You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Usher - Making an arse of himself

Kevin D

Some excellent work on this thread.

You've got it all wrong though. ESPN is international recognition, it's like Stevie playing for England or Suarez with Uruguay. It's not like I've got my agent trying to get me a move to rawk.

Not yet anyway.

It are disgusting that ESPN are going along with this experiment of hiring an untested, rent -a-quote Bullshitter like Usher. They could have hired Tony Barrett who won the Dairylea North West Journo of the year in March 2012 (on penalties) and that are have being much more important in attracting more readers and a better quality of poster than running a forum.

• Upvote 1

Writing team insider, Stu Monty, has today come out to state that Dave Usher is "one of the best I've written for during my time as a blagging scrawler of re-hashed gags" and that he should be looking to give TLW one more year to really hit the big time and show some loyalty.

He said: "If I know him, and I do, then he'll be away with his ESPN crew but thinking about how he can come back here and lift TLW to that level; with as little effort as humanly possible. He's grown to love this place and despite his dabble with The Everton Way a few years ago there's nothing to suggest he can't be part of a bright new future on TLW".

When asked about comments reported in the Maghull Observer during the time away from the fanzine during the summer the scandal was dismissed out of hand - "Look, those quotes were taken out of context, all he said was that he respects Dunk's business model, not that he wanted a move over to join him. People say that's bullshit because he's actually giving people actual books to actually read but for me, that's just looking into it too deeply".