You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pull?

Code

You can barely type your own name, so calling others stupid isn't the smartest move.

True, but the point is still a good one i think.

It's not just about football and champions league. Agents and clubs can sell London over Liverpool everyday of the week.

They can pay higher wages down there, they have more to do and see down there. Better night life, big lights, big city bla bla bla.

We cant increase our ticket prices and dont have enough night clubs for these ""stars".

You get pull by having a world class operation filled with ambitious, smart, hard-working, honest people. I didn't trust John Henry the moment I found out he had a wife half his age and he has lived down to my low expectations so far. From the bullshit about a new stadium to the "Torres-15M bollocks" this guy has given the impression of a total charlatan and novice. Werner is not much better with his "we can compete with anybody financially" nonsense. The fact they hired Rodgers; a PR man with zero achievements in the game, told me all about their intent to sell a polished turd as gold. Add in the Being Liverpool fiasco, the Suarez racism capitulation and everything about them comes off as fake, sophomoric and half-arsed. I cannot even call them awful because they don't have the courage to be that bad, they're simply mediocre and the players are following suit.

The fact your first reason to hate Henry is because he has a younger wife is one bitter reason.

If you were rich and women threw themselves at you, would you pick the old raisin or the hot blonde?

Torres 15 million? Nobody put a gun to commolli/kenny's head and made them bid for Andy Carroll. FSG didnt. So why is he getting blasted for it?

Suarez racism? He refered to a player by his skin colour over 10 times........what the fuck could John Hnery do about that?

I think your a bit of a bitter dickhead and your reasons for not liking John Hnery are just plane fucking stupid.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
True, but the point is still a good one i think.

It's not just about football and champions league. Agents and clubs can sell London over Liverpool everyday of the week.

They can pay higher wages down there, they have more to do and see down there. Better night life, big lights, big city bla bla bla.

We cant increase our ticket prices and dont have enough night clubs for these ""stars".

I think it plays a part, for sure. I'm not sure it trumps club size, wages (and we can match massive wages if we choose to), and most importantly CL participation.

If we were in the CL next season but Arsenal just missed out, do you think this Suarez thing would even be an issue?

The fact your first reason to hate Henry is because he has a younger wife is one bitter reason.

If you were rich and women threw themselves at you' date=' would you pick the old raisin or the hot blonde?

Torres 15 million? Nobody put a gun to commolli/kenny's head and made them bid for Andy Carroll. FSG didnt. So why is he getting blasted for it?

Suarez racism? He refered to a player by his skin colour over 10 times........what the fuck could John Hnery do about that?

I think your a bit of a bitter dickhead and your reasons for not liking John Hnery are just plane fucking stupid.[/quote']

Are you on your school holidays?

Serious question.

I think it plays a part, for sure. I'm not sure it trumps club size, wages (and we can match massive wages if we choose to), and most importantly CL participation.

If we were in the CL next season but Arsenal just missed out, do you think this Suarez thing would even be an issue?

No, i think he would stay or would have more of a reason to stay.

I think the CL is important but not as important as fans make out. Players use it as an excuse very often. These days winning trophies means a lot less than it used to. Most of these guys care about the wage packet first and being the best 2nd.

I just think the whole being in the capital and having much more to do is a bigger pull for foreign players. The agents and managers can sell it easier, and if we are in a bidding war with a london club they can use Liverpool and "the north" as a negative.

Are you on your school holidays?

Serious question.

The answer to your question is:

I can't believe you still follow me around on here, seriously what is wrong with you mate?

Would you like salt and vinegar with that chip on your shoulder? Give it a fucking rest.

I think you have the footballing knowledge of a 6 year old girl, you never even talk about the sport. You just follow me around all the time and try to get a dig in here and there.

Who the fuck is the school kid?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think the CL is important but not as important as fans make out.

You've just admitted it's the key factor in a potential £50m transfer deal to a rival club. That's pretty important. Anyway, don't worry about how the fans are making it out to be important. Pay more attention to what the players say about it. Yes, wages are very important, but when you've got a host of club offering top wages, CL becomes the most important factor between a club that does have it and a club that doesn't.

We lost it when we could no longer pay the high wages or guarantee trophies. More than twenty years of mismanagement by owners and team managers. What money we have had has been consistently squandered on the wrong players and the club as a whole has consistently under-performed on and off the pitch.

You've just admitted it's the key factor in a potential £50m transfer deal to a rival club. That's pretty important. Anyway, don't worry about how the fans are making it out to be important. Pay more attention to what the players say about it. Yes, wages are very important, but when you've got a host of club offering top wages, CL becomes the most important factor between a club that does have it and a club that doesn't.

Not quite, i dont think Suarez really wants to go there anyway. In this case he wants out, he wants to go abroad but he sent out the feeler too early and now he is abit fucked because Madrid havent come in for him.

The rest is correct and i agree that CL would be the most important factor when a host of clubs are looking at one player.

But when there is no CL and say us, spurs or arsenal want a player. I think the London factor sways it more than most think.

