You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Old Photos

andybram

I have amassed a collection of photos of past players, games, events etc.. I have 1000's in my collection and I have started a facebook group so I can share them with all Liverpool fans.

Some you will have seen, but literally tons you won't have seen and I hope they bring back memories long since forgotten of past players and games you may have attended over the years

If you would like to see them please Like the page and I hope you enjoy them, the page is literally less than an hour old so the pics will be coming thick and fast, thanks

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liverpool-FC-Images-Through-The-Years/1377236892505017

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have amassed a collection of photos of past players, games, events etc.. I have 1000's in my collection and I have started a facebook group so I can share them with all Liverpool fans.

Some you will have seen, but literally tons you won't have seen and I hope they bring back memories long since forgotten of past players and games you may have attended over the years

If you would like to see them please Like the page and I hope you enjoy them, the page is literally less than an hour old so the pics will be coming thick and fast, thanks

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Liverpool-FC-Images-Through-The-Years/1377236892505017

Linky doesnt seem to be working.

• Upvote 3

This lady has some quality pics from yesteryear.

https://twitter.com/AngelJCake

The 1946/47 champions

B8nQiWmCMAAICEe.jpg

George Kay was ahead of his time even if he looks like one of those dodgy spies in Casablanca.  It is George Kay with the hat on in the centre, Stringvest?.

After the war, the club took the unusual decision to tour the United States and Canada. It was Kay's theory that the climate and diet in North America would be extremely beneficial to the players. The punishing schedule of 10 matches in less than a month meant that the Liverpool squad started the first post-war season in far better physical shape than many of their competitors.

George Kay was not a fan of silly goal celebrations, I wonder what he would make of the Sturridge dance.

But the Reds weathered the Yankee onslaught and left Massachusetts with a 3-2 victory. After the game, Kay mentioned his dissatisfaction with the prolonged celebrations of the New England men following their goals, relying on tired American stereotypes: “Joe and Ed flung their arms around each other, waited in the center circle, and it needed only a banjo to make it a real hill-billy show. The other players of their side gave individual step dances in their joy.” Just as football tours have a long history, so too does English condescension towards the American interpretation of the game.

http://8by8mag.com/fat-and-football-on-liverpools-1946-u-s-tour/

She's posted this and said she's not sure who it is.

B8eLCE7IYAAVu7h.jpg

I reckon it's Joey Jones, but I don't know the other fella.  What do you think?

[Edit - I've just realised who it is, the gobby cunt.]

This lady has some quality pics from yesteryear.

https://twitter.com/AngelJCake

The 1946/47 champions

B8nQiWmCMAAICEe.jpg

George Kay was ahead of his time even if he looks like one of those dodgy spies in Casablanca.  It is George Kay with the hat on in the centre, Stringvest?.

After the war, the club took the unusual decision to tour the United States and Canada. It was Kay's theory that the climate and diet in North America would be extremely beneficial to the players. The punishing schedule of 10 matches in less than a month meant that the Liverpool squad started the first post-war season in far better physical shape than many of their competitors.

George Kay was not a fan of silly goal celebrations, I wonder what he would make of the Sturridge dance.

But the Reds weathered the Yankee onslaught and left Massachusetts with a 3-2 victory. After the game, Kay mentioned his dissatisfaction with the prolonged celebrations of the New England men following their goals, relying on tired American stereotypes: “Joe and Ed flung their arms around each other, waited in the center circle, and it needed only a banjo to make it a real hill-billy show. The other players of their side gave individual step dances in their joy.” Just as football tours have a long history, so too does English condescension towards the American interpretation of the game.

http://8by8mag.com/fat-and-football-on-liverpools-1946-u-s-tour/

When did uncle Junior manage Liverpool?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...