You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is your quick meal of choice?

Sugar Ape

At least mine is quick food, unlike some of the other choices on here.

That takes 2 mins to make and fills me up.

Obviously I'd prefer to have what Woo suggested, but that takes much longer!

From the time the kettle is boiled it takes five minutes, unless it takes you forever to roughly chop a bit of meat and veg.

Not a corned beef fn at all. In-fact I actually hate it. My maa made me eat corned beef hash when I was a kid. never forgiven her.

Cant beat a plate of that after a cold day,

Corned beef hash is ace. Add some beans and cheese for extra awesomeness.

Which raises the question, what is your recipe for corned beef hash? Potatoes cubed or mashed, beans or not beans, egg on top or not?

pitta bread with tomato puree smeared over top grated cheese with Wuster sauce and paprika black pepper and chorizo or pepperoni - grilled till the cheese melts - if I've got a bit more time I will put peppers and mushrooms and sweetcorn - bit like a "cheats pizza"

Which raises the question, what is your recipe for corned beef hash? Potatoes cubed or mashed, beans or not beans, egg on top or not?

Yep. I've never heard of anyone having it any other way.

Funny how you grow up thinking everyone does it your way. I'd always had the potatoes in big chunks and with fried onions but Mr Champ has his mashed. Kitchen wars.

Since its become a bit cheffy I've also done it frying the potato chunks, no beans and adding a fried or poached egg on top.

Its all good really

Paulie knows (well, nearly).

Get a pack-and-a-half of Koka noodles (got to be a pack of chicken flavour and a pack of curry flavour as you mix both of the sachets in the broth), some chicken breast (fry it, boil it, whatever, just make sure it's sliced thin, and some Chinese cabbage (or even lettuce will do). Boil it all in a pan for about five minutes, mix in one beaten egg at the final minute, then top with sliced spring onion and chillies.

Here's one I made earlier (this is an actual photo that I took of 'em):

c1f1eeaafab011e2a6fb22000a1fafd6_7.jpg

The cheeky bastards at Wagamama charge a tenner for that and try to pass it off as chicken ramen. Sneaky bastards, no wonder Godzilla wanted rid of them all.

My thanks to you Mr Woo. Never had Koka noodles before- went to Tescos and got all of the above and did this for me and the Mrs for lunch today.

Hot, steamy, noodle goodness