You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

'Liverpool FC eye£9m Simon Mignolet transfer as Pepe Reina future remains uncertain - Liverpool Echo'

Cheers Code. I know it goes against your bullshit, but to source the Echo saying it was a big step towards reality for you.

Will this happen with every player if we sell Suarez? Surely we should be getting players in now then instead of waiting to see what happens? We'll not be spending more than 25m on one player anyway so might as well sign them while Suarez is still here.

We should have them line up, definitely. There is a big difference between a £9m keeper and having 50m to spend after a sale.

Will this happen with every player if we sell Suarez? Surely we should be getting players in now then instead of waiting to see what happens? We'll not be spending more than 25m on one player anyway so might as well sign them while Suarez is still here.

The fundamental difference between Reina and Suarez is that we obviously see Reina as:

a) Replaceable

b) Not value for money

The fee for Reina (if Barca came in) wouldn't have been much of an issue whereas with Suarez it is because of the type of fee and the fact that he's one of the best players in the world.

When the club is faced with a player who openly seeks a move then they have to get the best deal possible.

'Liverpool FC eye£9m Simon Mignolet transfer as Pepe Reina future remains uncertain - Liverpool Echo'

Cheers Code. I know it goes against your bullshit, but to source the Echo saying it was a big step towards reality for you.

We should have them line up, definitely. There is a big difference between a £9m keeper and having 50m to spend after a sale.

We won't spend 50m on a replacement. Surely FSG could stump up 25m of the 35m tv money they got this summer so we can be proactive and get good starting 11 players in before Suarez leaves.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We won't spend 50m on a replacement. Surely FSG could stump up 25m of the 35m tv money they got this summer so we can be proactive and get good starting 11 players in before Suarez leaves.

We've clearly tried with Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulos. There's time yet. Flipping out now is premature.

Why not wait and see what happens instead of second-guessing something that you don't know anything about? Past evidence points to them paying sizable transfer fees, although the caveat is that high wages aren't likely to be offered.

We should get players before Suarez leaves, though. Like you agree we should've done over Reina.

The clear difference between Suarez and Reina is the fact that we don't want to sell Suarez. The situations just aren't comparable mate.

We saw Reina as replaceable so we pro-actively bought a replacement. Any replacement for Suarez will be seen as a gamble/step back so we're trying to keep him.

It seems fairly simple to me.

The clear difference between Suarez and Reina is the fact that we don't want to sell Suarez. The situations just aren't comparable mate.

We saw Reina as replaceable so we pro-actively bought a replacement. Any replacement for Suarez will be seen as a gamble/step back so we're trying to keep him.

It seems fairly simple to me.

Rodgers has said he wants starting players and an attacking player anyway. No point waitung to see what happens with Reina imo. As NV said about Reina, the price for players are likely to go up if we wait and end up selling Suarez.

Rodgers has said he wants starting players and an attacking player anyway. No point waitung to see what happens with Reina imo. As NV said about Reina, the price for players are likely to go up if we wait and end up selling Suarez.

Surely you can see the difference between £50M and £9M?

You can afford to take a calculated gamble on £9M but not with £50M.

So you think we are going to buy players for £50M?

Haha I believe when I see it.

We're not going to spend 50m on anyone. I doubt spend 25m on one player but the money should be there to do it if Rodgers wants to. I think it makes sense to do it before anything happens with Suarez.

Is this your latest crytic bullshit after you have been pulled for chatting shit AGAIN? God knows the meaning behind this but seeing as you were having a pop at Rodgers a few posts ago let's assume it's about him.

Transfer news: Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes to see out contract at Camp Nou | Barcelona Football News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

Barca goalkeeper chatting shit nothing to do with Rodgers. Could change his mind in January and leave meaning Barca come in for Pepe and Pepe leaves.

03.06.13:

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Reds move for Christian Benteke, Atletico challenge Real for Suarez as Rodgers swoops for Mignolet - Liverpool Echo

No quotes from anyone. Just seems to be added as a link to pad out your story.

06.06.13:

Liverpool FC transfer rumour mill: Andy Carroll close to West Ham, Reds eye Carlos Tevez & Edin Dzeko, Simon Mignolet latest - Liverpool Echo

No quotes again.

