You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

hopefully by bringing in Falcao's ex-teammate, it will convince Suarez that he is better off staying with us and reaching the top 4, especially with Arsenal, Spurs and Moyes Utd in transition. Then, after a year I would like this guy to show us that Suarez can go to REal for 150mill. :)

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not just shit, but really shit? It makes you wonder just how shit he is when he won 'fans' player of the year' by a landslide over Falcao.

Not just shit, but really shit? It makes you wonder just how shit he is when he won 'fans' player of the year' by a landslide over Falcao.

Maybe because they like a wind up merchant and they knew Falcao was off so why bother kiss his arse?

21M when you can get him for nowt next summer. There has to be better value for money around. A few million more would get you Lewandoski.

Maybe because they like a wind up merchant and they knew Falcao was off so why bother kiss his arse?

21M when you can get him for nowt next summer. There has to be better value for money around. A few million more would get you Lewandoski.

We've got about as much chance of signing Messi as we do Lewandowski. So it's pretty pointless naming him.

If you take that at face value then the vote mean jack shit cos no way in hell is he better than Falcao. Madrid bought Villa to fill the gap left by Falcao instead of a Striker they already had and are happy to sell him off, £21million seems rather excessive for a player whose only had one decent season under his belt. If it was half that I'd be happy but for 21mil he seems shit just like Downing is shot for 20mils and Carroll is shit for 35mil, and if he is to fill the void being left by Suarez then I would be a bit concerned. I'm not sure how he will exactly fit into the team, seems like a lanky player whose good at heading and being brazilian has decent feet as the only bonus point. Are we going to be playing hoofball next season or is he going to be an expensive plan B? 21mil notes can be spent in a better way I'm sure, I hope rodgers spends as much on defensive players because we look rather thin on quality in that area.

Few English speaking Atletico forums if anyone wants to peruse them:

Atleti Transfer Rumours - Page 26 - General Discussion - AtléticoFans Forum - Page 26

Rumores y Fichajes 2013-2014 - Page 24 - Xtratime Community

Not much going on in them like.

There is a Spanish speaking one as well if anyone can read it Diego Costa - Foro Atlético - Foro del Atlético de Madrid

I translated some posts and they don't make much sense. Such as this:

ALL THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW THAT YOU CALLED COSTA .... PLEASE renumbered LIZARD OF Ekipo .... IS LIKE NOT KNOWING THAT THE TIGER IS FALCAO OR FLEA IS MESSI!!

Yes, I am bored.

He's powerful, puts himself about, has good movement, scores goals, and he has an unbelievable knack of getting away with all kinds of sly behaviour. He's going to be even bigger hate figure than Suarez if we get him. I want him badly.

You've never seen him, have you?

I've never seen him in the flesh, no. But what I have seen of him he seems decent but thats about it, one decent season under his belt and now his worth 22mil.

Our transfer record with 'lesser known' high transfer fee players does not give me any faith, Rodgers is not immune to buying melons.

Sure.

Atlético de Madrid have denied reports that they have received an offer for centre-forward Diego Costa from Liverpool. The capital club told AS on Thursday evening that they have not received any offers, from Liverpool or any other club for the Brazilian. Atlético affirmed that there is zero possibility that Diego Costa will abandon the Vicente Calderón this summer or even next year.

In England, several newspapers have claimed that Liverpool have submitted an offer of 21.8 million pounds (25 million euros) to lure Diego Costa to Anfield - presumably as a direct replacement for Luis Suárez.

Atlético rebuff claims of Liverpool bid for Diego Costa | English | AS.com

costagoals1.jpg

What would Diego Costa add to Liverpool? | Pitchside Europe - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

He may have played second fiddle to Radamel Falcao at Atletico Madrid last season, but Diego Costa has still managed to draw considerable attention in the transfer market now that Liverpool have made a £21 million bid for the Brazilian forward.

But what would Costa add to Liverpool, and do they need him?

Costa had quite the breakout season in 2012-13 with Atletico Madrid. After a successful loan spell at Rayo Vallecano, Costa returned with all guns blazing, claiming 10 goals and 12 assists in 31 matches, most of which he played out-of-position as a winger to accommodate Falcao.

He added eight more goals in the Copa del Rey campaign as Atletico lifted the cup, and two in the Europa League.

Costa has many things going for him. As the stats indicate, he is terrific with his head: half his league goals were scored as headers. He's also exceptionally strong; one only needs to remember his duels with Sergio Ramos to know that. Finally, he's a good dribbler of the ball.

Furthermore, the player's versatility means he can play anywhere across the front-line, which would be extremely useful to Liverpool as Brendan Rodgers wants his attacking department to be fluid and able to interchange positionally.

If Suarez does leave Liverpool, Costa could be a relatively cheap replacement for the Uruguayan. But if Suarez remains at the club, it will be interesting to see how Rodgers utilises Costa, Suarez and Daniel Sturridge.

One concern about Costa is his discipline, as last season he picked up a whopping 11 yellow cards, more than any Liverpool player. This indicates he could be difficult for the Liverpool management to handle.

Costa is a talented player, one who certainly knows how to frustrate opponents and opposition fans. He could add more fire and fear into Liverpool’s attack.

This site here is really good for the stats on him if anyone is interested Diego Costa Stats from Squawka.com

Surely this has to be the most stupid thing anybody has ever said on this forum?

There arent enough swear words in the world to describe how stupid what you said is.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

£21million seems rather excessive for a player whose only had one decent season under his belt. If it was half that I'd be happy but for 21mil he seems shit just like Downing is shot for 20mils and Carroll is shit for 35mil, and if he is to fill the void being left by Suarez then I would be a bit concerned. I'm not sure how he will exactly fit into the team, seems like a lanky player whose good at heading and being brazilian has decent feet as the only bonus point. Are we going to be playing hoofball next season or is he going to be an expensive plan B? 21mil notes can be spent in a better way I'm sure, I hope rodgers spends as much on defensive players because we look rather thin on quality in that area.

So is this guy on a wind up?

You've never seen him, have you?

I dont think he has, he's just watched the same youtube vids most of us have.

I've never seen him in the flesh, no. But what I have seen of him he seems decent but thats about it, one decent season under his belt and now his worth 22mil.

Our transfer record with 'lesser known' high transfer fee players does not give me any faith, Rodgers is not immune to buying melons.

You talk like you know what your on about but i think your a bit of an idiot who hasnt got much of a clue....

This confirms it:

We can dream.

I'm starting to get fed up of Suarez. I don't see what he brings to the team on a consistent basis. He is awful as a striker and offers nothing as a focal point in attack. I really wish Rodgers would swap Borini and Suarez's positions and see what Borini can offer in that role, he is useless as a winger, whereas that is really Suarez's best position.

Yep, your full of shit and havent got a fucking clue what your on about,

Edited by jsims

Just finished watching a replay of Atleti and Sporting Cristal, played in Lima a couple of days ago, I think. I picked it up at 25' of the first half and Costa played the whole way.

He played some good passes, showed pace, skill on the ball and tremendous upper body strength. He was definitely a factor out there.