You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have a mental job who's willing to go all out to win, than Downing, who's all too willing to pass the responsibility to anyone else on the pitch, the shushing shyster.

Yeah I doubt there'd be many who would argue £20m or so was a better outlay on Downing than it would be on this guy.

Gary lineker was saying yesterday that Saldado was to expensive as he was not one of the elite strikers and he's more proven than this lad.

Dickie Mint yesterday: Owners are cunts and spend no money

Dickie MInt today: Owners are spending too much on players

Smile a bit man, we are looking to improve the squad with a good young attacking Brazilian.

According to this he was their 11th best performer last season, at least going by ratings.

Atletico Madrid Football Statistics | WhoScored.com

Diego Costa Football Statistics | WhoScored.com

He got 10 goals and 7 assists though so I'm sure there is a good player in there even if I've never seen him or at least cant remember seeing him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

In 31 appearances' date=' playing from the wing. In all comps he scored 20 in 44 appearances.[/quote']

Yep. Even then, 10 and 7 is pretty good from wide from 24 starts. 20 and 12 from 34 starts over all is pretty solid.

He looks and behaves like Gyp Rosetti. Probably fair to assume we won't win any UEFA Fair Play awards if he signs for us.

121021-ep31-gyp-450.jpg

Looks a seriously good footballer though. Set up plenty for Falcao last year, too.

[YOUTUBE]zjBs7M5rduw[/YOUTUBE]

In 31 appearances, playing from the wing. In all comps he scored 20 in 44 appearances.

He scored 2 goals in the Europa League, that means he must have scored 8 goals in the domestic cups, I'm a bit suspicious of those numbers as it means 8 goals in 8 games.

And without sounding like a smartarse since I've not really seen him play, I question him playing on the wing or out wide as people claim.

Whoscored have him down as a central forward or central attacking midfielder, that also adds better up with the other players who got games for Atletico last season.

Work Permits for Footballers - what are the options? | Full Contact

Alternative Routes?

(1) Purchase and Loan

This model has been used by the likes of Arsenal when purchasing Carlos Vela and Wellington Silva. Essentially, the club is able to purchase a player and register him, making him a paid player of the club. The club then loan the player to a club in an EU country with less stringent immigration laws. Once the player is on loan, it is hoped he will develop into a national player thus satisfying the criterion of the traditional route above (or become qualified under (2) below).

(2) Dual Citizenship and Family Connections

It is always important to investigate whether a player can actually obtain EU/UK citizenship via family connections. It is amazing how many Brazilians, for example, do not realise that due to family connections they can obtain Portuguese nationality. Once they have that, they have freedom within the EU.

If the player’s spouse is an EU Citizen who is planning to come to the United Kingdom to work this may give the player the right to accompany them to the United Kingdom and work.

(3) High Net Worth Players

This is a more novel, and certainly less common model which only a few clubs are aware of. If an individual has more than £1million to ‘invest’ in the UK he can obtain entry clearance for an initial period of at least 3 years. Applicants may rely on their own money as well as money that they own jointly with their spouse or partner or even on money owned by their spouse or partner outright. Further permission to remain in the United Kingdom can be granted after the initial period and this route can ultimately lead to settlement.

When Thiago and the new Xabi's buyout clauses were met by Bayern and Real as they were hostile bids ie the clubs didn't want to sell it was reported they had to pay Vat on the buyout clauses.

Anyone know if that was true and will this be the case for this one.

In Spain the players hav to buy themselves out of the contract. If LFC outs money in Cosas bank account VAT and taxes will be added.

So its probably more realistic that we agree a fee with AM

Disciplinary issues aside, everything I've read about this lad seems positive and promising. He's tough and skillful - a rare combination these days. As for being worth the money, I don't think the words money and worth really relate to football anymore. We'd certainly not be paying for past performance in his case but rather on what he'd bring to the squad - a little bit more passion on the pitch and physical presence.

Now if do get him, and by some miracle get Bernard, too, then we'd field a team that can compete for more than just 4th place.