13.06.13:

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Rodgers eyes double goalkeeper swoop for Mignolet and Patricio, Reina to exit, Reds eye Chelsea loan deal - Liverpool Echo

No quotes. Starting to wonder what the point of this was.

15.06.13:

Liverpool FC eye £9m Simon Mignolet transfer as Pepe Reina future remains uncertain - Liverpool Echo

No quotes again. Just random statement about Pepe Reina future uncertain.

17.06.13:

Liverpool FC step up pursuit of Simon Mignolet amid doubt over Pepe Reina future - Liverpool Echo

No quotes just putting rumours about Barcelona being about to bid for him.

19.06.13:

Liverpool FC: Can Simon Mignolet fill Pepe Reina’s boots if Barcelona come calling? - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

21.06.13:

Liverpool FC Pepe Reina expects to stay at Anfield - "in principle" - Liverpool Echo

“My situation is clear. I have a three-year contract with Liverpool, although in football you can never tell,” he said.

“Logically, if there was a chance to improve and go to a bigger club it would be a good opportunity"

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Reina and Mignolet deals in doubt, Alberto set for medical, Skrtel snubs Napoli, Mkhitaryan hitch - Liverpool Echo

Pointless padding.

22.06.13:

Liverpool FC to complete £9m Simon Mignolet transfer next week - Liverpool Echo

Pointless padding.

24.06.13:

Simon Mignolet will rival Pepe Reina for Liverpool FC, not replace him - Liverpool Echo

First quotes from Rodgers since the Mignolet signing. This is where you would have told the press you were fucking Reina off meaning the club would have been in an excellent bargaining position and obviously kept Reina in high spirits. Rodgers stupidly kept his cards close to his chest. What a divvy he is for doing that.

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Henderson for sale as Rodgers chases Wanyama, Mkhitaryan deal close, City in for Suarez, Reina welcomes Mignolet competition - Liverpool Echo

No quotes.

25.06.13:

Simon Mignolet set to sign for Liverpool FC today - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

Live: Re-Read our Simon Mignolet web chat with Sunderland expert Mark Douglas - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

Belgium goalkeeper Simon Mignolet signs £10m deal to Liverpool Football Club - Liverpool Echo

Pointless padding. I doubt you have actually read any of these articles.

26.06.13:

Belgium goalkeeper Simon Mignolet signs £10m deal to Liverpool Football Club - Liverpool Echo

You've posted the same article twice.

29.06.13:

Three times.

05.07.13:

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool FC need Simon Mignolet and Pepe Reina - Liverpool Echo

Finally some more quotes from Rodgers. Have you read this one? For such a thick cunt as yourself you could have used some of these for your thick cunt argument. It's Rodgers saying he wants competition because Gulasci left. Some outright lying from him here. What a naughty boy. If only he had told the truth and said he wanted Reina out and then nobody came in for him, not even Napoli. What a really clever manager he would have appeared then.

08.07.13:

Liverpool FC new boy Simon Mignolet happy to accept challenge of displacing Pepe Reina at LFC's number one - Liverpool Echo

Padding. I doubt you've read it.

11.07.13:

New Liverpool FC goalkeeper Simon Mignolet: Let me show what I can do - Liverpool Echo

Padding. I doubt you have read.

19.07.13:

Napoli express Pepe Reina interest as ex Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez looks to be reunited with keeper - Liverpool Echo

No quotes.

Liverpool FC's Pepe Reina to sign for Napoli on season-long loan - Liverpool Echo

No quotes.

21.07.13:

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers: We can't justify Pepe Reina's wages with Simon Mignolet here - Liverpool Echo

Loan is all but confirmed so Rodgers decides it's time to explain why it is happening. Says his wages are too high and the World Cup is next year and Reina needs to guarantee playing.

Pepe Reina Napoli loan deal is Liverpool FC evolution, says Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Echo

This is the same quotes form the above article regurgitated again.

23.07.13:

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers: We can't justify Pepe Reina's wages with Simon Mignolet here - Liverpool Echo

Two days further on you know what the Echo have done? Regurgitated the quotes for a third article. Did you read any of these articles?

24.07.13:

Pepe Reina passes Napoli medical to complete Liverpool FC loan move - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

26.07.13:

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers insists Reina insisted on move - Liverpool Echo

No quotes anywhere to suggest Rodgers said Reina insisted on move. Sensationalist headline. Here's the actual quotes

“As manager I was led to believe we were going to get an offer for Pepe Reina that would probably see him leave the club.

