You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool offer to take Diego Costa 1 reviews John Jack

John Jack reveals the interest 'red' by the Brazilian striker. Costa appreciates the opportunity to go to the Premier, while sales materialize, Atletico would tackle box for the signing of Capua, the coveted midfielder.

There is a quiet day at Atletico Madrid. After the bizarre story in goal with the signing of Roberto and selling operation in a dark Pizzi clarified in part by Benfica, Atletico has a cracking right now on the table: sell or not to Diego Costa.

To our knowledge, the Brazilian striker has a firm offer from Liverpool to leave the Vicente Calderon and play at 'Anfield Road'. The news was discussed during the day on Wednesday at the camp in Peru while Euroamericana Cup dispute. The mattress is maturing footballer interesting proposal of the 'reds', which could pay their clause of 25 million euros or negotiate with Atletico.

Diego Costa has become one of the major reference Atletico after his outstanding season. With the farewell of Falcao to Monaco, international carioca had emerged as the team's offensive leader with the signings of David Villa and Leo Baptistão, who with Adrian providing quality and goals amounted to successfully tackle the challenge of Champions, League and Cup

Simeone has not ruled on this possible departure with the club in need of income, would box. It is the first proposal with Diego Costa, as Wenger's Arsenal in the Manzanares said long before him. The next few hours can be crucial and Brazilian striker must make a decision that would facilitate the arrival of a midfielder, Atletico need has long wanted to cover (Etienne Capua, of Toulouse).

Yes, I did. When the story was broke tonight a Spanish based journalist said he's a good player but the price is mad and he probably wouldn't be in the tsarting 11 if everyone was fit.

Why would I make that up?

You hate Liverpool. The city, the players, the stadium, the fans, the owners, even the tea lady.

You're just consumed by your hatred.

Agreed Kev - its strange.

Plus the fact that you thought you read we had cut 500k a week off the wage bill when the article clearly states we had not. So I firmly believe you think you read that he would not be in the starting 11 but am very unsure that is what you actually read.

Haha. I think 21.8m seems a bit much but hopefully he's class. Gonna be interesting to see who gets left out if him' date=' Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez are all here and fit. Don't think we are strong enough defensively in midfield to play all 4.[/quote']

That's a good problem to have. All too often last year when we needed something in a game, the bench just made you feel it would make the team worse.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Andy West ‏@andywest01 25 Jun

Higuain will do very well for Arsenal. Quality finisher, not quite world class but one of the best of the rest.

Andy West ‏@andywest01 25 Jun

Higuain will do very well for Arsenal. Quality finisher, not quite world class but one of the best of the rest.

What's the point in that? He gave an opinion on Higuain when everyone thought he was going to Arsenal? I agree with him that Higuian is class but maybe not world class.

I've never seen Bernard play so don't know if he's better.

That's a good problem to have. All too often last year when we needed something in a game, the bench just made you feel it would make the team worse.

Spot on. Also, both Suarez and especially Coutinho have shown a willingness to get stuck in tracking back. Coutinho was very good last year winning possession high up the field in both the tackle and interception.

Spot on. Also' date=' both Suarez and especially Coutinho have shown a willingness to get stuck in tracking back. Coutinho was very good last year winning possession high up the field in both the tackle and interception.[/quote']

Indeed. All out best performances last season were when we were good at that side of the game - it was something I expected us to be good at as we tried to do it under Kenny too and I knew Rodgers was a fan of it, but all too often we just dropped when we lost the ball.

I do sometimes wonder if we're still getting past that's how we did it for so many years under houllier and rafa. Our 2 leaders were carra and gerrard, it must be almost instinctive for them when we lose the ball just to retreat and those around them would just follow