You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's a good job De Laurenitis at Napoli doesn't have a wage cap in place where even Edinson Cavani was only earning €1.8m a season.

Because if they did people probably wouldn't believe that they were even going to pay half of Pepe's wages never mind all, as that would still be comfortably more than anyone else in the squad.

For a goalkeeper on loan?

Guest San Don
The manager obviously feels Mignolet is better. Time will tell if he's right.

My opinion is the manager wanted real competition for the keeper position and told reina he wasnt guaranteed first choice any more. Reina decided to seek that assurance elsewhere.

As I said, just my opinion.

We could always have the inferior £60k pre week keeper on the bench or even loan him out.

Reina has lived off reputation for a couple of seasons Frode. Mignolet was Sunderlands player of the year last season. I wouldn't say it is as cut and dried as you and others seem to think it is about Mignolet being inferior. You may be right but you could easily be wrong too, that is the thing nobody knows. What I do know is that the new goalkeeper deserves our support and patience. If Mignolet makes a couple of mistakes early on the last thing we need is a load of I told you so posts.

Even Reina made a few ricks early on in his career here too.

At the end of the day he's just a goal keeper. I'm sure some people are going to be sad to see him go and believe his schpiel about "I never wanted to leave" and whatnot, (like they did with Alonso).

The thing is, he's been playing the field before about leaving and his last season wasn't his best. And as just another goal keeper you're only as good as your last season, especially when your paycheck has as many zeros in it as his does.

Reina has lived off reputation for a couple of seasons Frode. Mignolet was Sunderlands player of the year last season. I wouldn't say it is as cut and dried as you and others seem to think it is about Mignolet being inferior. You may be right but you could easily be wrong too, that is the thing nobody knows. What I do know is that the new goalkeeper deserves our support and patience. If Mignolet makes a couple of mistakes early on the last thing we need is a load of I told you so posts.

Of course he'll get support. People aren't angry/annoyed with Mignolet.

Why wouldnt we wait and hold an auction for Pepe' date=' even if we only get five mil its five mill plus him off the wage books, whay wouldnt we do that?

Why would we get contact by Napoli about buying him and as they claim we turned around and offered him on loan and to pay towards his wages? Even if we planned on offering that, why would we not tell them to wait and do it on the last day, if no one else comes in with a decent bid?

Why wouldnt we do that? What is the issue? Something very fucking weird going on[/quote']

Ignorance certainly ain't delivering any bliss for you Dennis. Another old wives tale debunked. We may have tried it. I certainly think once Rodgers got wind of the fact that the 'potential captain material' wanted away, he knew he was going to have to act quickly, and struck when the opportunity presented itself. The fact that Reina was still here, and the door at the camp nou closed, meant that things would get messy. Rodgers tried a bit of damage limitation PR by saying we now had competition for goalkeeper, whereas anyone with half a brain cell knows that neither goalie would be happy playing second fiddle. Reina had to go, everyone managed to resist his agent's overtures, so the expeditious route was to get him out on loan. Rafa, presumably because he remains in contact with Reina/Tomkins/heaton, was aware of the situation and took him.

Isn't that a little more plausible than the barn pot theories being offered on here?

I can only judge from what I've seen so far John and I've never been impressed with Mignolet and when it comes to Reina I think he has got way too much criticism based on a few costly mistakes over a few seasons.

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows we need rid. Similar to Suarez they can pull our pants down because we have showed everyone our hand.

Rodgers saying getting rid of Pepe due to money is so fucking stupid' date=' other teams must smell blood. We did the same with Insua and Aquilani. Told the world and its mother we wanted rid no matter what.[/quote']

Not great examples to use there.

Not great examples to use there.

Why? In both cases we showed the world we didn't rate them by loaning them out and then were ridden over the price.

How much did Utd get for Sung?

The laugh is that Ayre thinks he is fucking clever through all this.

Currently playing for Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina aren't they?

Just saying' date=' like.[/quote']

And? Perhaps you didn't watch them when they played for us. Maybe the food here didnt agree with them. Though to be fair to Insua, he did give it a jolly good go.

Why? In both cases we showed the world we didn't rate them by loaning them out and then were ridden over the price.

How much did Utd get for Sung?

The laugh is that Ayre thinks he is fucking clever through all this.

Do you have a shared synapse with Ayre? How do you know what he thinks about it?

I liked Aquilani, but it was clear that it wasn't going to work here. The option to not pushing him out on loan was to let him fester in the reserves and still get fuck all for him.

Putting aside all the arguments and the politics I will be sad to see Reina go, he's been a very good keeper for us and I do genuinely think he loves the club, I think he wants a change and maybe has done for a while but good luck to him he's been a good servant for us.

Bollocks Vest. We could have included him if we wanted. We were given Poulsen minutes and Spearing. Either way we have put ourselves in a position were we have had our pants pulled down.

