You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How much is Bale worth.

SCOUSE TAPAS

What is Bales true value.  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What is Bales true value.

• £20 to £30 million
    • £30 to £40 million
    • £40 to £50 million
    • £50 to £60 million
    • £60 to £70 million
    • £70 to £80 million
    • over £80 million

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The option for a bushel of bananas wasn't there, so I think 50M ought to do it. But it's based on the market today, the guy having one really good season, three years left on his contract, and his age/potential. He's not Cavani, Suarez or even Rooney for that matter.

Less than Suarez.

He's not as good, but he's probably worth about the same amount.

First, there's the constant suspensions with Luis, which you'd think would have to reduce his value by 10% or so (seeing as he's not eligible for 10% of his club's games).

However, the big factor in his value is his age. He's 2 and a half years younger than Suarez. That means that you can pay a big transfer fee, sign him to a 5-year deal, and then in 3 years, assuming he's just as good or better, you could sell him for the same amount, roughly. In contrast, Suarez is 27, sign him to the same 5-year deal and in 3 years he'll be on the downslope and you'll be lucky to get half what you paid.

So, Bale (not as good but no history of suspensions + younger) = Suarez (better but gets suspended, is older, and probably not good for marketing the club). At least value-wise. I would think £50 million is probably a fair price for either of them in the current market. If Spurs turn down anything north of £60 million they're insane.

i suppose some of it depends on whether you're selling or buying.

if i'm selling, then as much as i can con out of some dimwitted fool who believes all the media hype.

if i'm buying - nothing. because i wouldn't touch the diving, cheating, crybaby with a barge pole.

does any of this contravene the new thought police regime being imposed by the jellyfish currently running OUR club?

seriously though, he's nowhere near as good as he, or the london-centric meeja finks he is. so about the same as downing then.

but it's all about systems.

He isn't really worth the lowest of those options. Nobody who kicks a ball for a living is. It's football gone mad and being destroyed. And our tickets should be a tenth of today aswell.

But apart from that I'd say around 70m. More than Luis, less than Ronaldo.

Whatever it takes to get him.

His value will only be clear in retrospect, any purchase focuses more on what a player is about to do than what he has already done.

The extra money that he will generate from TV rights sales in the UK will pay for a chunk as will Uk sponsorship deals. There can be less risk at the top end than there is at the bottom.