You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez - Making an Arse of himself

TLW

Something I didn't put in the article but it popped into my head before.

Arsenal fans giving him shit about being a racist whilst we defended him at every ground in the ground and chanted his name from the rooftops. And yet here he is flirting with them.

"Luis Suarez, you know what you are" indeed.

It's the nature of football supporters the world over, we're fickle. Player X is a $*!!$!, until he's our player.

Moving from club to club to club and coining it in all the while, will the lad ever pause to think about his legacy ? It's a short career, retired and loved by no fucker.

At least Michael Owen has his horse to cuddle up to.

Does Suarez have a Guinea Pig ?

He has a piece of Bakkal and Ivanovic

I am still of the opinion if a player wants to leave that much then get what you can, outside the prem if they are still playing well and hope the door hits them on the arse on the way out.

I would prefer him to stay and to want to stay but it doesn't look good.

Spot on Dave

I said after Torres i'd never love again but then Luis made me.

I'm saying now never again but I know down the line I will because its what we do, we adore our heroes.

I don't blame him for wanting out, we're going nowhere fast but using Arsenal is just a smack in the face

I was much more upset when torres went, for starters he had acted like a golden boy and you got the impression that he got Liverpool. Also when he was here he was a striker that could score from one chance in any game and was fit to play for any club, I knew there was no chance we could get someone of his quality to replace him.

With Suarez, his finishing is not world class so we could get a better striker or could improve with adding another top striker along with sturridge.In the number 10 role I feel coutinho is more creative and has the potential to be better then luis.

With the fee suarez should go for and the money we should already have we should go in to next season with a stonger team without suarez.

• Downvote 1

Stopped myself from loving Suarez after what happened with Torres.

An undeniably fantastic footballer; one of the best on the planet, but when all's said and done he's a twat.

However, I absolutely fucking LOVE Coutinho. I'm blatantly setting myself up for another fall here, aren't I?

My cousin, who Dave may know, was until recently a referee, although usually ran the line in the premier league, and a couple of seasons ago he said to me that 99% of players were cunts who don't give a fuck. In particular he mentioned Torres who I thought was ace at the time. I no longer give a fuck about Suarez, or any of the others. Millionaire playboys the lof of them. We should stop spending our hard earned on them or at the very least treating them like gods.

Unless we start buying players for now, not the future, everytime we have a great player like Suarez they'll leave while we wait for the future great players to develop.

We need to build for the future but buying players who will make an immediate impact are even more important.

And it looks like Arsenal, who our owners want us to be like, have finally realised they need top class players now and are doing it by going for Suarez.

Coutinho will be next summers will he wont he saga, you can see it now

Was thinking that too. It's got to the point that every time one of our players starts doing really well I'm wondering how long they're going to be here. I guess it's almost always going to be the case unless we can get CL football again.

However, I absolutely fucking LOVE Coutinho. I'm blatantly setting myself up for another fall here, aren't I?

Probably. I've got really attached to seeing Agger in defence, and for all we know he could be off before the window closes. It's not at the level that I liked Torres, but I think he's great and it'd suck to see him go. It definitely helps not to have that attachment in the first place and just appreciate what they're doing while we have them with us I suppose.

For all we know we could be watching El Clasico next season with Luis and Agger on either side. (I think Real are bluffing a bit with Luis, and if they don't get Bale they need someone to fill the gap Higuain has left behind. Have read rumours about Agger and Barca too, although they might just be a load of crap.) Football is a mental sport.

Was thinking that too. It's got to the point that every time one of our players starts doing really well I'm wondering how long they're going to be here. I guess it's almost always going to be the case unless we can get CL football again.

Even with CL football, there's no guarantee you'll hold onto your best players when Barca, RM or Utd come calling (see Arsenal for all three instances). We need a better system for holding onto our best players now and into the future. I fully agree that we need our most talented kids to come through as it may be one way of getting (and keeping) those players who want to play for the shirt first and foremost.

Even with CL football, there's no guarantee you'll hold onto your best players when Barca, RM or Utd come calling (see Arsenal for all three instances). We need a better system for holding onto our best players now and into the future. I fully agree that we need our most talented kids to come through as it may be one way of getting (and keeping) those players who want to play for the shirt first and foremost.

Even in better days we've had top players want to leave for new challenges - i.e. Keegan, Rush.

It's not necessarily a bad thing when you are doing well and have the luxury of being able to attract quality replacements. If we get back to that level we should be well pleased.

Going on your Arsenal example, when they sold Overmars and Petit it worked out fine for them. But a few years later when they were in a worse off position, losing Fabregas or Van Persie was a bigger blow to achieving anything.

I also think Liverpool is still a good name, we pay decent wages and players will want to come here if we target the right ones. We have to get it right and get back into the Champions League though before the margin for error becomes even smaller.

Two thoughts on this:

Firstly, the issue for me is not Suarez leaving or where he might go; it's the fact that we are being made to look like his bitch in public. So far, it's only media talk that's having that effect, but if we let him force a move we'll basically be saying a player is bigger than LFC.

We need to say publicly he's staying for next season even if we get an offer of £100m. We're going all out for CL qualification, he's got a big new contract and is crucial for our aspirations. We should take a leaf out Spurs' book and dig our heels in. Next summer, depending on how we do, either sell for top dollar or give him a new deal.

Second of all, post-Carra, they're all cunts. Never once did I "love" Suarez. I loved his football and his attitude to the game but there was no projecting of my own feelings about the club onto him simply because he's a great player who loves his football.

Sad as it is, it's just a fact of modern football: there is no loyalty whatsoever. It's all about money and ego for this lot and precious little else - not even trophies.

Real may well be willing to pay that, but if we agree to sell to Arsenal for £45m they know what they have to pay. Real rarely bid first or early, they wait but usually get their man.

Amazes me how players are so attracted to Real. We've won more European Cups than them in the last 50 years. Talk about living on past glory.

You do see the irony in that last sentence don't you?

Real may well be willing to pay that, but if we agree to sell to Arsenal for £45m they know what they have to pay. Real rarely bid first or early, they wait but usually get their man.

Amazes me how players are so attracted to Real. We've won more European Cups than them in the last 50 years. Talk about living on past glory.

Not so sure about Arsenal 'usually' getting their man. Maybe in the past they did, but not of late. They lost out on Higuain after their 23M bid was rejected. RM raised the price, Arse wouldn't stump up the extra 10M - but Napoli did. Not saying that they won't come up to our valuation of Suarez, but they've got no recent transfer history of paying more than £16M for a player. Suarez going to Arsenal still doesn't make sense, no matter how this picture is painted.

Not so sure about Arsenal 'usually' getting their man. Maybe in the past they did, but not of late. They lost out on Higuain after their 23M bid was rejected. RM raised the price, Arse wouldn't stump up the extra 10M - but Napoli did. Not saying that they won't come up to our valuation of Suarez, but they've got no recent transfer history of paying more than £16M for a player. Suarez going to Arsenal still doesn't make sense, no matter how this picture is painted.

He meant Real.