“Obviously, on the football side we had to ensure we protected the team. At that stage we started our search for another goalkeeper and we found Simon Mignolet, who is top class and one of the best goalkeepers in Europe.

“As events transpired, Pepe's move didn't quite happen and that left us with two very good goalkeepers. Both would have been fighting for the No 1 position.

“An opportunity then arose for Pepe that we felt as a football club was probably best for him.

“As a senior keeper he needs to be playing. This is an important year for him this year with the World Cup next summer.

“It wouldn't have served any purpose for either the football club or him personally if he was the one missing out.

27.07.13:

Straight in at no.1! Simon Mignolet already a hit with Liverpool FC fans - Liverpool Echo

Nothing relevant.

29.07.13:

Pepe Reina's message to Liverpool FC fans: "Thank you for everything...I will see you soon" - Liverpool Echo

Pepe telling people his version which pretty much runs with Rodgers version. Pepe would have gone to Barca and Rodgers wasn't waiting round.

You've body bagged your own argument.

We're not going to spend 50m on anyone. I doubt spend 25m on one player but the money should be there to do it if Rodgers wants to. I think it makes sense to do it before anything happens with Suarez.

It makes sense to set the deal up without a doubt and I fully expect that we have done that.

I wouldn't be signing anyone until it's absolutely clear that Suarez is leaving though, it's too risky otherwise, plus i'd rather keep Suarez anyway as he's a bonafide world class player whereas his replacement is an unknown.

As I said earlier, the two situations are just not comparable at all.

Is this your latest crytic bullshit after you have been pulled for chatting shit AGAIN? God knows the meaning behind this but seeing as you were having a pop at Rodgers a few posts ago let's assume it's about him.

Transfer news: Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes to see out contract at Camp Nou | Barcelona Football News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

Barca goalkeeper chatting shit nothing to do with Rodgers. Could change his mind in January and leave meaning Barca come in for Pepe and Pepe leaves.

03.06.13:

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Reds move for Christian Benteke, Atletico challenge Real for Suarez as Rodgers swoops for Mignolet - Liverpool Echo

No quotes from anyone. Just seems to be added as a link to pad out your story.

06.06.13:

Liverpool FC transfer rumour mill: Andy Carroll close to West Ham, Reds eye Carlos Tevez & Edin Dzeko, Simon Mignolet latest - Liverpool Echo

No quotes again.

13.06.13:

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Rodgers eyes double goalkeeper swoop for Mignolet and Patricio, Reina to exit, Reds eye Chelsea loan deal - Liverpool Echo

No quotes. Starting to wonder what the point of this was.

15.06.13:

Liverpool FC eye £9m Simon Mignolet transfer as Pepe Reina future remains uncertain - Liverpool Echo

No quotes again. Just random statement about Pepe Reina future uncertain.

17.06.13:

Liverpool FC step up pursuit of Simon Mignolet amid doubt over Pepe Reina future - Liverpool Echo

No quotes just putting rumours about Barcelona being about to bid for him.

19.06.13:

Liverpool FC: Can Simon Mignolet fill Pepe Reina’s boots if Barcelona come calling? - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

21.06.13:

Liverpool FC Pepe Reina expects to stay at Anfield - "in principle" - Liverpool Echo

“My situation is clear. I have a three-year contract with Liverpool, although in football you can never tell,” he said.

“Logically, if there was a chance to improve and go to a bigger club it would be a good opportunity"

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Reina and Mignolet deals in doubt, Alberto set for medical, Skrtel snubs Napoli, Mkhitaryan hitch - Liverpool Echo

Pointless padding.

22.06.13:

Liverpool FC to complete £9m Simon Mignolet transfer next week - Liverpool Echo

Pointless padding.

24.06.13:

Simon Mignolet will rival Pepe Reina for Liverpool FC, not replace him - Liverpool Echo

First quotes from Rodgers since the Mignolet signing. This is where you would have told the press you were fucking Reina off meaning the club would have been in an excellent bargaining position and obviously kept Reina in high spirits. Rodgers stupidly kept his cards close to his chest. What a divvy he is for doing that.

