You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez - Making an Arse of himself

TLW

I dont believe this real smoking theory for one second. It may make me the odd one out but the talk coming out of real is not of suarez.

And if that is real's ploy, expect a bid of about £25m plus a few mill add ons or a real madrid 'B' player to make up the £25m. Why should they bid any more than £25m if we are so desparate for him not to go to arse?

I dont agree its better to get just £25m or even £30m from Real instead of £50m - £55m from arse.

El sulk didnt make them stronger. With suarez' history, I'll wager he'll likely get another lengthy ban in his first two season with them. And the £50m+ will allow us to re build.

We will both be concerned that we agree with each other on the above.

But will £50m allow us to rebuild? Will Rodgers outwit Man u, Pellegrini, Wenger,Mourinho and AVB in the transfer market?

Thanks for that' date=' Xerxes.

I am 100% sure that he won't go/doesn't want to go to Arsenal. We just need Madrid to put us out of our misery and bid PROPERLY.

However, I am bitterly disappointed by his behaviour in Melbourne, I have to say. It's put a whole new slant on how I view him, it really has.

I'm a battered wife, Stringy, I admit it.[/quote']

At least you've admitted it to yourself mate it's the first step to recovery. It's those in denial I feel for.

Souness ""For me he should stay at Liverpool and be a company man".

Strange comment from a man who was captain of the European Champions and Treble winners when he jumped ship to a mid-table Italian club that had never won a major trophy.

I would hardly call it jumping ship if a 31 year old moved club after winning everything there is to win at a club bar the FA Cup.

There's still a few battered wives on here I see.

Poor analogy. Battered wives take the path of least resistance. They accept their fate. They just fall tiredly into the routine expected of then and their expected place in the scheme of things.

I don't give a shit about his sulking. So what, he'll pout for a month? Who cares? As long as he does what he does on the pitch I don't care. And despite reports to the contrary, for a player just back from a break he did ok in Melbourne. So he sulked off it? So what? That doesn't mean I love him, or believe the way he's acted is right. It just means I have an eye on the bigger picture and the very real problems taking the path of least resistance brings.

Far from being a battered wife I want the club to show some backbone and say no. He's got no play here. None. I'd rather that than slink into mid-table purgatory without a fight.

Mkhitaryan has already shown us how difficult it's going to be for us to attract the players we need. Becoming a feeder club for the Premiership isn't going to get it done.

Still, if you want to take the path of least resistance, accept your fate, fall tiredly into the routine expected of you and your expected place in the scheme of things, then as always, that's your choice....

Guest San Don
We will both be concerned that we agree with each other on the above.

Er.........

But will £50m allow us to rebuild? Will Rodgers outwit Man u, Pellegrini, Wenger,Mourinho and AVB in the transfer market?

He's got new scouts and this transfer 'committee' alongside him now. If we cant spend £50m wisely this time, we really are fucked.

Clearly we still cant outspend those clubs regularly and not having CL football is a handicap. So why dont we just chuck it all in and not bother?

When the going gets tough and all that.

i loved Torres, i only like Suarez. Fuck him if its true he wants to talk to arsenal.

Same really, although if he moves I'm not even going to waste my energy being angry about it. No matter how honest someone seems, after the way Torres left it just doesn't really register any more, I just like them as footballers and hope they stay for a while.

The owners should maybe try (if they care enough) to help the club spend on bigger signings who have experience occasionally instead of investing in younger players so much. The idea of investing in younger players is almost perfect, but it needs to be balanced out by sometimes paying for experience.

Didn't FSG want to follow the Arsenal model too? If so they should now be well aware of how they seem to have decided that experience is also needed, and that sometimes you have to pay well for it. Would our owners put 40mil on the table for someone who's 27 soon? They need to have a decent think about this, because a team of good younger players often isn't enough to win things, like Arsenal have showed us over the recent years.

The irony of Luis ending up there if FSG are still trying to emulate the (now abandoned) Arsenal model is hard to put into words.

Poor analogy. Battered wives take the path of least resistance. They accept their fate. They just fall tiredly into the routine expected of then and their expected place in the scheme of things.

I don't give a shit about his sulking. So what' date=' he'll pout for a month? Who cares? As long as he does what he does on the pitch I don't care. And despite reports to the contrary, for a player just back from a break he did ok in Melbourne. So he sulked off it? So what? That doesn't mean I love him, or believe the way he's acted is right. It just means I have an eye on the bigger picture and the very real problems taking the path of least resistance brings.

