You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

those above are seeing them more & more as Aston Villa.

WaltonRed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article is wank, utter Bascombe scaremongering wank in a period of inertia during the transfer window.

Suarez to Spurs?

Ronaldo to United?

What about Suarez to Newcastle? Or Everton? Twat.

Spurs have the same dilemma as us, in that selling Bale gives out a bad image of a club unable to keep its top talent because they're not in the CL.

I still think Madrid might buy both Bale and Suarez, and that Modric might be sold to raise funds, not Ronaldo. They've bought two midfielders this Summer already and also added Isco to the team. Suarez's destination to move to Madrid will only grow if they buy Bale.

Madrid aren't going to sell Ronaldo, they're building something massive, it's a showpiece squad and they want him around for at least a season to see what can be achieved.

I'm not sure what Bascombes problem is, perhaps the City backroom staff we got in recognise he's a gobshite and won't tell him anything and so he's creating mischief.

No news is bad news for the tabloids.

Our signings this summer have been fitting of Aston Villa too. Wouldn't have surprised me in the least if any of those players signed for a club like them.

Like that Couthino lad. £8,000,000? He looks shite. No other top clubs wanted him so it's obvious he was going to be crap.

The article is wank, utter Bascombe scaremongering wank

"Liverpool have become the target of Europe’s wealthiest pilferers"- Torres to Chelsea, Masch to Barca , Alonso to Madrid, a £40m bid from Arsenal for Suarez.

I don't think you follow us that closely Funnneeee................

Like that Couthino lad. £8,000,000? He looks shite. No other top clubs wanted him so it's obvious he was going to be crap.

Yeah you'll get a few Benteke's when you shop like a pauper, you'll get more then enough Angel's as well.

My point is, we're not going to push on and challenge for the top four without genuine talent for the here and now brought in.

"Liverpool have become the target of Europe’s wealthiest pilferers"- Torres to Chelsea, Masch to Barca , Alonso to Madrid, a £40m bid from Arsenal for Suarez.

RVP to Man Utd, Nasri to Man City, Fabregas to Barcelona...

So it's a moving target. The pilferers haven't really singled us out and I don't see Arsenal falling into the bracket of 'wealthy pilferer', seeing as how they haven't actually bought anyone for more than £16M. Ever.

RVP to Man Utd, Nasri to Man City, Fabregas to Barcelona...

So it's a moving target. The pilferers haven't really singled us out and I don't see Arsenal falling into the bracket of 'wealthy pilferer', seeing as how they haven't actually bought anyone for more than £16M. Ever.

Has anyone suggested that we are being singled out? It is just that we are now prey rather than predator.

Arsenal's gross income, matchday income, and wage bill are all higher than ours, by any definition they meet the criteria of wealthy pilferer.

Ronaldo to Madrid

Fabregas to Barca

Modric to Madrid

Van Persie to United

Song to Barca

Same clubs popping up over and over. The problem isn't us. Even if we were in the CL we'd still have lost all of those players you listed, I even think Torres just wanted to go London.

It's one thing for a player to want to 'play' in the CL, but often that actually means they'd like a shot at winning it. And only three or four clubs can offer that chance every year due to the grossly unfair nature of it all.

Bascombe lumping Arsenal in with Barca and Madrid as 'Europes wealthiest pilfer ers' just illustrates what a clutz he is, and what a buffoon you are for believing it.

Has anyone suggested that we are being singled out? It is just that we are now prey rather than predator.

Arsenal's gross income, matchday income, and wage bill are all higher than ours, by any definition they meet the criteria of wealthy pilferer.

The idea that we have 'become a target', would suggest to me that we have been specially selected, or, singled out. Regardless of their income, (I'm not familiar with their wage bill) Arsenal have become prey. So it's not just us. I see Arsenal not as a wealthy club that steals (pilfers) players away from other clubs in the same way that Chelsea or Man City have done and will continue to do.

Bascombe lumping Arsenal in with Barca and Madrid as 'Europes wealthiest pilfer ers' just illustrates what a clutz he is, and what a buffoon you are for believing it.

First law of holes funnneee, when you are in one, stop digging.

2013 Forbes’ list of the Richest Football Clubs

1. Real Madrid – 3,300 Million USD

2. Manchester United – 3,165 Million USD

3. FC Barcelona – 2,600 Million USD

4. FC Arsenal London – 1,326 Million USD

Read more at Top 20 Richest Football Clubs | Football News, Transfer Updates, Previews, Highlights and Full Matches, Live Streaming

How many years since Arsenal won anything?

