You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Athletico want to cash in with the debt they are in' date=' so he wont be getting a new contract on the level we are supposedly offering.[/quote']

I don't argue with that, think it's fair comment. But I don't think they'd need to match the wages, I reckon they'd just need to get a good part of the way reading that article.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So if we had bid and if it matched his release clause shouldn't he be over here now discussing terms if he intended to come?

Dunno. Hope this helps.

Probably have a week to respond or something. Or maybe were over there. Or maybe we agreed before hand? Or... Yeah, I dunno.

Any word on sturridge?

Started full training today:

Daniel Sturridge returns to training

Brendan Rodgers has delivered a promising update on the fitness comeback of Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge after the 23-year-old returned to full training on Monday.

The No.15 suffered an ankle injury on international duty with England in May and remained at home to work on his recovery as the Reds travelled on tour to Indonesia, Australia and Thailand.

But Sturridge trained with his colleagues earlier today during an open training session at Anfield - much to the delight of the man who brought him to the club in January.

"Thankfully Daniel had his first training session today with the team and I thought he looked very, very sharp," Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com.

"He obviously had an injury at the end of the season which set him back, but he's worked very hard along with the medical guys who have done a great job with him.

"It's a great testament to him he's kept himself fit and it was just waiting for the right time to introduce him.

"The game on Wednesday will probably be too much for him so we'll look towards the weekend.

"It's important he has another good week's training and it was great to see him back today, because for me he can be one of the top strikers in the Premier League this season.

"He's played no part in the pre-season so you put him in at the top end of the field with his pace, power and his quality and we are able to add something more to the group as well.

"So it all bodes well for us for the beginning of the season and sets us up nice and solid and exciting for the first game."

Daniel Sturridge returns to training - Liverpool FC

Our attacking options are looking better and better all the time.

Will be if we keep suarez and sign this guy.

Last year uniteds forwards scored:

Van persie 26

Rooney 12

Hernandez 10

Welbeck 1

We had

Suarez 23

Sturridge 12

Borini 1

We more or less matched them apart from hernandez 10 goals.

Hopefully aspas can get about 10 and if we get costa and suarez stays we ll have 5 strikers.vthink aspas will be first choice on the right though.

Think suarez is off and costa will be his replacement.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If we get him, barring any improvement (which isn't totally out of the question) I don't think he'll be a stand-out world-class individual performer like a Suarez is, or Torrres was when he joined, but he will add a lot to the first team and squad. That's not to say he won't be good at all individually, but he won't be a £50m player who does everything himself like some sort of magician.

What he offers is strength, powerful running (rather than just raw pace), a few tricks, the desire to get to balls in the box and get his head on it, and he'll win us a fuck load of free-kicks. He'll hold the ball up well, assist, and score. Despite not being one of the world's best individual players, like a Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, how can we not want those attributes in our attack? Plus, if he's taking Downing's place in the first 11 from last season (albeit with a rejig to fit him in on the left or in the centre) then it's nothing but good news. If he joins. If.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
SSN quoting him as saying he is happy at Athletico.

Seems standard these days.

The Liverpool offer? I'm happy with these offers, because it means I am doing my job well," he told Sky Italia.

"But I think Inter have faith in me and I want to show my value here. I don't feel that I'm on my way out. I hope to stay at Inter.

Are we going to finalise this deal or arse about again until it collapses, definitely getting a bit of the Evertons about us if we can't conclude this deal.

It's a twat being out of the CL and trying to strike some sort of sensible deal. We need to remember we're trying to sign players already at teams in the CL and enticing them to a club without it. It's a bitch.

SSN quoting him as saying he is happy at Athletico. Are we going to finalise this deal or arse about again until it collapses, definitely getting a bit of the Evertons about us if we can't conclude this deal.

I see Spurs finalised the Soldado deal aswell.

He says he knows nothing about our interest and is therefore happy to stay - not quite the same thing but it still points to this deal not being straight forward if we're even in for this guy.