You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watches

Elmyn Noos

Anybody had any experience of Swiss Watches Direct?

http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/

I'm looking to go a bit mad and splash out on an Omega Seamaster. These guys are quoting around 20% less than the high-street dealers - are they legit?

I bought a Tag Aquaracer from these a few weeks ago mate. Had no problem at all. Said it would come within 10-15 working days, arrived a couple of days sooner via Royal Mail Special delivery with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty and all receipts, papers etc. Was kept updated by email too and given a phone number to ring with any concerns. 

I bought a Tag Aquaracer from these a few weeks ago mate. Had no problem at all. Said it would come within 10-15 working days, arrived a couple of days sooner via Royal Mail Special delivery with a 2 year manufacturer's warranty and all receipts, papers etc. Was kept updated by email too and given a phone number to ring with any concerns.

I used the Watch Gallery for mine. Brilliant service, watch arrived in 2 days. Got it on interest free - felt daft to do anything else.

f91w-1_large.jpg

Im not quoting myself for a big up but I got a real fancy one at Xmas it never fitted despite 3 goes so it went back, When i did have it on and i was with customers filling out paperwork I could barely remember the day sometimes let alone the date despite having several and more hundred quids worth of watch, It could tell me the time in 100m of water like that is going to happen. £30 quid Casio wins for me every time.

• 2 weeks later...

The figure is very rare mate mint condition original box certificate of Authenticity, The Lego car i got is worth 70 pounds, As for the Watch im so confused by it i cant find any instruction to the genuine watch which if you look at is very much the same

So you swapped an item worth £600 for a fake watch and a car made out of Lego? And you're very happy

I have some magic beans if you're interested

Shit like this is why I miss Simon.

My wife bought me one of these for Christmas after my Casio F-91W finally gave up the ghost after 18 or so years of service (without even changing the battery). She knows i am not into big flashy watches and I have thin wrists, so anything with a big face looks ridiculous. I love this one though.

Tissot-Mens-TIST0194301603101-Heritage-V

• Upvote 1

My wife bought me one of these for Christmas after my Casio F-91W finally gave up the ghost after 18 or so years of service (without even changing the battery). She knows i am not into big flashy watches and I have thin wrists, so anything with a big face looks ridiculous. I love this one though.

Tissot-Mens-TIST0194301603101-Heritage-V

RiS knows.

I have the same watch.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm selling one of my watches - It's a late 60s Rolex ref 1601 in stainless steel and in great condition. Keeps amazing time (just +2 secs per day)
Only selling because I don't wear it any more. 
It was last serviced a few years ago (2012) and comes with box, no papers.
It's had a few polishes over its life and has a later, more modern 1970s style bracelet rather than the original folded bracelet. 
Dial (white - excellent condition), hands and bezel (white gold, perfect condition) and dial all been replaced with new parts over the years, probably some time late 90s.

Before I stick it online, I thought I'd see if anybody I know might be interested.

Looking for just £1,800 for quick sale. 

Ta

movement.jpg

watch.jpg

watch-2.jpg

Can't put pics in as I'm a computer mong but if I had the wedge Panerai by far the sexiest of all the Luxury watch brands for me..

http://www.panerai.com/en/home.html?&mid=2300vc712891&mkwid=sxBSIrZKP_dm&pcrid=70877225197&kword=panerai&match=e&plid=&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6uO-BRDbzujwtuzAzfkBEiQAAnhJ0Gf-Dv0mXKTLnoOALyiD8yOz5h59ItCWCtJ_THy5syAaAoeu8P8HAQ

Richard Mille are obviously the top brand but never appealed to me, look too much like a G-Shock.

Can't put pics in as I'm a computer mong but if I had the wedge Panerai by far the sexiest of all the Luxury watch brands for me..

http://www.panerai.com/en/home.html?&mid=2300vc712891&mkwid=sxBSIrZKP_dm&pcrid=70877225197&kword=panerai&match=e&plid=&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6uO-BRDbzujwtuzAzfkBEiQAAnhJ0Gf-Dv0mXKTLnoOALyiD8yOz5h59ItCWCtJ_THy5syAaAoeu8P8HAQ

Richard Mille are obviously the top brand but never appealed to me, look too much like a G-Shock.

Nah, panerai are just fashion watches mate. Mostly bang average ETA movements that you can buy for $99 and packaged in a nice looking watch. 

Not for me. 

A proper watch maker makes their own movements, Rolex, Patek, Hublot, Omega, Audmars Piquet etc. 

I'd buy an old vintage Panerai from the 50s though, when they had Rolex movements. Them fellas are worth a fortune now. 

Nah, panerai are just fashion watches mate. Mostly bang average ETA movements that you can buy for $99 and packaged in a nice looking watch.

Not for me.

A proper watch maker makes their own movements, Rolex, Patek, Hublot, Omega, Audmars Piquet etc.

I'd buy an old vintage Panerai from the 50s though, when they had Rolex movements. Them fellas are worth a fortune now.

I did say sexiest, I'm not a spotter as to know the ins and outs of the mechanism/movements etc.

As I said Richard Mille are the most expensive and seem to have by far the most technical movements but they look shit!

What about IWC? Would probably be my second choice? I like the more Military looking ones.