You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fleetwood Mac

Faustus

Bumping this because I've got a ticket for Glasto next year and the bookies have stopped taking bets on them headlining.

Make it happen, Eavis, lad!

Mac have been asked to headline at Glasto on more than one occasion before. Infact they got asked to do last years but turned it down as they wont play at festivals if they our touring. Mick Fleetwood says you cant play festivals and tour at the same time as  it basically playing a festival dosent help you if your touring as it affects your ticket sales.

But when asked about 2014 he said he would love to do some festivals if he could talk her into doing them( her being Stevie) when asked about Glasto 2014 he replied he would love to but dosent think they will be asked again after turning it down so many times.

The way it looks to me is there nailed on to play IF they can talk Stevie into doing it.

The band we know he has always wanted to play is Zeppelin and even Emily has said the one band they have got to get to play there is Zeppelin.

This might not be as far fetched as it sounds either with Percy having already said on tv he has a open diary for 2014 and maybe Jimmy and John Paul should get in touch.

Zeppelin have never ruled out playing another one off show if they thought it was a just cause for them doing it..

Another big whisper has been for Prince and a strong point for him is the fact Eaaves has said three of the biggest bands playing but his daughter says two which look almost certain and the third one not to sure about. The third one could be seen as pointing towards Prince as he never agrees to shows till about two weeks before the show.

Other ones mentioned appear to be Roger Waters with the wall show . Billy Joel , Madonna and Lady Gaga. Eminem is another being touted as a possible.

I would say out of all them mentioned only one will play as this seems to be the norm with Glasto. The other two bands will be from what would be seen as the list below the super group / person list.

One band who have even said they will be playing is Elbow apparently.

This 2014 festival will be the biggest ever apparently and Both Michael and Emily appear to be very bullish over this one. They might have managed to pull two or maybe three from the super A list as in recent years they seem to play down the headline acts slightly but not this time there not.

I certainly think Mac is one and I suspect maybe one more from the likes of Elton John, Madonna ,  George Michael, Billy Joel or maybe just maybe with there bullishness over the festival they have managed to get Zeppelin to do it.

Pretty much unlistenable since that girl Lindsey "Whats her Name" left". She had balls.

Green was a Bluesbreaker - like the others.

She played live with them on the two UK shows this year. Apparently only for one track though. For me up until seeing the Stones playing a polished simple well rehearsed no risk taking almost emotion less performance of there hits there last year , I would of said Mac couldn't pull it off as there live performances now pretty much similar to that stones one. 

Stevie cant do justice to Rhiannon anymore and apart from the chain which is mainly down to the bass and guitar playing is one of the only tracks they can still do justice to.. They get away with it live by playing quieter tracks like landslide etc etc, The crowd lap it all up but its not a patch on the way they use to do it.

So they might and probably will manage to pull it off like the stones did. Then again the stones have got away with it for around forty years playing there watch with granny simplistic toned down versions of tracks they once played with feeling and emotion and risk taking.

She played live with them on the two UK shows this year. Apparently only for one track though. For me up until seeing the Stones playing a polished simple well rehearsed no risk taking almost emotion less performance of there hits there last year , I would of said Mac couldn't pull it off as there live performances now pretty much similar to that stones one. 

Stevie cant do justice to Rhiannon anymore and apart from the chain which is mainly down to the bass and guitar playing is one of the only tracks they can still do justice to.. They get away with it live by playing quieter tracks like landslide etc etc, The crowd lap it all up but its not a patch on the way they use to do it.

So they might and probably will manage to pull it off like the stones did. Then again the stones have got away with it for around forty years playing there watch with granny simplistic toned down versions of tracks they once played with feeling and emotion and risk taking.

Might be a bit harsh as at least Jagger still gives his all and appears enthusiastic.

She played live with them on the two UK shows this year. Apparently only for one track though. For me up until seeing the Stones playing a polished simple well rehearsed no risk taking almost emotion less performance of there hits there last year , I would of said Mac couldn't pull it off as there live performances now pretty much similar to that stones one.

Stevie can still nail it (You can't Fix This ftom The Sound City Soundtrack) I think a the issue would banging it out evry night on tour every night.

Maybe if they have had a break and Glasto is a one off then she could could give that desired performance. Especially with Rhiannon. I love that song and Stevie was fit as back in the day.

Our kid is going to see them in Australia in a few weeks. I think he is expecting something similar to the Rumours tour. He is onky 22 though.

• Upvote 1

Stevie can still nail it (You can't Fix This ftom The Sound City Soundtrack) I think a the issue would banging it out evry night on tour every night.

Maybe if they have had a break and Glasto is a one off then she could could give that desired performance. Especially with Rhiannon. I love that song and Stevie was fit as back in the day.

Our kid is going to see them in Australia in a few weeks. I think he is expecting something similar to the Rumours tour. He is onky 22 though.

Have some rep sir for you liking of one imo greatest live tracks ever to be played. Though she hasn't managed to do the original ending like the one below since the 70 s.. She has had to change it a few times live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

Just to say the last of the old grey whistle test played a live version of this on there last ever show. It s by far the greatest version of it I have ever heard of it. Mick Fleetwood for some unknown reason decides to speed up the drum beat at the end of the track. You see Stevie take a glance at him and proceeds to absolutely nail it, Fleetwoods face at the end is one of awe at Stevie for not just pulling it off but a total perfect faster version of it.

I have never found the video of it again to this day. I ts certainly a very early performance of it and it is one in which Stevie isn't wearing the usual black top but instead its a white version of it like she wore in the early 80s.

• Upvote 2

yeah i've seen a statement from eaves saying that of the top 5 bands in the world that haven't played, he reckons he has 3.

not sure fleetwood mac are headline material though.... amazing band without a doubt but do they have enough to headline????

My preference would be Stone Roses, Foo Fighters, The Eagles or Pink Floyd

Can see it being The Foo's, Fleetwood mac and one other.

Do they have enough to headline? The fuck?

• Upvote 2

Have some rep sir for you liking of one imo greatest live tracks ever to be played. Though she hasn't managed to do the original ending like the one below since the 70 s.. She has had to change it a few times live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

Just to say the last of the old grey whistle test played a live version of this on there last ever show. It s by far the greatest version of it I have ever heard of it. Mick Fleetwood for some unknown reason decides to speed up the drum beat at the end of the track. You see Stevie take a glance at him and proceeds to absolutely nail it, Fleetwoods face at the end is one of awe at Stevie for not just pulling it off but a total perfect faster version of it.

I have never found the video of it again to this day. I ts certainly a very early performance of it and it is one in which Stevie isn't wearing the usual black top but instead its a white version of it like she wore in the early 80s.

She is one of the, if not the best female rock singer.

On that Sound City documentary you can see Grohl and Butch Vig look on awe aad Butch says at the end of her take "Man, she's still got it"

I love her mysticism when it comes to Rhiannon. And the guitar is so soft yet the drum beat sounds erractic but it all works amazingly.

Cheers for that video. Love watching her in that era.

Wasn't that from a Buckingham solo gig that was a documentary about his solo album at the time?

If it is the same one, he admitted they had unfinished business that would ultimately remain unfinished because of the line in 'