You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck Lewandowski. Retards around here would swap him for Suarez. Who's a million times better.

But it is the former who is challenging for league titles and CL glory. Suarez has yet to do it, and not be banned.

Instinctively I want us to hold on to our best players, but Torres' performance dropped as disenchantment set in, as has been true of Reina.

The solution is not more wages or King Brenny sweet talk about The Group, The Project and The Journey, but more players of a similar calibre to mount a tilt for glory.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is the former who is challenging for league titles and CL glory. Suarez has yet to do it, and not be banned.

Instinctively I want us to hold on to our best players, but Torres' performance dropped as disenchantment set in, as has been true of Reina.

The solution is not more wages or King Brenny sweet talk about The Group, The Project and The Journey, but more players of a similar calibre to mount a tilt for glory.

But how can we attract good players when our CEO is so shit? And we all know players move for the CEOs not CL, trophies or money, don't we?

Don't we?

Hello?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

So is this guy on a wind up?

I dont think he has, he's just watched the same youtube vids most of us have.

You talk like you know what your on about but i think your a bit of an idiot who hasnt got much of a clue....

This confirms it:

Yep, your full of shit and havent got a fucking clue what your on about,

Don't argue with me, I know what I'm talking about, I'm a fully blown armchair football expert. Suarez is shit, stats don't lie, Borini is much better and I'd be glad to see the back of Suarez, bring in Fred instead of this shit arse Costa guy. If you don't like my opinion go have a turd. Thanks.

Don't argue with me' date=' I know what I'm talking about, I'm a fully blown armchair football expert. Suarez is shit, stats don't lie, Borini is much better and I'd be glad to see the back of Suarez, bring in Fred instead of this shit arse Costa guy. If you don't like my opinion go have a turd. Thanks.[/quote']

You live up to your name.

http://www.marca.com/2013/08/03/en/football/international_football/1375555913.html

Liverpool is serious about signing Diego Costa. The figures leave no room for any other interpretation. The English club is offering to triple the Brazilian's wages compared to what he currently earns at Atlético.

He would end up pocketing almost EUR4 million net per year, a significant step up on the figure of just over EUR1 million that he takes home at the moment.

Unsurprisingly, the striker is seriously considering the offer. He has been pondering a change of scenery for several months now. Costa loves living in Madrid, but this does nothing to change the fact that he is economically undervalued. Despite his iconic status, he is one of Atlético's lowest-paid players, and this does not tally with his performance on the field of play.

His departure would be much easier now that he has a Spanish passport. This was one of the conditions necessary for him to be able to sign for any other European club, and he has had it for several weeks now, since swearing his loyalty to the Spanish constitution after living in Spain for six years. Costa's agent, Jorge Mendes, has been touting the forward to several English clubs.

What's more, his performances, and especially his goal against Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final, have put him firmly in the media spotlight, which has been the key to Liverpool and Arsenal considering the possibility of paying EUR25 million to cover his buyout clause.

Liverpool to triple Diego Costa's wages - MARCA.com (English version)

Liverpool is serious about signing Diego Costa. The figures leave no room for any other interpretation. The English club is offering to triple the Brazilian's wages compared to what he currently earns at Atlético.

He would end up pocketing almost EUR4 million net per year, a significant step up on the figure of just over EUR1 million that he takes home at the moment.

Unsurprisingly, the striker is seriously considering the offer. He has been pondering a change of scenery for several months now. Costa loves living in Madrid, but this does nothing to change the fact that he is economically undervalued. Despite his iconic status, he is one of Atlético's lowest-paid players, and this does not tally with his performance on the field of play.

His departure would be much easier now that he has a Spanish passport. This was one of the conditions necessary for him to be able to sign for any other European club, and he has had it for several weeks now, since swearing his loyalty to the Spanish constitution after living in Spain for six years. Costa's agent, Jorge Mendes, has been touting the forward to several English clubs.

What's more, his performances, and especially his goal against Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final, have put him firmly in the media spotlight, which has been the key to Liverpool and Arsenal considering the possibility of paying EUR25 million to cover his buyout clause.

"Why waste negotiating to get the best value? How bout we double.. no.. triple your wages?"

Good work Ian.

Surely we as supporters of Liverpool Football Club should take anything the press say with a pinch of salt, they have lied in the past, they do print bullshit to sell papers.

Or do we just believe it all and take in every word they print. I am out on that one.

Believe it when you see it.

Liverpool to triple Diego Costa's wages - MARCA.com (English version)

I wouldn't take anything Marca say about Athletico seriously mate. This is Real Madrids media machine and I would imagine they would love nothing more than pissing Athletico s fans off with this type of story.

I am not saying it isn't true but just more than likely it isn't.

The more i read about this guy the more i like him or maybe im just wanting to like him and hoping he is a huge success.

But he could be a good plan b for us, something a little different that people said we were missing at times last year. There are games that we struggle to break down the opposition so maybe having a big menace battering into players will create spaces for others to work in.

Andy Carroll should have been that player but the fucker couldnt run, this guy seems much more mobile and quick and that could be a real plus point in the prem.

I wouldn't have thought that any player in a £20m move to England would be looking for much less than £60k/£65k a week in reality.

Am on the fence with FSG at present but they can't win in situations like this can they ? If they triple a bod's wages they are shit negotiators, if they negotiate hard & somebody else nips in they are shit negotiators & liars who didn't really want the player.

I wouldn't have thought that any player in a £20m move to England would be looking for much less than £60k/£65k a week in reality.

Am on the fence with FSG at present but they can't win in situations like this can they ? If they triple a bod's wages they are shit negotiators' date=' if they negotiate hard & somebody else nips in they are shit negotiators & liars who didn't really want the player.[/quote']

Yep. We are trying to take him from the 3rd best team in Spain and Champions League football. We are going to have to give him a sizeable pay rise to achieve that.

Am on the fence with FSG at present but they can't win in situations like this can they ? If they triple a bod's wages they are shit negotiators, if they negotiate hard & somebody else nips in they are shit negotiators & liars who didn't really want the player.

Would say even 65k would be relatively cheap for someone commanding such a transfer fee

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yep. We are trying to take him from the 3rd best team in Spain and Champions League football. We are going to have to give him a sizeable pay rise to achieve that.

Funny thing is those complaining at the wages we are reportedly offering are the same ones complaining we are cutting the wage bill. Riddle me that.

If he's on 15-20k being reported, upping it to 45 with performance incentives upto 60 sounds ideal. Just because he's underpaid at the moment, it doesn't mean that's not a good deal.

Much of this 'players wanting CL' talk is tripe. If it wasn't, Luis would be off to Celtic.

For rich established players, yeah, I can see why the CL is the be all and end all of club football. But for the less wealthy, has to be the wages. I can see Costa trading the chance of CL football for better wages.

In any case, the first rule of negotiating is to be willing to walk away.

Funny thing is those complaining at the wages we are reportedly offering are the same ones complaining we are cutting the wage bill. Riddle me that.

If he's on 15-20k being reported, upping it to 45 with performance incentives upto 60 sounds ideal. Just because he's underpaid at the moment, it doesn't mean that's not a good deal.

Not really funny, or true but fits your narrative.

Wasnt Suarez on something like £30 k a week when he first joined? I know Mascherano was. Most of the spurs signings start on something like that. They had wage cap of 50k a week for years.

Bear also in mind, he isnt really a 20 million player.

We are having to a pay a premium in the position we are in.