You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FFP

Guest LFD

Is this coming in or not?

PSG and Monaco certainly don't seem worried about it.

We've not had any hint from Blatter, Platini etc that they will get punished.

Do you think anything is going to happen or they can continue to get keep spending?

It's a laughable concept but useful for FSG as a diplomatic tool.

Not just FSG hoping it comes into action. I'm sure Man U, Arsenal, our fans and many other parties hope FFP comes into action.

Do you think anything is going to happen or they can continue to get keep spending?

Have they giving any indication that they won't?

European football is a closed shop, Europe's biggest clubs have been the same (give or take 1 or 2) for 40 years. Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Juve, Bayern, Utd, and Liverpool, upstarts like Monaco, PSG, Malaga and Anzhi are not welcome. Chelsea have done an excellent job of using money to muscle into the top table and the big boys simply won't allow that happen again, no other clubs will be allowed come in and dilute their share of everything.

They would be better starting again and drawing up proper fair and balanced proposals but turkeys don't vote for xmas. Turkey has a 15% tax rate Monaco has a 0% tax rate etc. Lots of countries have different work permit rules then there is different ages for young players and contracts. Then countries like Spain have different rules on how they share the money out. Not too mention the main purpose, it is there to make the rich richer, nothing fair about it.

It is a kopout for American owners like us the Glazers and Kroenke to hide and to try and stop rich owners entering the game, more like a cartel.

We've not had any hint from Blatter' date=' Platini etc that they will get punished.

Do you think anything is going to happen or they can continue to get keep spending?[/quote']

Monaco don't need to worry about FFP until they qualify for Europe. Have psg done some hooky deal where they've just backdated sponsorship so the loses they've made are no longer loses? FFP was always going to be impossible to enforce and it's only hope has always been if the leading clubs of Europe decide to withdraw from completion.

there was always going to be loopholes, the Football League and Conference are always trying to make rules to prevent bankrolled teams signing all the best players in that league with 12 fans paying in each week to support the club and then going bust as soon as the money man gets bored but there is always a way around it

They would be better starting again and drawing up proper fair and balanced proposals

I agree.

I personally think they should do something like the NFL having a wage budget for each side.

Sides can pay as much as they want in transfers but you can still only have so much to spend on wages in your squad.

I agree.

I personally think they should do something like the NFL having a wage budget for each side.

Sides can pay as much as they want in transfers but you can still only have so much to spend on wages in your squad.

This would probably be the best way. But I don't think you can actually put a wage cap on how much a player earns though. I think it's against European law in general to restrict how much a person can earn. Might be wrong though.

This would probably be the best way. But I don't think you can actually put a wage cap on how much a player earns though. I think it's against European law in general to restrict how much a person can earn. Might be wrong though.

That's not putting a wage cap on what I play earns.

Every squad has a budget, if you choose to spend most of that cap on stars, like Messi or Ronaldo, then you'll have to have cheaper players to make up for it.

This way the best players will still earn big money, the poorer players won't. That's the way it should be!

Guest San Don

Yes its already 'in' especially within UEFA. Both UEFA and the PL have introduced the concepts of FFP but, compliance is measured over a rolling period and that period started last season although transfers were taken into consideration for the season before.

However, I dont think UEFA were prepared for the creativity of some owners in getting sponsorship deals together to make their club seem more compliant.

City's deal with emirates airlines(?) appears to be a clear case. The deal is massive from an airline that hadnt made a profit in years although I gather it has since made one or two small profits and is run by mansour's family.

But, UEFA's compliance team need rock solid evidence before they can apply any sanctions for any dodgey deals. And that I think is going to be very difficult, costly and time consuming to prove.

I think this was definitely going ahead as long as english teams did so well in the champions league and obviously it was looking like city would go on to monoploise it but since the german teams 'got good' and the french 'got rich' I don't think Platini is too arsed anymore.

This is 100% the case.

That's not putting a wage cap on what I play earns.

Every squad has a budget, if you choose to spend most of that cap on stars, like Messi or Ronaldo, then you'll have to have cheaper players to make up for it.

This way the best players will still earn big money, the poorer players won't. That's the way it should be!

Sorry you misunderstood me. I totally understood what you were getting at and I agree. I was just saying I don't think you can put a wage cap on how much a player earns.

Perhaps I should of made my point clearer.

Sorry you misunderstood me. I totally understood what you were getting at and I agree. I was just saying I don't think you can put a wage cap on how much a player earns.

Perhaps I should of made my point clearer.

What about putting a cap on how much a team can spend on wages, at that point you are not penalising any individual.

Teams can still pay the top players big wages but would have to balance it out with paying peanuts to shit players.

What about putting a cap on how much a team can spend on wages, at that point you are not penalising any individual.

Teams can still pay the top players big wages but would have to balance it out with paying peanuts to shit players.

This would be ideal. Won't happen though. It makes too much sense to a corrupt FIFA and UEFA. They had the chance to save football by doing something like this but, they aren't interested in that. The only thing they're interested in is lining their own pockets.

It was always a bullshit ruling to keep the elite clubs, the elite ones. there was always going to be ways to work around it. They just could never make this thing stick and most seen it coming.

I'm fine with the club living within it's means, cause lets face it, we've no choice. We also won't be challenging for the title any time soon now with all the mega rich owners in football. That stings and I guess it's that realisation that has many slating the owners and wanting big investment.

Then you would get players getting paid to play for certain team via sponsorship deals.

Football has been a corrupt, dirty, horrible business for a while now. It will not be changing anytime soon.

Why any player would go to France to play, regardless of wages, is completely lost on me.

Marseille and Lyon were the only teams in France that i had any time for before all of this shite, it has only been strengthened with this endless whoring of players over the past 12 months.

We formed the PL and CL to raise the profile of the game, attract larger sponsors and gain bigger revenues.

It shouldn't be any surprise now that money men are coming into the game, and using it as a platform for their own ends.

If you get 'lucky', then you end up with a sugar daddy who'll buy you a bit of success (which is pleasing for fans who've never had much of it).

If you get 'unlucky', then you end up with a loose cannon ownership who treats the club as a bit of a flutter and doesn't care if they lose.

In the end though, the game loses its appeal. We're 20 years in and it's fair to say the game has grown (commercially) and is hyped to the nth degree.... a la American sports. But the undercurrent of discontent is also greater than ever.

Tickets prices we can ill afford. Blatant corruption (World Cup voting) and in all probability, plenty of undiscovered corruption. An absolute merry-go-round of foreign players who have only short lived affinities with clubs, if any at all). Even the fans are becoming more concerned with financial activity than footballing events.

It doesn't matter who you support - these are universal truths:

1) The game 'before' wasn't perfect either. Money always talked, in one form or another.

2) We wanted money in the game, and we got it.

3) We said foreign players would help improve our own players, and now we say it's stiffling them.

4) We often say we crave the close knit club feel we once had, but in the same breath we compare dick sizes by measuring 'global brand' and stadium sizes.

It's obvious why I personally support, but even I'm becoming jaded by the state of the game these days. I'm becoming more and more admiring of fans supporting local town clubs who will probably never win much more than a round of applause.

Clubs that are asking for an extra quid on a ticket price in order to buy the groundsman a new lawnmower. Not clubs that are asking another 100 quid so they can redesign the club's logo and then charge even more for new shirts etc.

I'll still go the game, because I'm an addict. But my dealers are diluting my product so badly, than my fix isn't hitting the spot like it used to.