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Henderson for sale as Rodgers chases Wanyama, Mkhitaryan deal close, City in for Suarez, Reina welcomes Mignolet competition - Liverpool Echo

No quotes.

25.06.13:

Simon Mignolet set to sign for Liverpool FC today - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

Live: Re-Read our Simon Mignolet web chat with Sunderland expert Mark Douglas - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

Pointless padding. I doubt you have actually read any of these articles.

26.06.13:

You've posted the same article twice.

29.06.13:

Three times.

05.07.13:

Brendan Rodgers: Liverpool FC need Simon Mignolet and Pepe Reina - Liverpool Echo

Finally some more quotes from Rodgers. Have you read this one? For such a thick cunt as yourself you could have used some of these for your thick cunt argument. It's Rodgers saying he wants competition because Gulasci left. Some outright lying from him here. What a naughty boy. If only he had told the truth and said he wanted Reina out and then nobody came in for him, not even Napoli. What a really clever manager he would have appeared then.

08.07.13:

Liverpool FC new boy Simon Mignolet happy to accept challenge of displacing Pepe Reina at LFC's number one - Liverpool Echo

Padding. I doubt you've read it.

11.07.13:

New Liverpool FC goalkeeper Simon Mignolet: Let me show what I can do - Liverpool Echo

Padding. I doubt you have read.

19.07.13:

Napoli express Pepe Reina interest as ex Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez looks to be reunited with keeper - Liverpool Echo

No quotes.

Liverpool FC's Pepe Reina to sign for Napoli on season-long loan - Liverpool Echo

No quotes.

21.07.13:

Loan is all but confirmed so Rodgers decides it's time to explain why it is happening. Says his wages are too high and the World Cup is next year and Reina needs to guarantee playing.

Pepe Reina Napoli loan deal is Liverpool FC evolution, says Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool Echo

This is the same quotes form the above article regurgitated again.

23.07.13:

Two days further on you know what the Echo have done? Regurgitated the quotes for a third article. Did you read any of these articles?

24.07.13:

Pepe Reina passes Napoli medical to complete Liverpool FC loan move - Liverpool Echo

Padding.

26.07.13:

Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers insists Reina insisted on move - Liverpool Echo

No quotes anywhere to suggest Rodgers said Reina insisted on move. Sensationalist headline. Here's the actual quotes

“As manager I was led to believe we were going to get an offer for Pepe Reina that would probably see him leave the club.

“Obviously, on the football side we had to ensure we protected the team. At that stage we started our search for another goalkeeper and we found Simon Mignolet, who is top class and one of the best goalkeepers in Europe.

“As events transpired, Pepe's move didn't quite happen and that left us with two very good goalkeepers. Both would have been fighting for the No 1 position.

“An opportunity then arose for Pepe that we felt as a football club was probably best for him.

“As a senior keeper he needs to be playing. This is an important year for him this year with the World Cup next summer.

“It wouldn't have served any purpose for either the football club or him personally if he was the one missing out.

27.07.13:

Straight in at no.1! Simon Mignolet already a hit with Liverpool FC fans - Liverpool Echo

Nothing relevant.

29.07.13:

Pepe Reina's message to Liverpool FC fans: "Thank you for everything...I will see you soon" - Liverpool Echo

Pepe telling people his version which pretty much runs with Rodgers version. Pepe would have gone to Barca and Rodgers wasn't waiting round.

You've body bagged your own argument.

Why does Code love losing so much?

Highlight of the post, he posted the same link 3 times.

It makes sense to set the deal up without a doubt and I fully expect that we have done that.

I wouldn't be signing anyone until it's absolutely clear that Suarez is leaving though, it's too risky otherwise, plus i'd rather keep Suarez anyway as he's a bonafide world class player whereas his replacement is an unknown.

As I said earlier, the two situations are just not comparable at all.

This, is a crock, I think you can determine what is contained within it.

crock.jpg

Rodgers wants an attacking player whether Suarez leaves or not. Why wait?

He clearly wanted Mkhitaryan but we know what happened there. What makes you think the club is waiting? My view is that there are several negotiations ongoing, a view backed up by Rodgers mentioning the scouting department travelling to the Far East to give him an update on the negotiations.

It's not Rodgers job to get deals over the line.

He identifies the deal and then it's up to others to negotiate the deal.