You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fantasy Premier League - For Fun

Bjornebye

I joined as the van Buren Boys.

It's my first fantasy team with soccer so I dont know quite where the most effective part of the pitch is to invest in. What do defenders get points for besides goals and assists? Clean sheets? Tackles?

Up front I start Van Persie and Sturridge, Cazorla and Gerrard behind but my defenders are pretty weak except Ivanovic.

I joined as the van Buren Boys.

It's my first fantasy team with soccer so I dont know quite where the most effective part of the pitch is to invest in. What do defenders get points for besides goals and assists? Clean sheets? Tackles?

Up front I start Van Persie and Sturridge, Cazorla and Gerrard behind but my defenders are pretty weak except Ivanovic.

The thing is you can pick the best defender, the best striker, best midfielder and still lose.

Whilst everyone knows who will be the high scorers in points, your weakest players become more important. That's where your team will win or lose.

It becomes crucial then that you pick cheap defenders that do not concede lots of goals, pick the best midfielder from an average team, or a high scoring striker in a low scoring team.

Picking these average players that have super seasons is harder as the Premier League is full of them and they are never consistent.

Okay here if the first team I've put together, let me know what you think.

-----------------------Mignolet

---------Ivanovic - Shawcross - Bassong - Briggs

Puncheon ----- Cazorla -----Gerrard ----- Snodgrass

----------------van Persie ---- Sturridge

Alternatively if I want to take one of those dirt cheap defenders off, I bring on Shane Long as my third striker and play:

------------------Mignolet

----------Ivo----Shawcross----Bassong

Puncheon ----Cazorla--Gerrard---Snodgrass

---------Long---van Persie --- Sturridge

van Persie is captain and Sturridge is vice at the moment. Don't you get big bonuses if your captain scores or assists? Hard for me not to pick Stevie...

Alternatively if I want to take one of those dirt cheap defenders off, I bring on Shane Long as my third striker and play:

van Persie is captain and Sturridge is vice at the moment. Don't you get big bonuses if your captain scores or assists? Hard for me not to pick Stevie...

My team wanks over that one

Best of luck. And you're a cunt for picking a manc player. That's just the way it is.

Haha, well my team isn't set in stone, that's just initially what I've come up with.

I think there are a lot of goals and assists in the front 7 I have there....but where do defenders get points? I'm a noob to this and was sort of looking for some advice

Quite frankly there's very few strikers in this league who I feel could lead a good fantasy line.

All those strikers at City, sure, but who knows who will be playing reliable minutes?

Haha, well my team isn't set in stone, that's just initially what I've come up with.

I think there are a lot of goals and assists in the front 7 I have there....but where do defenders get points? I'm a noob to this and was sort of looking for some advice

i think defenders get points for clean sheets and stuff plus MOM and scoring obv.

have a look on the site it gives you the full breakdown fella

Mustang

Every player gets 2 points for playing up to 60 mins & 2 points for over 60 mins.

Defenders get 6 points for a goal

A clean sheet gets a defender 4 points

Every 2 goals conceded -1 point

Yellow card - 1 point

Red Card -3 points

So if Agger played a full game & scored in a 1-0 win for us he would get 12 points

( + any bonus points which are given randomly )

All of the points are in the 'Help' section on the right of the screen under 'rules'

• 3 weeks later...

20 points so far, still got 6 players to go yet though. Am happy that my side has no filthy man utd players in it.

Have got Negredo, Aspas and Lukaku up front, bit of a gamble but if it works they could end up bringing in a serious amount of points. I think all three will do really well if they're given enough time on the pitch and don't have confidence issues.

• 10 months later...

Have to check with Red Phoenix how the Aspas punt went.

I just replaced him soon after he wasn't being picked, same with Negredo I think. Can't remember at all who I ended up with either, probably just left the whole thing around the start of the year.

Well volunteered. Sort the thread and league out mate

Gahhh, ok will have a look at how it's done and make the thread shortly hopefully.

Wasn't having ago RP, we all have our moments.

Recently joined a £25 per person World Cup fantasy effort in work & decided I would win the thing by making Fred my main man when everybody else was wasting their time with your Neymars & Messis !!!

No probs, wasn't offended at all anyway. And yeah, choosing Fred there seems kind of similar, at least he scored one though!

• 7 years later...

All back up and running now

I can try and set up a draft version if there's a few people interested. Not interested in it being money league. I know someone on here run it a few years back maybe they can redo it as they know the set up?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

All back up and running now

I can try and set up a draft version if there's a few people interested. Not interested in it being money league. I know someone on here run it a few years back maybe they can redo it as they know the set up?

Would you mind dropping me a PM with the league code, please?

You can also pop my name down for the draft game too if there's enough interest.