You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pull?

Code

He saved a penalty in the league last season for fucks sake. You don't know what you're talking about.

Haha! yes he did, and I obviously don't. It slipped my mind as he let 3 goals in anyway that game. He saved 4 in total at Liverpool out of about 35. I expect a better return out of Mignolet.

Haha! yes he did, and I obviously don't. It slipped my mind as he let 3 goals in anyway that game. He saved 4 in total at Liverpool out of about 35. I expect a better return out of Mignolet.

He saved the important ones, like in FA Cup and League Cup finals.

Anyway back to "pull". How do you think Kenny is perceived in Europe and the rest of the world?

As far as managers are concerned I reckon the "pull" they have is either having worked with players before, won things recently (particularly in Europe) or being seen as an absolute legend. As Kenny had been out of the game for a long time we wouldn't have the first, and I would think perhaps even the second. However what about his legendary status?

Obviously he is to Liverpool fans, but when I've spoken to foreign types Kenny is not really given the level of respect of the likes of Beckenbauer, Cruyff, etc. and there's not even been the knowledge of how good he was. What do you reckon?

Anyway back to "pull". How do you think Kenny is perceived in Europe and the rest of the world?

As far as managers are concerned I reckon the "pull" they have is either having worked with players before, won things recently (particularly in Europe) or being seen as an absolute legend. As Kenny had been out of the game for a long time we wouldn't have the first, and I would think perhaps even the second. However what about his legendary status?

Obviously he is to Liverpool fans, but when I've spoken to foreign types Kenny is not really given the level of respect of the likes of Beckenbauer, Cruyff, etc. and there's not even been the knowledge of how good he was. What do you reckon?

It's true that. Kenny is not held in the same esteem outside the UK as those players you mention. That is largely down to the lack of success at international level. I'm not sure Kenny - as a manager - had any real pulling power this time. Most players we would be after weren't even born when he was in his pomp. For me, Kenny would make a far better ambassador than he would manager these days.

He saved the important ones, like in FA Cup and League Cup finals.

lottery that Frode. Don't get me wrong, that 2006 Cup Final was one of the best Cup Final experiences, but for whatever reason, Reina is past his pomp now, and we have a goalkeeper who is as good as Reina and will continue to get better.

Well seeing as the winners of the Europa League in 14/15 actually will get a place in the CL we might try and actually win a trophy this season to secure a place in the Europa League next season unlike last.

Swansea humiliated us at Anfield and later they went on to win the cup, I doubt they would change that League Cup win with a meaningless league game in the battle of 7th before the League Cup final.

The Europa League! Code72 is thinking big! That'll draw the players to us like wasps to jam.

It must be a total chore to be you, day in day out. On one hand, you desperately want Rodgers to fail, so can barely contain your glee when we lose, yet you also want us to be up there fighting on the glorious stage of the League Cup and the Europa League year in, year out. Add to that your "worry" about our lack of pull, yet disdain for actually getting fourth, and you must be a face full of tics come match day, your brain at war with itself. And your brain ain't winning.

Edited by billypilgrimnz

lottery that Frode. Don't get me wrong, that 2006 Cup Final was one of the best Cup Final experiences, but for whatever reason, Reina is past his pomp now, and we have a goalkeeper who is as good as Reina and will continue to get better.

You forgot the most important art of the equation.

Mignolet was signed by Rodgers, therefore it does not serve Code's interests for Mignolet to be successful. Just look at how reticent he is/was to praise Coutinho, but how quick he is to throw out stats defending Downing.

• 6 years later...

Players are ligning up to sign for the club because of Klopp. We have certainly got our pull back.

Rodgers had no pull whatsoever, he used to ask Gerrard to call players so he could say nice things about the club. I’m sure players looked elsewhere because of Rodgers at the time I started this thread seven years ago. 

Pull is incredibly important when you don’t have oil funds paying for everything.

As long as Klopp is here we will be safe. I simply love him.

EAE6A7A2-FC75-4A0D-90A5-895AD2E43320.jpeg

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

A whole summer of Code settling old scores. It’s gonna be great fun. 

Nah, it was something Rashid mentioned on Twitter and I had a feeling I had posted something about it before, so I did a search.

Its a bit funny because it’s so true.

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Nah, it was something Rashid mentioned on Twitter and I had a feeling I had posted something about it before, so I did a search.

Its a bit funny because it’s so true.

I like to imagine there’s a local councillor somewhere in the Northwest of England, spending his Friday afternoon at work arguing on a Norwegian footy forum about the highs and lows of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tenure at Molde. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I like to imagine there’s a local councillor somewhere in the Northwest of England, spending his Friday afternoon at work arguing on a Norwegian footy forum about the highs and lows of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tenure at Molde. 

It’s my holiday now, I went to play golf for the first time since October 2018 today, last summer I had an election to focus on.

49 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

There was an absolute head case on this other forum I frequent, he’s a Tory councillor now.

Its everyones dream is it not? Make a living out of arguing with people.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

Its everyones dream is it not? Make a living out of arguing with people.

I like to think that if you occasionally overstep the mark in a debate and get suspended you sneak back in to the next debate wearing a bad disguise with a dodgy made up name.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I like to think that if you occasionally overstep the mark in a debate and get suspended you sneak back in to the next debate wearing a bad disguise with a dodgy made up name.

Haha I’d love to be able to do that. I’d have a bit of «bad» press lately because a newspaper found out how much I get paid.

81B9B959-5775-4C1A-991F-1821D493DE71.png