I don't get the unrelenting pessimism on here.

It's the close season ffs, the cricket starts in 20 minutes and we're 2-0 up.

If you want to talk football, our pre-season so far reads 100% record, 4-0, 2-0, 2-0 and 3-0. Anyone coming on here would think we'd just lost 4-0 at home to Crystal Palace.

Or that we had just sold our best player to one of our rivals. Shit, that hasn't happened either.

Sure we could do with a couple of big signings before the start of the season but guess what, we still might do just that. I'm pretty optimistic anyway, we have a decent side who can score goals against anyone and with a bit more defensive solidity that Mignolet & Toure can bring, we should be looking positively at challenging for the top 4.

As a club, we have some great prospects in the youth sides and no real deadwood stinking the place out.

Far too much misplaced angst on this forum, watch the test match ffs

We lost it when we could no longer pay the high wages or guarantee trophies. More than twenty years of mismanagement by owners and team managers. What money we have had has been consistently squandered on the wrong players and the club as a whole has consistently under-performed on and off the pitch.

Yep.

If you were rich and women threw themselves at you, would you pick the old raisin or the hot blonde?

Suarez racism? He refered to a player by his skin colour over 10 times........what the fuck could John Hnery do about that?[/b]I think your a bit of a bitter dickhead and your reasons for not liking John Hnery are just plane fucking stupid.

evidence?

Exactly

Not quite, i dont think Suarez really wants to go there anyway. In this case he wants out, he wants to go abroad but he sent out the feeler too early and now he is abit fucked because Madrid havent come in for him.

The rest is correct and i agree that CL would be the most important factor when a host of clubs are looking at one player.

But when there is no CL and say us, spurs or arsenal want a player. I think the London factor sways it more than most think.

Agents can big it up, but in the end of the day you go to big teams to win trophies; not because of the nightclubs.

You do realize there's transportation right?

Your point would have been valid if you mentioned the stadium. Playing in a huge stadium that holds over 90,000?

Not that's attractive to any player.

Imagine if Anfield could hold that, YNWA would be immense.

[YOUTUBE]oY1LxNVocVc[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Goosebumps.....

Agents can big it up, but in the end of the day you go to big teams to win trophies; not because of the nightclubs.

You do realize there's transportation right?

Your point would have been valid if you mentioned the stadium. Playing in a huge stadium that holds over 90,000?

Not that's attractive to any player.

Imagine if Anfield could hold that, YNWA would be immense.

[YOUTUBE]oY1LxNVocVc[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Goosebumps.....

I know there is transportation, and your point about 90,000 stadiums is a good one. I just think some foreign players dont know England but what little they do know will be about London and the Capital.

Also what about the players who play up here, what have they got to say about places like Birmingham, manchester and Liverpool.....in comparison to London?

These players ask advice from national team mates and friends already playing here, and i wonder how many of the foreigners up north tell them "london's where its at.....there is less to do up north"

We have to remember these guys have millions to burn, so they want to have a good time and be seen in the best places. London fuels their ego's nicely.

I know there is transportation, and your point about 90,000 stadiums is a good one. I just think some foreign players dont know England but what little they do know will be about London and the Capital.

Also what about the players who play up here, what have they got to say about places like Birmingham, manchester and Liverpool.....in comparison to London?

These players ask advice from national team mates and friends already playing here, and i wonder how many of the foreigners up north tell them "london's where its at.....there is less to do up north"

We have to remember these guys have millions to burn, so they want to have a good time and be seen in the best places. London fuels their ego's nicely.

I disagree but there you have it.

I personally think the owners are right to cut the wage bill.

Pay some c**t like Joe Cole £110,000 a week? Joey Barton saying he'll have to take a 50% pay cut to play for everton (meaning he'll ONLY be on £35,000 a week)?

Well f**k it - I dont care if we never win anything again because this isn't the game I used to love, it's not one I want to be involved in.

If that means City and PSG are going to give players £250,000 a week and hoover up all the trophies then so be it, their victories are totally meaningless to me since football flatlined many years ago.

Now, I'm off to watch my Ian Rush DVDs.

(on a more optimistic note I'm backing our current manager to do good things - whatever they may be we'll have to wait and see).

I personally think the owners are right to cut the wage bill.

Pay some c**t like Joe Cole £110,000 a week? Joey Barton saying he'll have to take a 50% pay cut to play for everton (meaning he'll ONLY be on £35,000 a week)?

Well f**k it - I dont care if we never win anything again because this isn't the game I used to love, it's not one I want to be involved in.

If that means City and PSG are going to give players £250,000 a week and hoover up all the trophies then so be it, their victories are totally meaningless to me since football flatlined many years ago.

Now, I'm off to watch my Ian Rush DVDs.

(on a more optimistic note I'm backing our current manager to do good things - whatever they may be we'll have to wait and see).

Its only a matter of time.

Soon £250,000 a week will be the norm.

Yes

That could be the best post yet from you squire