You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movies you could watch a hundred times...

neko

The original Dawn of the Dead. They could have made that film 5 hours long and I'd still love it. Still remember the first time I saw it when I was about 14 and it was on at daft o'clock on BBC2. I was drifting off and scrolling through the channels when I stumbled across it as it was starting.

The film kept me awake, not because it was scary, but because it was fucking brilliant. A true zombie epic. It became my favourite film and still is 10 years later.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airplane! and Life Of Brian are two of my all-time favourites. There are a couple of movies I'll watch when they're shown, at least up to the shoot-out scenes - The Matrix and Heat. The first works so well with the accompanying music and the second just has the most brilliant sound of gunfire. Godfather Part 2 is amazing all round but the scenes featuring young Vito make for some of the greatest cinema and cinematography ever.

Back To The Future

Commando

Dog Day Afternoon

Fargo

Midnight Run

Rocky I & II

Stand By Me

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

The Karate Kid

Scarecrow

The Shawshank Redemption

The Talented Mr Ripley

excellent choice of films. dog day afternoon is brilliant. stand by me is one of my favourite films ever.

Raging Bull

Goodfellas

The Godfather 1&2

Die Hard 1,2,3

Lethal Weapon 1,2,3

French Connection

Enter the Dragon

Commando/The Running Man

Big Trouble in Little China

Coming to America/Trading places

The Shawshank Redemption

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Lock Stock/Snatch

Anchorman/Semi Pro

Fuck there's probaly loads more as well.

Thanks, Stig. I've watched Pulp Fiction and Superbad many times.

Home Alone II

National Lampoon's Vacation

Serpico

The Warriors

Beverly Hills Cop

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Big

Catch Me If You Can

Mississippi Burning

Escape From Alcatraz

The Goonies

The Taking of Pelham 1, 2, 3.

Edited by Tony Manero
(original)

There's quite a few already mentioned, but in recent months I've watched; Unforgiven, Chronicles of Riddick, and Bugsy Malone every time they've been on the telly, even if I've watched it the week before. I'll watch a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood film anytime it's on, even if it means giving the wife a chloroform snooze. Also, I've seen First Blood so many times I can play the whole thing in my head.

There's quite a few already mentioned, but in recent months I've watched; Unforgiven, Chronicles of Riddick, and Bugsy Malone every time they've been on the telly, even if I've watched it the week before. I'll watch a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood film anytime it's on, even if it means giving the wife a chloroform snooze. Also, I've seen First Blood so many times I can play the whole thing in my head.

Great shout

Trautman: God didn't make Rambo, I made him!

Trautman: I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him.