You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't think his wages will be a stumbling block. We'll just do a deal for around £3-£4m or so which will cover part of his wages as any buying club won't be willing to pay him more than £50k a week I reckon. Can't see us getting more than £4m for him.

Edit: oh and I thought he was ace. Met him after a game once and he was a lovely fella, took time out to have a chat even though it was during the Woy era when everyone and their dog wanted to commit suicide.

Twas true that for a time the Spaniard they call el Pepe was decent and worthy. Let no man forget that he didst bravely and magnificently spoke out against the evil that even now shall not be uttered. But twas it not also true that he did thence shart terribly on his cloth of honour by sending word (most lykeyly across the Channel by means of some french spy vessel) about his cowardly intent of leaving the divine brotherhood of Lyver of Pool? It is for these and other crimes against the Realm he was thenceforce  knownst as Pepe the Betrayer. Also it is true he didst knowingly and without sufference willingly and by his own foul machievellian like mind, refuse to deny association or future endeavours with the most Evyl of evils Los Diablos Rojas? ? And didst he not also write and freely distribute a letter provenst to be from his own hand and seal, in which he didst praise the pope of spain (who doth stand atop of mountain of sugar whilst his people starfve) and claim to be forever in his debt and a willing servant in any further foul campaigns in fairest Naples? Faeced with such compelling treasonous evidence the sentence is clear. Banishment and exile. Let him watch from the wasteland of Lone. Such wil be his fate and let his eyes weep with the tears of Brother Owen to see us rise like a magnificent Bird Of Lyver upon this the Lord's blessed day Ayprl thrice, 2 thousand and 14.

Superb.

What about him wanting to join Arsenal ? Are people allowed have a go at him for that ? I mean Suarez took shite, but put his head down and won people over, Reina's form just nose dived.

I don't see the difference. Their form isn't a relevant factor for me. None of the moves happened and it's in the past.

Then he writes an elaborate exit letter to the fans when he's only going on loan, sticking the knife in, raving about how Rafa's better than Brendan and how he'll be much happier now, probably thinking we'll finish 7th and Napoli will win the league. He's continually said all season that he's happy to stay there, it's only recently that he's started to be more ambiguous with it, " We'll see" coincidentally just around the time we find ourselves climbing higher and higher up the table. Fuck him, he's made his bed in Naples and he can lie in it. 

That is between Brendan and him. It happens all the time in football and I don't really care about those kind of personal conflicts. Most people would understand why he was bitter about being shown to the door after eight years at the club (even though he might have deserved it).

• Upvote 1

Pepe Reina : "Rafa Benitez who i consider to be the best manager i've worked with."

anigif_enhanced-5926-1391751230-1.gif

Benitez is a better manager than Rodgers.

or

Benitez is the best manager I've worked with.

You can either spin that in the most positive sense or do as you're doing and go for the paranoid bile.

• Upvote 1

The Arguing About Former Managers Forum

If you want to waste time arguing about Rafa Benitez, Kenny Dalglish or even Don Welsh, do it in here and let the rest of us get on with discussing the present and future instead of point scoring about the past.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/forum/96-the-arguing-about-former-managers-forum/