You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Underrated Albums

Bjornebye

This.

Col, if it wasn't possible for me to respect every thing about you any more... you've just gone and done it.

This is basically the soundtrack to my last year of high school, and in that sense - one of the most memorable years of my life. Absolutely sensational piece of work.

Don't entirely agree it underrated however - in 1998 it was rated the 33rd greatest album of all time (by Q magazine), and obviously that will have changed over the years, but its still highly regarded by people that aren't utter bellpipe's anyway.

Fucking love that album

Guess I'm looking at it now rather than back then. At the time it was incredible and brings back so many wicked memories.

It just seems it's cool now to slate OCS and claim everything they ever did was shit and naff.

This.

Col, if it wasn't possible for me to respect every thing about you any more... you've just gone and done it.

This is basically the soundtrack to my last year of high school, and in that sense - one of the most memorable years of my life. Absolutely sensational piece of work.

Don't entirely agree it underrated however - in 1998 it was rated the 33rd greatest album of all time (by Q magazine), and obviously that will have changed over the years, but its still highly regarded by people that aren't utter bellpipe's anyway.

Fucking love that album

My interest is aroused. Sadly I'll need to wait til I finish work to give those tracks a go

Listening to this alot at the moment. Brilliant.

[YouTube]IDe167D5xQ0[/YouTube]

That is indeed a superb album. I don't know if it can be classed as underrated because when it came out, it seemed to be in everyone's list of best albums that year. If anything, their follow-up 'The Understanding' was underrated.

Jimmy Eat World's Futures album is defo underrated imo. Just a killer rock album, heavy on guitars from start to finish.

I'd also offer Soundgarden's Down On The Upside too.

This record really disappointed me (for a long time) after I'd bought it, but it is most definitely a grower with some of their best songs. Tighter and Tighter probs my favourite from the album.

Another killer (unheard of) record is Unknown Hinson's Live Undead album. One of the best live albums I've ever heard with some phenomenal guitar work.

And one of the most underrated metal albums (from an underrated metal band) is Cleansing by Prong. Dry as and salty as sin.

Repped Rushie for Royksopp and Sugar Ape for Seahorses. Fucking loved that Seahorses album.

I've mentioned Blind Melon on another thread, and "No Rain" was a massive track but nobody ever mentions the album really. Work of art.

[YOUTUBE]Yn1WbBaWTdc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SBmA705ULjc[/YOUTUBE]

Scorpio Rising from the early 90's should have been a lot bigger than they were. Liverpool band, some of you on here might even have heard of them. Pig Symphony was a fucking great album. Can't even find it on YouTube its that obscure, just this one track off an EP. Maybe I should upload some.

[YOUTUBE]zEvKpkGPXU4[/YOUTUBE]

Mate I like the shack

No mate, you like the shit music.

Predictably, the usual guitar-based garbage is being thrown up in this thread but if just one person listens to Michael Head Introducing The Strands' The Magical World of the Strands for the first time then it will have all been worthwhile.

No mate, you like the shit music.

Predictably, the usual guitar-based garbage is being thrown up in this thread but if just one person listens to Michael Head Introducing The Strands' The Magical World of the Strands for the first time then it will have all been worthwhile.

It is rare now so I would be made up if anybody heard Waterpistol by Shack myself. Or anything else by them.