You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

While excited at the prospect of landing a big name, Nuri Sahin is still lurking at the back of my mind. Was dead excited when we beat Arsenal to him. And then...

Felt the same with Torres mind. Anyway, just saying.

So, is he better than Downing?

Yeah, I would say he's a bit like a Brazilian Downing.

From the Mail:

Liverpool look set to beat off Tottenham and Manchester United in the £30million race to sign Willian.

Both Liverpool and Tottenham have entered into talks with Anzhi Mackhachkala for the Brazil international but it appears Willian is leaning more towards a move to Anfield.

If Liverpool can complete a deal for the 25-year-old, Willian would become the second most expensive acquisition in the club's history and he would become the marquee signing that manager Brendan Rodgers has been desperate to make all summer.

It would also represent something of a coup for Liverpool, given that Manchester United registered their interest and Tottenham are in a position to offer him European football.

Willian had told ESPN Brazil, after being informed of Liverpool's interest earlier this week that he was 'very calm and just waiting for the best' and also described Liverpool as 'a great club'.

He has had his heart set on a move to England since it became apparent Anzhi Makhachkala would have to sell, having been beset by financial problems.

Rodgers has been anxious to give his squad more quality and depth and the arrival of Willian, who won the UEFA Cup during his time with Shakhtar Donetsk, would provide that. Liverpool are also on the verge of wrapping up a season-long loan move for Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho subject to a medical.

Beat off. Snigger**.

**A snigger is not a racist laugh.**

Dominic King also saying we are close to doing a deal for both Willian and Cissokho. Sounds promising.

Good to see he's well up to speed with the whole Cissokho thing, since that deal was done about 10 hrs ago.

Do you think? I don't think he has a sniff of getting into Barcelona's first team on a regular basis, and the way they like to pay the big stars and not the reserve players he can always earn more with another club. It's worth remembering that quite a few of us didn't think we had a chance with Coutinho (who is actually a more obvious example to have used)!

They have Neymar, Messi so Tello, Pedro, Sanchez and next year Defolounooon (whatever the fuck he is called) for the other place - if they don't sign anyone else.

You are obsessed with Tello, every window, every year.

Might get lucky one day, you never know, i bet you jizz to high heaven if it happened.

I'm not by any means condoning how Suarez has behaved recently, but if his flirting with Arsenal has shamed our owners into loosening the purse strings then we may all one day thank him for it.

I think all it would prove is we have been trying to spend the money but it has not been able to happen. I think the Micky fella was a minefield, it was easier for him to move to Germany.

Costa looks like he was happy where he was but not on the wages he was on, so he flashes his lashes and uses us to get a new contract.

I one hundred percent do not think in any shape or form that Suarez has had any bearing on our transfer plans, apart from maybe having to replace him. No way has his antics made the owners splash the cash, not a chance.

You are obsessed with Tello, every window, every year.

Might get lucky one day, you never know, i bet you jizz to high heaven if it happened.

Haha - I might have a little tickle, yes!

My knowledge of European players doesn't really extend beyond the big teams who play in the champions league!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
30m? He looks shit on them videos.

Considering the videos are a combined 12 minutes long and you replied after 7 minutes, I'm going to say you've not even watched them, you little scamp.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've not seen all that much of him. Just a few CL matches against tough opposition, like Chelsea and Juve. From those 'every touch' videos he looks to be very quick off the mark, gets back and does defensive work, beats players easily, very good passer, holds it up well, links up very well, and is about two stages of thought quicker than his team mates.

On the other hand, he looks like he wants to beat players two or three times, looks to set others up when he could dart into the box and go himself. He's like Ronaldinho without the necessary ego and bottle to really push on and dominate games by himself. Like I say, though, that's just from the 'every touch' videos. Even then only a handful of games.

Close down all forums where people ask for opinions.

Your not asking for opinions though. As per, your looking for an opportunity to criticise and snip!

Had Spurs been in our position with Willian, I am pretty sure that you would be using him as an example of our owners lack of ambition, and wouldn't be in the slightest bit interested in how much people have watched him.

Your not asking for opinions though. As per, your looking for an opportunity to criticise and snip!

Had Spurs been in our position with Willian, I am pretty sure that you would be using him as an example of our owners lack of ambition, and wouldn't be in the slightest bit interested in how much people have watched him.

I was asking had anyone seen him play.