last week looking for what seems our most expensive, therefore difficult signing?

I don't actually blame Rodgers but if he allows the same as last year to happen again then he is totally tarnished for me as a manager.

Like I said yesterday we used to laugh at Kenwright for blagging them he was after big signings and now look at some of you, defending our very own 'attempts'. If the target is unrealistic then who's fault is it for wasting time pursuing them?

If we were to continue the metaphor of pulling birds, our current plight is that of a lad who does all the chatting up and buying the drinks but none of the fucking. Right now a lot of supporters are getting fucking fed up with going home for a wank and I have to admit, my dick is starting to chaff. I want to see some deals closed in the next week otherwise we have allowed another summer to pass without really closing the gaps on the teams above us when the opportunity has been there to do that.

Its not that I just want a marquee signing for the sake of it, but we have been 'trying' to do it all summer and FSG have failed to pull. We need to get Sakho in and another top attacking player. We do this and all the lonely wanks will be forgotten, as aside from some of the disappointments, we have got to finger blast a few decent enough birds this summer without pulling any models.

HAHA More like there are five birds in front of John Henry, bollock naked playing with their beans and John's stood there goin

'hehe, hehe, hehe, wat dye want, hehe, can I hold your hand?'

HAHA More like there are five birds in front of John Henry, bollock naked playing with their beans and John's stood there goin

'hehe, hehe, hehe, wat dye want, hehe, can I hold your hand?'

Henry would tell them he had the girth to compete with any man in the world and when they asked to see, he'd pretend his phone was going off and he'd have to leave the room, before promptly fleeing the country.

This would be described as long-term vision by posters on here.