You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watches

Elmyn Noos

• 3 months later...

Men of the General Forum. Suggestions for a nice watch for day to day use please. Never really been a wearer of watches but I've just dropped £25 p/m off my phone bill and this is how I've decided to treat myself.

Preferably something durable so I don't have to constantly worry about the thing banging on stuff. Find me a properly nice one for a good price and I will rep you two or maybe even three times. No set budget in mind but seeing as it's gonna be for everyday use I don't really see myself going over £100.

What do you all wear?

Men of the General Forum. Suggestions for a nice watch for day to day use please. Never really been a wearer of watches but I've just dropped £25 p/m off my phone bill and this is how I've decided to treat myself.

Preferably something durable so I don't have to constantly worry about the thing banging on stuff. Find me a properly nice one for a good price and I will rep you two or maybe even three times. No set budget in mind but seeing as it's gonna be for everyday use I don't really see myself going over £100.

What do you all wear?

I liked a few on here: https://twistedtime.com/mens-watches?dir=asc&order=price

G-shock watches are obviously very durable but I personally think they look hideous: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=g-shock+mens+watch&sprefix=g-shock%2Caps%2C139&crid=2QYLY7XQMTPQ4

• Upvote 1

£100 budget?

Timex, Swatch or Seiko.

• Upvote 1

Think about what type of strap you want, if you want chronographs, what colour you'd like

I've got skinny wrists so I'm not looking for anything with metal links. I like the look of the mesh straps and this kind of watch in particular.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0007X9F7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504779093&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=skagen+mens+watch&dpPl=1&dpID=41w02t-2ZFL&ref=plSrch

People on here say I've got no fashion sense and in this case I'd reluctantly agree. So I need to ask, is that watch too 'smart' looking for day to day?

I've got skinny wrists so I'm not looking for anything with metal links. I like the look of the mesh straps and this kind of watch in particular.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0007X9F7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504779093&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=skagen+mens+watch&dpPl=1&dpID=41w02t-2ZFL&ref=plSrch

People on here say I've got no fashion sense and in this case I'd reluctantly agree. So I need to ask, is that watch too 'smart' looking for day to day?

What do you wear day to day?

I'm not keen on chunky watches or anything that's too fussy, so I wouldn't have any qualms about wearing a 'dress' watch with, say, t-shirt and jeans.

What do you all wear?

Pay me the £25 per month, and you can just ring me when you want to know the time.

• Upvote 4

I love a Skagen mate, nice classy watches. Don't know much about fashion either but if you are buying a nice watch wear it
  • Upvote 1

I love a Skagen mate, nice classy watches. Don't know much about fashion either but if you are buying a nice watch wear it

This one is nice.

https://www.fruugo.co.uk/skagen-skagen-men039s-grenen-watch-t233xltmn/p-7177221-15863040?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlJjGgbmT1gIV6p3tCh2-SwH1EAQYCCABEgLg8PD_BwE

As is that Timex one Tony posted further up.

• Upvote 2

Wenger make decent watches. Swiss as well. For a shade over £100 you can get some nice gear that's built to last. Mine's lasted about eight years and only needed two batteries in that time. Tough as nails and far better built that any Seiko I've owned. Worth the extra £20-30, deffo.

https://www.wenger.ch/global/en/Products/Watches/Men%27s-Watches/c/WEN-WAT-him

• Upvote 1

I bought a jarg Rolex Daytona a few years back in Thailand for £20 and it's still going strong. The thing that makes me laugh is that so many young lads have looked at it and oohing and aaring said how they're saving up for one themselves.

Just buy a fake one for god's sake.

Each to their own, but I've never understand the point of wearing fake watches, clothes, etc. I'd much rather just buy genuine but less expensive brands.