You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christopher Walken.

Ezekiel 25:17

At Close Range

MV5BMjA4NzkxMTM0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcz

Chris Penn is amazing in both films too, he should've got an Oscar for his part in The Funeral.

The sheer 1980's-ness of the haircuts has always put me off that film. That, the Madonna song from it and Walken's muzzy.

I've no idea why i've never seen The Funeral, as it totally looks like my type of film. 

EDIT...Having just watched the trailer on youtube, it has Sully from Commando in it. I'm watching this tonight (after the f**ty) 

The sheer 1980's-ness of the haircuts has always put me off that film. That, the Madonna song from it and Walken's muzzy.

It's a fucking great film, mate, from memory I think the Madonna song is either at the start or end anyway so doesn't really affect how good it is.

I need to watch it again actually.

I've no idea why i've never seen The Funeral, as it totally looks like my type of film. 

EDIT...Having just watched the trailer on youtube, it has Sully from Commando in it. I'm watching this tonight (after the f**ty) 

Sully from Commando is not in At Close Range, it must be someone else you're seeing in the trailer.

The Funeral is the most underrated film going for me & Abel Ferrara's masterpiece.

Sully from Commando is not in At Close Range, it must be someone else you're seeing in the trailer.

The Funeral is the most underrated film going for me & Abel Ferrara's masterpiece.

Sorry mate, i was referring to The Funeral, that's the one i watched the trailer for. 

*ludicrously deep voice*  "in a time of change...."

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 06/08/2013 at 17:55, Mendoza said:

His performance in Catch Me If You Can is amongst his very best, playing against type.

It's what the Best Supporting Actor Oscar was made for.  He effortlessly shone so much light onto DiCaprio's character and gave insight into why he was the way he was.

His accent is incredibly unique, imagine if there's some small town where he's from where they are talk like him.

"Hi....John...did you manage to.....cut the grass yesterday?.....or did it....rain?