You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Underrated Albums

Bjornebye

No it's not another Oasis thread but fuck me, 'Be Here Now' is such an underrated album. If any other band brought this out people would be wanking over it.

The 2 albums before it were that good that people expected better I guess but it got slagged off when it shouldn't.

Cast 'All Change' is another. An absolutely brilliant 90's album that didn't get much acclaim because the music scene was too polluted

oasis---be-here-now.jpg

cast-all%20change_1288610293.jpg

• Upvote 2

Bjornebye do yourself a favour and go and listen to anything by Shack. They are totally underrated, from Liverpool and you will love them. Here is a song from an album called Michael Head & The Strands - The Magical World Of The Strands but it is a Shack album really

[YOUTUBE]tFnrs1YLrQs[/YOUTUBE]

'Kamikaze' by Twista. He had a hit single with 'Slow Jamz' alongside Kanye West and Jamie Foxx, but Kanye West seemed to get all the plaudits for his album 'The College Dropout' (which is indeed superb, as is the follow-up album 'Late Registration') and Twista was pushed into the background. It's gangsta rap without the over-emphasis on guns and hos, helped somewhat be the fact that Twista could rap at 2 million rpm, and it has some fantastic sampling, such as that of Bill Withers' 'Lovely Day' on the track 'Sunshine' which features Anthony Hamilton on guest vocals.

220px-Moseley_Shoals.jpg

This.

Col, if it wasn't possible for me to respect every thing about you any more... you've just gone and done it.

This is basically the soundtrack to my last year of high school, and in that sense - one of the most memorable years of my life. Absolutely sensational piece of work.

Don't entirely agree it underrated however - in 1998 it was rated the 33rd greatest album of all time (by Q magazine), and obviously that will have changed over the years, but its still highly regarded by people that aren't utter bellpipe's anyway.

Fucking love that album

This.

Col, if it wasn't possible for me to respect every thing about you any more... you've just gone and done it.

This is basically the soundtrack to my last year of high school, and in that sense - one of the most memorable years of my life. Absolutely sensational piece of work.

Don't entirely agree it underrated however - in 1998 it was rated the 33rd greatest album of all time (by Q magazine), and obviously that will have changed over the years, but its still highly regarded by people that aren't utter bellpipe's anyway.

Fucking love that album

Corker of an album by a great band.