And I think they sold their best and brightest players even since moving to the Emirates.

They're in a perpetual battle for 3rd or 4th, and have no chance of winning the CL this year, next year, or for the next ten years.

They made a £40m bid for Suarez, so what. They had to fight tooth and nail to stop us 'pilfering' Walcott off them only 6 months ago.

First law of holes funnneee, when you are in one, stop digging.

2013 Forbes’ list of the Richest Football Clubs

1. Real Madrid – 3,300 Million USD

2. Manchester United – 3,165 Million USD

3. FC Barcelona – 2,600 Million USD

4. FC Arsenal London – 1,326 Million USD

Read more at Top 20 Richest Football Clubs*|*Football News, Transfer Updates, Previews, Highlights and Full Matches, Live Streaming

Which in itself is utterly misleading because ManCity, PSG and Monaco have crashed the party, and Chelsea too. And I suppose Bayern are lesser mortals than Arsenal?

It seems Arsenal can afford £40,000,001 but not £50,000,000 for top targets also. Fuck off, we spent £35,000,000 on a player and we've not won the league in 23 years.

And Napoli, fucking Napoli, beat Arsenal to their main target after they had their best player 'pilfered' by a richer club, again a club not in your Forbes list.

Schools in you patronising tit.

How many years since Arsenal won anything?

And I think they sold their best and brightest players even since moving to the Emirates.

They're in a perpetual battle for 3rd or 4th, and have no chance of winning the CL this year, next year, or for the next ten years.

They made a £40m bid for Suarez, so what. They had to fight tooth and nail to stop us 'pilfering' Walcott off them only 6 months ago.

Your claim was that Arsenal were not rich pilferers in their bid for Suarez- you were wrong.

Wealth alone does not buy success, but it helps, and buys a better class of misery.

What Arsenal have won recently does not define how wealthy they are. They are wealthy, and realtively successful (CL qulaification, the modern footballing holy grail). Domestically Chelsea , Man City and Man U, in Europe barca and Madrid, are all richer still which has no small bearing on why they have won so little.

I must have missed this epic battle to stop us pilfering Walcott.............or it didn't happen.

Which in itself is utterly misleading because ManCity, PSG and Monaco have crashed the party, and Chelsea too. And I suppose Bayern are lesser mortals than Arsenal?

It seems Arsenal can afford £40,000,001 but not £50,000,000 for top targets also. Fuck off, we spent £35,000,000 on a player and we've not won the league in 23 years.

And Napoli, fucking Napoli, beat Arsenal to their main target after they had their best player 'pilfered' by a richer club, again a club not in your Forbes list.

Schools in you patronising tit.

You claimed that Arsenal were not rich pilferers- you were wrong.

That Arsenal are the fourth richest club in the world is not misleading, it is fact.

Top 20 Football Clubs - Football Money League 2012 | Deloitte UK

I am enjoying this:P

Seems pretty sensationalist really, maybe he's just a bit wound up that he doesn't really have a sure idea of what's going on as we go into the last month of the window? It also bugs me because a lot of our younger players really do look good now and people seem to ignore it to various degrees. As much as we like experience to mix in, Arsenal, despite what we currently loathe about them, have proved that doing this properly can still get you into the top 4 with a minimal amount of experienced players.

I don't get why things look so bad to so many of our fans if you look at it that way, because our younger players have gained more experience and many of them look like they're ready to step up and take more responsibility this season, so things could still turn out well. Experienced players and quality younger players are kind of like yin and yang, if the younger players truly are good enough they'll prove it (and so many of ours can this season that I think it's pointless to list them.) It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom when it comes to transfers with a squad that has the potential that ours has.

That's without even mentioning the Aston Villa comparison, it almost seems like a trolling attempt. Or just pure sensationalism.

Even the "What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?" comment by Henry is something that helps. What other owners in this league would come out with something like that online? Probably not many as they're too up their own arses in several cases and would see it as not being mature or diplomatic enough when it comes to relations with other clubs. It's almost like a comment you'd be more likely to see around here than from other club owners, and I think it helps some of us realise that we're not simply going to get the piss taken out of us with that transfer, whenever it happens.

There's no way I'd champion the owners, but maybe many of us are still a bit too paranoid because of the last idiots we had. (and in some cases it's probably natural.) They're clearly not as passionate about the club as some of us would be if we had their type of money at our disposal, but it doesn't make them the cunts that the previous owners were.