Mr Vest if you don't mind. If you can't get a game ahead of Poulenc or Spearing, you're obviously a bit shit in training and showing nothing. Lets be honest, our pants were pulled down, our cheeks firmly held apart, before being fisted relentlessly when we paid 19 million or whatever it was for him.

Putting aside all the arguments and the politics I will be sad to see Reina go' date=' he's been a very good keeper for us and I do genuinely think he loves the club, I think he wants a change and maybe has done for a while but good luck to him he's been a good servant for us.[/quote']

Agree with this

Ignorance certainly ain't delivering any bliss for you Dennis. Another old wives tale debunked. We may have tried it. I certainly think once Rodgers got wind of the fact that the 'potential captain material' wanted away, he knew he was going to have to act quickly, and struck when the opportunity presented itself. The fact that Reina was still here, and the door at the camp nou closed, meant that things would get messy. Rodgers tried a bit of damage limitation PR by saying we now had competition for goalkeeper, whereas anyone with half a brain cell knows that neither goalie would be happy playing second fiddle. Reina had to go, everyone managed to resist his agent's overtures, so the expeditious route was to get him out on loan. Rafa, presumably because he remains in contact with Reina/Tomkins/heaton, was aware of the situation and took him.

Isn't that a little more plausible than the barn pot theories being offered on here?

No, not really, most of the barn pot theories are being offered up by the mentalists popping out from all corners to defend the calamity.

My shit is based on quotes, reports and the stuff coming out of both camps and not based on my own devised fantasy, which you and others appear to be conducting here.

Napoli said they contacted us about a possible permanent transfer and were surprised as we then turned around and offered him on loan, presumably with the generous terms we offered to pay his a good proportion of his wages.

So you have a problem with your fantasy.

Above that part of your fantasy you have claimed Reina wanted out, again no substance whatsoever for this. There is merit in the idea of Rogers and/Or FSG wanting him out, because Rogers said it was financial. In addition to that you have the backdrop of bizzarre droppings of reina last season, the fact he signed another keeper for £9m of an apparently very tight budget that needs to bicker over wages and loan people out to save relatively small amounts, Rogers stream of lies about 'competition', his promotion of a vastly inferiror keeper last season. Just off the top of me head like, but dont let your wilful blindness to the situation and my 'apparent' ignorance peverade your small minded thinking and analysis of the situation.

No' date=' not really, most of the barn pot theories are being offered up by the mentalists popping out from all corners to defend the calamity.

My shit is based on quotes, reports and the stuff coming out of both camps and not based on my own devised fantasy, which you and others appear to be conducting here.

Napoli said they contacted us about a possible permanent transfer and were surprised as we then turned around and offered him on loan, presumably with the generous terms we offered to pay his a good proportion of his wages.

So you have a problem with your fantasy.

Above that part of your fantasy you have claimed Reina wanted out, again no substance whatsoever for this. There is merit in the idea of Rogers and/Or FSG wanting him out, because Rogers said it was financial. In addition to that you have the backdrop of bizzarre droppings of reina last season, the fact he signed another keeper for £9m of an apparently very tight budget that needs to bicker over wages and loan people out to save relatively small amounts, Rogers stream of lies about 'competition', his promotion of a vastly inferiror keeper last season. Just off the top of me head like, but dont let your wilful blindness to the situation and my 'apparent' ignorance peverade your small minded thinking and analysis of the situation.[/quote']

Dennis, you're sooo literal - you must work in IT.

All managers bullshit. It's PR Dennis. It's damage limitation. It's diplomacy. It's to gain some sort of advantage over the opposition. Some even bullshit their own fans about their own situation.

I think there is substance to Reina wanting out, but I'm not going to search for articles. Your fantasy is the generous terms lfc offered to Napoli. can you be specific? and factual? or have you based all your trust on a speculative report because it chimes with your own opinion?

Maybe ask Dave if there is any truth to my fantasy about Reina wanting out.

Because an auction with only one interested party isn't an auction.

Theres no substance whatsoever to that premise, Napoli are simply the first club that came and enquired about him, that we know of anyway, with 6 weeks to go.

They enquired about a permanent transfer we offered him up on loan and to pay a proportion of his wages.

How many idiots do I have to correct on shit like this?

Do your homework and stop chatting falsehoods and bollocks!

If the above isnt being forced out I dont know what is.

Saved us loads of money this deal! Del Boyesque!

Amazing how when people were saying Reina was shit and were getting stick for it and yet not one club is now willing to buy him.

Er, another mong Napoli were certainly interested in a permanent deal when they initiall contacted us! But why pay for something we offered for free and with extra subsidies???

How long is left of the transfer window? Mignolet has barely been here 6 weeks ergo Reina has been available relatively recently, normally when you hold an auction for something yo dont accept the first offer and then undercut yourself with better terms for the buyer. Thats what actually happend, its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the fucking century!

I might ring up the club shop, ask hiom much a LFC shirt is, you never know they might offer to loan it to me for a year for nothing, and pay towards the cost of washing it!