Quantcast
Great film characters who aren't really main storyline - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Great film characters who aren't really main storyline

Duval's colonel in "Apocalypse Now".

You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like . . . victory. Someday this war's gonna end.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

That is a great line.

Hudson from Aliens. Greatest character ever' date=' and not really essential to the main plot.[/quote']

Agreed. He's ace.

Chalk another vote for Bobby Peru.

Brilliant scene.

[YOUTUBE]LUtn7e05C8M[/YOUTUBE]

I always think of this scene whenever I see that polar bear on the Bird's Eye adverts.

Hedley lamar in Blazing saddles is quality.

Undeniably a great character, but he is central to the main storyline.

Whereas, the "up yours" woman....

[YOUTUBE]mjU03P_6nbQ[/YOUTUBE]

The old feller in Life of Brian who owns the room where the People's Front of Judea have their meetings - the bloke who opens the door to the Romans when they raid - he's only in it for a few seconds, but he's funny as... well, funny as everything else in that film, really.

The old feller in Life of Brian who owns the room where the People's Front of Judea have their meetings - the bloke who opens the door to the Romans when they raid - he's only in it for a few seconds, but he's funny as... well, funny as everything else in that film, really.

That's Matthias, son of Deuteronomy of Gath. He was the old fella who was meant to be stoned. It is indeed a great movie full of great characters - not least the prisoner who admires the Romans ("Nice one Centurion!"), or the sympathetic register taker at the crucifixion, or the two mad guards ("We've got lumps of it round the back!"). I'm sure there are many more.

"Dick" from The Breakfast Club

Dont mess with the bull or you'll get the horns...

2 months Bender..you're mine for 2 months

imagesCAMKGRIO.jpg

Paul Gleason was ace at playing complete and utter arseholes. I'll add his turn as Dwayne T. Robinson in Die Hard

DwayneT.jpg