Far from being a battered wife I want the club to show some backbone and say no. He's got no play here. None. I'd rather that than slink into mid-table purgatory without a fight.

Mkhitaryan has already shown us how difficult it's going to be for us to attract the players we need. Becoming a feeder club for the Premiership isn't going to get it done.

Still, if you want to take the path of least resistance, accept your fate, fall tiredly into the routine expected of you and your expected place in the scheme of things, then as always, that's your choice....[/quote']

Not at all. Battered wives know that he is disruptive and damaging, but they just can't pluck up the courage to kick him out - they're more scared of facing up to life without him. So they convince themselves once again that he loves them and him staying would be for the best despite all the evidence to the contrary.

You're putting your faith in chance that Suarez might actually start behaving like a mature adult and a professional. 'I know he hurt me but if you don't arrest him he won't hurt me any more. I just know it. Despite all the evidence to show he's a wrong'un'.

Er, I've never thought he loved me. So why would I think it now? What a bizarre accusation.

I'm pretty sure he'll sulk. I'm also beleive he'll do his job while he's here. A cursory glance of the highlights from Melbourne, and Dave Usher's very balanced assessment of his performance shows that to be more likely than not.

I just want to put together a strong as team as possible and challenge for a top four spot, and cups. If that means getting tough and showing the type of backbone that United, City, and Spurs have done in the past, then so be it. And none of them did too badly out of it.

Absolutely spot on as always. I'd be absolutely disgusted with him if he left for any other English club and to be honest I'd be equally disgusted by the club if they ever let that happen again with one of our best players.

Actually I can't say that I am, I'm clearly not thrilled at the idea of him joining a rival simply because it damages our prospects. However expecting foreign players with no obvious allegiance to the club e.g. a local homegrown player, who has been with us a little over two years to swear to an act of loyalty beyond his time with us is simply unrealistic.

I'm probably just immune to the whims of modern footballers, I don't expect loyalty.

As for Suarez motives I would imagine he views us a stepping stone, same for Arsenal if they're not challenging in 18 months.

In my experience, football is sometimes like teaching, or the health professions. When the workers say it's business, management says its a vocation. When the workers say its a vocation, management says it's a business.

He's given it all to us when he's on the pitch - that's the loyalty he's shown us. In the meantime, it's a business.

I certainly agree with Dave about selling him abroad for a lower price rather than letting him go to Arsenal. We would have no chance of overhauling them if we did. Utd, Citeh and the Chavs are nailed on for the top 3 for me . If we can work this out then I am sure Suarez , Madrid and possibly Bayern can too. The noises from Spain are that Madrid have ruled him out but so what. I still believe Luis is trying to flush out Madrid and pushing to get the path cleared to join Arsenal in the expectation Madrid or possible Bayern will come in with a low bid at the death which Liverpool will accept to get him out of the PL. He will have to risk that doesn't happen and end up at the Emirates but he has basically burnt his bridges with Liverpool now and has to leave even if it is to the Arse. It could well drag on for a while yet with the whole summer window completely fucked up .

I used to believe that he would give 100% even though he wanted out but watching that the other day I am now thinking the opposite.

I can't tell you why for sure I think this or even why I am disappointed in the way he acted after the second goal but it just seemed off to me. I don't know what is going on with the Arsenal/Madrid thing but I can't help thinking the worse case scenario is what's going to play out.

The thing about Modric and Ronaldo (the twat one) is they had assurances and knew they would be at Madrid the next season' date=' With Suarez Madrid are keeping quiet and saying nothing, I think that makes a big difference.[/quote']

I think he might be a complete arse unfortunately. He does have history for this, when Groningen turned down an offer from Ajax, he was straight to arbitration and lost.

He's a brilliant footballer but he's always come across as a bit of twat.

Something I didn't put in the article but it popped into my head before.

Arsenal fans giving him shit about being a racist whilst we defended him at every ground in the ground and chanted his name from the rooftops. And yet here he is flirting with them.

"Luis Suarez, you know what you are" indeed.

Something I didn't put in the article but it popped into my head before.

Arsenal fans giving him shit about being a racist whilst we defended him at every ground in the ground and chanted his name from the rooftops. And yet here he is flirting with them.

"Luis Suarez, you know what you are" indeed.

Piers Morgan tweets sum it up.

He was calling him a racist etc via twitter. Now he is desperate to sign him.