You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Broken Collarbone

King Emlyn

Has anybody suffered this absolute bastard of an injury? Shattered mine about two months ago and still suffering. Unable to move for an initial three weeks and now my left arm hurts like the bastard devil because I've not used it for so long, I've a lump the size of a ping pong ball where my clavicle used to be and my left side is weak as piss...misery. How long before you're normal again ? Broke my arm before and it was nothing like this shit.

Broke mine about twenty years ago playing (american) football.

My best friend drove my shoulder into the frozen tundra of the field and shattered it. I remember the gunshot sound and the warm ooze of the bone marrow seeping out.

It took about two or three months before it felt even close to normal, and my sleeping habits changed forever. As you know, you basically can't move much. So many times I had to lift my shoulder back up from the floor. It's a very pivitol part of your structure.

Would not recommend this experience to anyone.

Broke mine about twenty years ago playing (american) football.

My best friend drove my shoulder into the frozen tundra of the field and shattered it. I remember the gunshot sound and the warm ooze of the bone marrow seeping out.

It took about two or three months before it felt even close to normal, and my sleeping habits changed forever. As you know, you basically can't move much. So many times I had to lift my shoulder back up from the floor. It's a very pivitol part of your structure.

Would not recommend this experience to anyone.

Yep, that snapping sound is so fresh in the memory. I'm not a wuss and I've suffered quite a few injuries but this really is a bastard. Depressed to read how long you guys had issues with it!

I did mine halfway round the black run at Llandegla last November. Got up and rode the rest of the route back to the car park then loaded the back onto the top of the car and drove home. Didn't hurt that much so I thought it was just bruising and didn't bother going to the hospital until the Wednesday after when my missus nagged me into getting an x-ray. Imagine my surprise when they said it was broken.

You lot are a gang of pussies, its time to take your skirts off and harden the fuck up.

I did mine halfway round the black run at Llandegla last November. Got up and rode the rest of the route back to the car park then loaded the back onto the top of the car and drove home. Didn't hurt that much so I thought it was just bruising and didn't bother going to the hospital until the Wednesday after when my missus nagged me into getting an x-ray. Imagine my surprise when they said it was broken.

You lot are a gang of pussies, its time to take your skirts off and harden the fuck up.

Was it a crack or a clean break? I've honestly not known pain like this and I've suffered several broken bones, Im beginning to think I've trapped a nerve or something, it's horrendous.

Don't want to depress you any more but i broke mine about 20 years ago as well, never set right and i've had muscle problems in my neck for years, still get pain in my neck if i dont train or do any type of physical activity. Its the worst bone to break, a fucker of a bone to break

I've sort of fund what helps me with it and thats physical activity, like weight training, gym work etc. You might want to look into some decent rehab for it and some sort of programe that builds up the muscle again in that area and keep that shoulder area strong. I didn't do that as i was a teenager when i broke mine, but now ive made the my left shoulder fairly strong along with my neck and it gives me little but no bother now anymore, but I AM hearing your frustration its a bastard it is!!

Was it a crack or a clean break? I've honestly not known pain like this and I've suffered several broken bones, Im beginning to think I've trapped a nerve or something, it's horrendous.

My little joke about the skirts, I know it can be a nasty injury but I had a clean in line fracture and a combination of the muscle and swelling held everything tightly in place so mine just wasnt that bad.