You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fleetwood Mac

Faustus

Shitty news for a Sunday morning, favourite guitarist, what he recorded in the short time he was at the top is crazy. Said before on here I was lucky enough to meet him after a splinter band gig in Leeds 20 years ago. The signed set list sits above my work desk. Proper devil dark blues, and similar to Waterloo sunset, albatross is untouchable. 

• Upvote 2

The story goes, that during the recording of ‘Tusk’ Peter apparently turned up at the sessions one night. He was in the US to buy a Sunburst Les Paul for the ‘In The Skies’ recordings coming up. Peter turned up at the studio with the Sunburst.

The song ‘Brown Eyes’ had been penned by Christine McVie, and the backings had already been laid down. Christine invited Peter to do an alternate solo after Lindsay had finished his. The alternate version was released as an outtake in the expanded ‘Tusk’ re-release.

peter sounds fantastic here, and you can hear what ‘In The Skies’ would turn out like.

What a treat - the sultry vocals of Christine, and soulful guitar of Peter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Been listening to live at the BBC this evening. Whilst he’s a bit under-rated as a guitarist due to leaving the band, his voice is superb for the music. His phrasing on Need your love so bad, and oh well - proper spine tingling.

He had such a soulful voice. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

As it was, and always shall be, world without end, amen. Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac. The other lot were a decent MOR band.

I like both versions but prefer the Buckingham/Nicks one. Grew up listening to my parents playing Peter Green, though.

• Downvote 1