You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thailand v Liverpool (11.40am)

Batigol

good post mate,this is what we need a lot more positivity ! cant wait for the season to start and get behind those who do decide they do want to wear a red shirt

Thanks. It's a pleasure. I'm not always so positive - and it is partly, of course, the child like joy of being at a game after 5 years in exile - but we did play well, and on the back of playing well over the past few weeks.

Pre-seasons are usually painful affairs where you spend half the game bored and the other half telling yourself that getting beat 'doesn't matter' because it doesn't really count. For me, it always matters and it always counts. Which is great as you then get to enjoy the meaningless victories as well.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fucking sick of the constant camera angle changes and replays of pointless shit whilst the balls in play, what the fuck is going on over there.

Think the cameramen were looking for lady boys to sell to the arse....

seriously tho', the camera work was the worst i have ever seen.

Thanks. It's a pleasure. I'm not always so positive - and it is partly, of course, the child like joy of being at a game after 5 years in exile - but we did play well, and on the back of playing well over the past few weeks.

Pre-seasons are usually painful affairs where you spend half the game bored and the other half telling yourself that getting beat 'doesn't matter' because it doesn't really count. For me, it always matters and it always counts. Which is great as you then get to enjoy the meaningless victories as well.

spot on.i agree with you,i want us to win every game at whatever level

Probably looks that way but I'm equally appalled by a few other posters too. I'd love us to do really well this season for the more obvious reasons but an added bonus would be to rub your face in it.

How would you be able ro rub ny face if we did well?

How would you be able ro rub ny face if we did well?

I imagine he'd catch a flight to Norway having packed baby oil, scented candles, his Barry White's Greatest Hits CD, and a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

We beat a whole country on our own ,what's not to like?

In fairness it's good to see us getting wins in pre season,makes a nice change. Hopefully now in the next two games we play most of the minutes with our strongest 11 before the real stuff kicks off.

Can never understand,when in the previous years we've played these game's, only to begin the season with a starting 11 who haven't played together all summer.

I think Aspas will prove to be better than he showed today. I don't think he is really a Garcia type, even though it appeared that way today. He is more a Bellamy type for me, only with more of a goal threat.

Bellamy style of play with Garcia moments of being as equally frustrating as brilliant would be my early summary

and I was a huge fan of both Garcia and Bellamy so that'll do for me!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like the way 'poo' is spelled out behind their heads, though. It seems they're as good at making signs as they are at operating TV Cameras at sporting events.

I think Aspas will prove to be better than he showed today. I don't think he is really a Garcia type, even though it appeared that way today. He is more a Bellamy type for me, only with more of a goal threat.

The first time I saw him jogging away from the camera, I thought I was watching Ian StJohn again. If he shows a quarter of the Saints talent he do me.