You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fleetwood Mac

Faustus

He still tours with the Peter green splinter band, met him after a gig in the Irish centre in Leeds about 10 years back, dude is not 100% but fuck me what a legend. Brilliant blues player and singer, hard to think of green manalishi and the later stuff being the same band. If he hadn't list the plot back there in the 60's he'd have been bigger than Clapton.

Green can console himself in the fact that he has always been BETTER than Clapton.

Clapton isn't fit to lick his boots.

Peter Green is God etc etc and Green Manelishi is fucking genius.

• Upvote 1

Have some rep sir for you liking of one imo greatest live tracks ever to be played. Though she hasn't managed to do the original ending like the one below since the 70 s.. She has had to change it a few times live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

Just to say the last of the old grey whistle test played a live version of this on there last ever show. It s by far the greatest version of it I have ever heard of it. Mick Fleetwood for some unknown reason decides to speed up the drum beat at the end of the track. You see Stevie take a glance at him and proceeds to absolutely nail it, Fleetwoods face at the end is one of awe at Stevie for not just pulling it off but a total perfect faster version of it.

I have never found the video of it again to this day. I ts certainly a very early performance of it and it is one in which Stevie isn't wearing the usual black top but instead its a white version of it like she wore in the early 80s.

I've actually been playing this one over the last year. I can't imagine anything better than this. epic at the end.

http://youtu.be/MtPyk8_onO8

• Upvote 1

My housemate loves Fleetwood Mac and his girlfriend noticed they were touring the UK next year. So she goes online to look at tickets and finds them in a small venue in Birmingham for around £30 each and grabs them right away thinking she's got herself a bargain... A nice intimate atmosphere, his favourite band, on to a winner.

Nope. 

Cover band, 'Rumours of Fleetwood Mac'

• 1 year later...

I concur with peter green being a god and better than Clapton but equally you would be hard pushed to find a band with as much musical talent in that era (or any in fact) as with those he had around him. I don't think Kirwin and spencer ever get the full recognition they deserved. There's plenty of live/bootleg stuff out and about from them times and they were shitkickingly immense. Only beefhearts' band can run 'em close.

The 'other' mac were boss too. Rumours is as good as its hype. Tango in the night was superb too if not let down a tad by the 80's-ness of its production.

• Upvote 2

He still tours with the Peter green splinter band, met him after a gig in the Irish centre in Leeds about 10 years back, dude is not 100% but fuck me what a legend. Brilliant blues player and singer, hard to think of green manalishi and the later stuff being the same band. If he hadn't list the plot back there in the 60's he'd have been bigger than Clapton.

Greeny pisses all over Clapton in FEEL, TONE and TECHNIQUE.

For the record, yes Green Manalishi was the same band, and no, never lost in the 60s , he lost it in the early 70s.

First mistake was to give his les paul away to Gary Fucking Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Defo. One of the greatest albums of all time.

I can't think of many other albums where every single song is boss. Listened to it for as long as I can remember. My ma and auntie would always have it on when I was little and I've kept it up over the years. I'll skip to the next song on an album if I don't like it but that's not necessary for Rumours.

I can't think of many other albums where every single song is boss. Listened to it for as long as I can remember. My ma and auntie would always have it on when I was little and I've kept it up over the years. I'll skip to the next song on an album if I don't like it but that's not necessary for Rumours.

Yep. One of the few albums that don't require a skip at all.