You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Celtic tell fans to stop 'moshing'

Red Phoenix

And none of that Jackie Chan bollocks?

I was at Celtic Park in 2000 odds when they won the title for the first time in 10 years, and the atmosphere was excellent. The party afterwards was fucking crazy. I woke up at 8 in the morning the day after to go for a slash and the mad cunts were still at it, full pelt too.

if thats right rob then im embarassed for them. utter dicks. wasn't sung in the group though

Celtic boast the most vile following in British football, but moshing is the least of their sins.

Nice summary.

Having been to both OF grounds on several occasions, I would be happy if 'moshing' was the most serious problems Celtic have.

I've been at countless Hearts Celtic games and seen the whole Celtic end chanting pro-IRA stuff. Oooh Aaah up the 'Ra. The whole end. It's quite easy to get a distorted perspective on these fans because in certain circumstances all you get is the noise and the passion. It must be great to only have testimonial matches and the odd title-clincher as points of reference. If that were the case I'd probably lap them up too. I was at Anfield for the UEFA cup tie in 2003 and totally get where that view comes from. That wouldn't be the full picture, though.

And the lazy reaction to that is always that old chestnut about the opposition fans with their union jacks provoking them, ah, yeh, both sides just as bad, blah blah fukn blah. But they're not. As far as Tynecastle is concerned they're just not. You get the odd flag and that's it. The Celtic fans love that, though, in their eyes that token gesture is all that's needed to justify airing their full repertoire. Which they do, twice a season. Without fail.

Oh and with the Cliftonville game the green brigade were also letting off fireworks inside the ground. Freaked a lot people out, you know, fellow supporters in the other stands needing to dive for cover, shit like that.

I've been at countless Hearts Celtic games and seen the whole Celtic end chanting pro-IRA stuff. Oooh Aaah up the 'Ra. The whole end. It's quite easy to get a distorted perspective on these fans because in certain circumstances all you get is the noise and the passion. It must be great to only have testimonial matches and the odd title-clincher as points of reference. If that were the case I'd probably lap them up too. I was at Anfield for the UEFA cup tie in 2003 and totally get where that view comes from. That wouldn't be the full picture, though.

And the lazy reaction to that is always that old chestnut about the opposition fans with their union jacks provoking them, ah, yeh, both sides just as bad, blah blah fukn blah. But they're not. As far as Tynecastle is concerned they're just not. You get the odd flag and that's it. The Celtic fans love that, though, in their eyes that token gesture is all that's needed to justify airing their full repertoire. Which they do, twice a season. Without fail.

Oh and with the Cliftonville game the green brigade were also letting off fireworks inside the ground. Freaked a lot people out, you know, fellow supporters in the other stands needing to dive for cover, shit like that.

Pretty sure the song you are referring too, they sing 'ooh ah samaras' these days but yeah i've been there when ira songs have been sung before and I hate that.

I'm not saying celtic are whiter than white at all, far from it and fireworks are dangerous at a footy match. Most of the green brigade are just young neds who go the match completely off their faces.

A few posters above though generalised and to say Celtic's fans are the worst is fucking ridiculous.

I'd much rather have fans that sing a few unsavoury somgs than fans who go round smashing the place up or fighting 'football factory' style in the street with other 'firms' like dickheads.

With you a 100% Bjornebye, there's far worse out there. I was at the Hawthorns in 2003 for that 6-0 game that relegated them and it was fukn horrible outside. That chant came in the midst of a medley of other Republican joys they were trotting out that night but, yeh, they do use it for Samaras too.

With you a 100% Bjornebye, there's far worse out there. I was at the Hawthorns in 2003 for that 6-0 game that relegated them and it was fukn horrible outside. That chant came in the midst of a medley of other Republican joys they were trotting out that night but, yeh, they do use it for Samaras too.

the hawthorns?

This is all a bit daft lads. All fans have their idiots, we have plenty of our own. I remember after the 7/7 bombings, some clubs like Hull and other mostly Northern teams engaging in songs about the bombings. I also remember going to Old Trafford in the 70s and 80s, when some of our fans were doing the plane gestures (contrary to what some of our fans might say, this didn't start after Hillsborough).

I've met loads of Rangers and Celtic fans down the years and I've liked most of them. Maybe some of these same Rangers fans were at games singing about atrocities of Catholics/Irish, while some of those Celtic fans were singing of atrocities of British soldiers/Loyalists but I doubt it. I'd also wager a bet that the Celtic/Rangers fans that engage in such chanting, aren't too different to the Mancs who sing about Hillsborough or our fans that do the helicopter. One word scumbags and you find them in every village, town and city around the world lads.

Celtic and Rangers are always going to produce political support to Britain or independence. Their history is drenched in it and so are the fans. For years and years Celtic fans sang about the IRA. So what? The IRA are a representation of a fight for independence from Britain that most of the Celtic fans want, I bet my life there's not a soul inside Celtic Park that isn't going to vote for independence.

About 30% of their support inside the stadium comes from Northern Ireland. Who most likely if they're 40 years old or older, have been in the IRA, known someone in the IRA, known someone killed by a soldier representing Britain and in turn known someone who has killed a British soldier. Or if they are under 40, their daddy is over 40 and probably been talking this crap to them since they were old enough to listen.

But its the same with Rangers fans, In Scotland and Northern Ireland they have radical loyalist support to Britain who constantly sang and danced about being up to their neck in Fenian blood ( Which is a relation to the Battle of the Boyne, A war which a dutch king called William defeated king James in Ireland to eradicate any chance of Catholic Monarchy in England, then they massacred a rake of Catholic (fenians) too. One of many genocides in Ireland by the British state.

My point is, dont complain about the IRA songs if your going to sing about a massacre by a British army on Irish people. Its retarded.

But still, A bit of crowd disturbance amongst your own fans which is clearly just boisterous behaviour. Isnt half as bad as destroying Manchester. So you cant really drag that balls out just because your sectarian.

At the game in Belfast, probably 80% of the ground was Celtic Supporters - the Cliftonville Support was mostly in the stand behind the goal. There were IRA songs sung throughout, perfectly audible on the BBC Scotland coverage - though bizarrely muffled on BBC NI coverage.

In itself singing a song is fairly harmless - and a lot of folk could do well to get on with life - but promoting a terrorist organisation in any way is pretty poor form.

For years and years Celtic fans sang about the IRA. So what? The IRA are a representation of a fight for independence from Britain that most of the Celtic fans want...

Rather weird when you consider that the PIRA killed more Roman Catholics than the State or Other Terrorists in Northern Ireland ever did - combined.

During the troubles, alot of Roman Catholics in Northern Ireland deserved to die for treason.

But still, your figures are bullshit too.

Combined the Loyalist British terrorists organisations killed 609 Irish Catholics and that's excluding the British army who can add a further 258. The IRA killed 338.

Wikipedia isnt hard to look at mate. Dont just listen to your da

During the troubles, alot of Roman Catholics in Northern Ireland deserved to die for treason.

But still, your figures are bullshit too.

Combined the Loyalist British terrorists organisations killed 609 Irish Catholics and that's excluding the British army who can add a further 258. The IRA killed 338.

Wikipedia isnt hard to look at mate. Dont just listen to your da

ffs you 2, get a life ... this forum is for football . go somewhere else... hell is an option...