You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But is he more of a central player than a wide player?

Everything I've read points to him being more of a central player than a wide player.

I fear we are lining up a Suarez replacement here.

I don't know. To be fair, if Suarez is determined to go, we have to line up a replacement.

But is he more of a central player than a wide player?

Everything I've read points to him being more of a central player than a wide player.

I fear we are lining up a Suarez replacement here.

I read comments from Costa saying he doesn't like playing centre forward and prefers to drift out wide and get involved in the game.

Aspas' date=' Borini and Sterling will all be around the squad, too. Loads of attacking players.[/quote']

Borini shouldnt be an option at all,he is crap. If somebody was stupid enough to give us a fee for him we would use it to fund Costa or another.

Are we going to do a Newcastle this season?

From what I've read, he played on the right a fair bit last season, cutting in.

However, he also played up front and as a second striker.

So much like Aspas and Suarez...

If we did sign him, the only out and out striker we'd have would be Sturridge.

Although he can also play wide.

We're signing players who can play across the front line rather than in fixed positions - I'm struggling to understand how some of those who claim to be footballing genii haven't noticed this...

This guy is probably going to cause some serious drama if he ends up over here. Does he dive a lot? It just seems like him and Luis on the pitch together could be almost farcical at times, hopefully Rodgers has a word with them both if they play together.

I read comments from Costa saying he doesn't like playing centre forward and prefers to drift out wide and get involved in the game.

To drift out wide from a central position or go inside from a wide position are different things though.

I'm just going by what I've read though, not had Spanish football on TV for a few years now so I would not have a clue about how they play or not.

But that Whoscored. com site is pretty good with playing positions and they have him down as a centre forward and 4-4-2 was Atletico's most used formation last season with 19 games followed by 4-2-3-1 with 14 games.

I assume Costa and Falcao were the forwards in a 4-4-2 and Costa might being slightly behind Falcao in a 4-2-3-1.

To drift out wide from a central position or go inside from a wide position are different things though.

I'm just going by what I've read though, not had Spanish football on TV for a few years now so I would not have a clue about how they play or not.

But that Whoscored. com site is pretty good with playing positions and they have him down as a centre forward and 4-4-2 was Atletico's most used formation last season with 19 games followed by 4-2-3-1 with 14 games.

I assume Costa and Falcao were the forwards in a 4-4-2 and Costa might being slightly behind Falcao in a 4-2-3-1.

He played a few, not many mind, on the right in a 4-3-3 too.

From what I've read, he played on the right a fair bit last season, cutting in.

However, he also played up front and as a second striker.

So much like Aspas and Suarez...

If we did sign him, the only out and out striker we'd have would be Sturridge.

Although he can also play wide.

We're signing players who can play across the front line rather than in fixed positions - I'm struggling to understand how some of those who claim to be footballing genii haven't noticed this...

Borini is an out and out striker even though some of our fans refuse to believe he even exists.

When i saw him (probably 5 or 6 times last season) he started central, off Flacao (though they switched at times too). He did drift wide a little but i never saw him start out there. If Suarez stays i don't see where he really fits unless Coutinho goes wide again.

When i saw him (probably 5 or 6 times last season) he started central, off Flacao (though they switched at times too). He did drift wide a little but i never saw him start out there. If Suarez stays i don't see where he really fits unless Coutinho goes wide again.

Last season Rodgers said he likes strikers that can hold the ball up, knit play back with a slowly advancing midfield, run in behind when the occasion calls for it. Is Costa that man do you think? Suarez certainly isn't and we've adjusted to suit Suarez's strengths. Maybe he's looking to balance things out a bit, looking back to Plan A in light of Suarez leaving sooner or later.

What do you reckon?

Last season Rodgers said he likes strikers that can hold the ball up, knit play back with a slowly advancing midfield, run in behind when the occasion calls for it. Is Costa that man do you think? Suarez certainly isn't and we've adjusted to suit Suarez's strengths. Maybe he's looking to balance things out a bit, looking back to Plan A in light of Suarez leaving sooner or later.

What do you reckon?

From what i recall (and i must stress i only saw Atleti for 9 minutes a handful of times), he is decent at holding it up and brining players into play. He's not a very quick or flashy striker. Would definitely add something different to our mix of forwards but from what I've seen £20m is a bit steep. Hope I'm wrong though, would love him to be great.

Thought i'd post this from a mate who's a season ticket holder at Atletico:

"Un crack!!!!! espero que no se vaya porque habrá mosqueo por aquí, todo lucha, jugador un poco guarrete, de los que te gustan en tu euipo y odias cuando juegan en el equipo contrario. tiene gol y y es muy dificil de marcar.."

Basically.

Quality. I hope he doesn't leave as there'll be trouble with the fans here. He's all fight, a bit of a dirty player, one of those you love on your team but hate if they are on the other team. He can score and is very difficult to mark..."