You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Valdes quotes were hardly an "i'm not budging" statement though were they?

I want to stay until 2014, but I am open to discuss things with the club. I think that the club have enough time to find a good successor.

Many still expected Barca to shift him on while they could still get a fee and replace with Reina for a lesser amount.

The first sentence of that bleacher report (WTF!?) says valdes 'expects to stay.'

You expect LFC to work on the premise of a web article that isnt even certain!?

I picked the oldest one there. He said he was staying before the end of the la liga season. Three weeks before we signed another keeper.

Even Rodgers said that he got in mignolet because of the financial situation with riena.

Web artical? Valses clearly stated that he wanted to stay until 2014. Hardly fucking rumours.

He also said he was staying and it was just for competition. Salt pinch.

Yeah Brendan likes a good bullshit.

However the timelines support what he said. They wanted a cheaper option in goal. Nothing to do with Barca as valdes was clearly staying until 2014.

Guest San Don
I picked the oldest one there. He said he was staying before the end of the la liga season. Three weeks before we signed another keeper.

Being one of the oldest means it wasnt up to date. Think about it!

Even Rodgers said that he got in mignolet because of the financial situation with riena.

No, he said he got mignolet because the issue (reina leaving the club) had come up several months before so he had to do something to address it.

He recently said the decision to let reina go on loan was because the club couldnt afford to have a 100k+ a week player on the bench. The same thing he said about carroll.

Web artical? Valses clearly stated that he wanted to stay until 2014. Hardly fucking rumours.

You pointed to the article. Once that's been shown to be unreliable, you're now turning to the player's quotes. That'll be the same player who said he wanted to leave, would it? That player's quotes?

You're as unconvincing as valdes is.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yeah Brendan likes a good bullshit.

Yeah, he could have been honest and driven down his price. I prefer he plays the media, like Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger and many others. Still, feel free to put the boot in where you can.

However the timelines support what he said. They wanted a cheaper option in goal. Nothing to do with Barca as valdes was clearly staying until 2014.

At £9m, it'll take several years for him to be a cheaper option.

Being one of the oldest means it wasnt up to date. Think about it!

No' date=' he said he got mignolet because the issue (reina leaving the club) had come up several months before so he had to do something to address it.

He recently said the decision to let reina go on loan was because the club couldnt afford to have a 100k+ a week player on the bench. The same thing he said about carroll.

You pointed to the article. Once that's been shown to be unreliable, you're now turning to the player's quotes. That'll be the same player who said he wanted to leave, would it? That player's quotes?

You're as unconvincing as valdes is.[/quote']

Fuck me this is hard.

The web article had bloody quotes. Hence my pointing to it. The argument against it was stupid.

Where does Rodgers claim that riena was leaving? That it was the issue? He says riena going was a financial decision. Then that he wouldn't leave a top keeper go otherwise. And that the issue ( clearly he is talking about what he had just said, the financial issues) came up a few months before and he had to get another keeper to cover for it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Valdes staying or going doesn't mean that Reina couldn't join Barca (or another club). Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me this is hard.

The web article had bloody quotes. Hence my pointing to it. The argument against it was stupid.

Where does Rodgers claim that riena was leaving? That it was the issue? He says riena going was a financial decision. Then that he wouldn't leave a top keeper go otherwise. And that the issue ( clearly he is talking about what he had just said' date=' the financial issues) came up a few months before and he had to get another keeper to cover for it.[/quote']

That's the fuckup lad. Brendan clearly wants rid of riena. I would think its because he was and is a big fan of Rafa and was probably seen as a throw back to previous times. Agger and skirted have both been up for sale also since Rodgers came here. Rodgers is doing what fergie claims he did and is getting rid of what he sees as disruptive influences. These players are clear reminders.of how well the clubs was doing before. They threaten Rodgers.

Now if Rodgers turns out to be a great manager people will look back an say it was brilliant by him. However it could all go GS circa 1992 on us also.

Rodgers says Reina is not for sale and people get angry and bleat "He's a serial bullshitter!"

Meanhwile, in a parallel universe, Rodgers says "Yeah, we are willing to listen to offers for Reina" and the same people cry "His price will immediately drop now that clubs know we are looking to sell! Fucking Rodgers!"

Football eh?

Rodgers says Reina is not for sale and people get angry and bleat "He's a serial bullshitter!"

Meanhwile, in a parallel universe, Rodgers says "Yeah, we are willing to listen to offers for Reina" and the same people cry "His price will immediately drop now that clubs know we are looking to sell! Fucking Rodgers!"

Football eh?

Who are these people?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Who are these people?

The Andy Carroll saga was full of people saying exactly that. If I could be arsed, which I can't, I'd find the thread and see if anybody was saying that who is now saying the opposite.

So' date=' Rodgers wants to get rid of the good players Rafa bought because they undermine him?[/quote']

It not unusual. It's classic Maureen, who is Brendan's mentor. Fergie dumped some great players when he came in. So did Pepe at Barca. Fergie has set it up for Gollum with Rooney, only for Gollum to fuck it all up.

Ged did it with Ince. Rafa with Danny Murphy.

So' date=' Rodgers wants to get rid of the good players Rafa bought because they undermine him?[/quote']

A strange theory.

Pepe has not been at his best for a few years now, his wife is about to give birth to another child, and he has been here for several years now with few honours won. In short, his race is probably run now here. that is no adverse reflection on him, or Rodgers.

No club can afford £110k a week players outside of the CL for any length of time.

Some bad idiots on here.

Im the one the loves a conspiracy but you dudes are full of them, just to sum up for people who dont want to read pages of of mong dribble, heres the jist, so long as it lets FSG or Rogers off the hook you will dream up any scenario. I get the point. Fuck any inconvenient things that might get in the way of that.

Reina wanted to go to Barca so he's gone on loan to Napoli so at the end of the season he can join Atletico.

Cant be arsed arguing with people who will argue black is white. People arguing this is a good deal need their heads putting in a vice until they admit Rogers/FSG fucked up.

Its like trying to tell Rashid Joaquin was shit.

To be continued if and when Reina tells his version.

At the end of the day, truth will out, results will out, lets see what happens.

A strange theory.

Pepe has not been at his best for a few years now' date=' his wife is about to give birth to another child, and he has been here for several years now with few honours won. In short, his race is probably run now here. that is no adverse reflection on him, or Rodgers.

No club can afford £110k a week players outside of the CL for any length of time.[/quote']

What have the club done to get reina back to his best? He has the same GK coach since Roy.

Why can't Rodgers get more from reina? Is it a case that if Rodgers fails to get world class players to play to world class levels, we get rid of that player? Skrtel had a bad season under Rodgers after playing most of the games at a high level the season before and the season we came second. Guess what, Rodgers drops him and looks to get rid. Hmmm.

Xerxes, we will be paying some of Reina's wages at Napoli but nooone knows how much and the 110k figure we don't know if that is accurate. Reports say 80k in 2010 when he signed an extension. It's a bit like Aqualani was said to be on insert huge numbers.

People keep going on about our great end to the season I assume Reina wasn't in goal then. I wonder how much playing time Downing and Borini will get this season, should we loan them out. If we buy another defender should we loan out Skrtel.

Edited by TheHitman