You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watches

Elmyn Noos

I've actually gone for this because I can get it for £60. I would rather have a 'proper' watch make but I'll see what it feels like then get rid if I don't like it. As I say, it's only for everyday wear, something light on the wrist and something that I won't be gutted about if it gets bust.

FSFS4812_1.jpg

I didn't know Stringers made watches?

• 2 weeks later...

Sent that fossil back, felt quite cheap and the Roman numerals pissed me off. Not a lot of good everyday affordable watches out there to be honest, Seiko have a good rep but all the designs are either bland or mad. I might have a stab at that timex Waterbury.

Sent that fossil back, felt quite cheap and the Roman numerals pissed me off. Not a lot of good everyday affordable watches out there to be honest, Seiko have a good rep but all the designs are either bland or mad. I might have a stab at that timex Waterbury.

Have you considered a wooden watch? They are very light, perhaps not your style though...

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered a wooden watch? They are very light, perhaps not your style though...

Nah mate wouldn't be averse though. The problem is there aren't many actual decent watch shops around where you can try things on, tends to be the usual suspects in every city centre selling the same type of stock at the same price.

Anyone into G Shocks? Been wanting to get a 'classic' one for a while as they're easier to wear with sleeves and don't look quite as mental. 

Torn between the original classic one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-G-Shock-Mens-Watch-DW-5600E-1VER/dp/B000GY74R2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493194755&sr=8-1&keywords=square+g+shock

and the updated solar/atomic time one on sale at Argos. 

I prefer the simplicity of the first one but it annoys me that it's so dear, they're about £25 in the USA! 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally settled on this as my new 'everyday' effort. Timex New England. Had it about a week and it's ace, nice and light and well made. 40 notes so not worried about losing/scratching it.

IMG_20170316_112402.jpg

I can see where they got the idea for the design.

A835B878-E2A8-42E3-97F6-F8486730CC77_zps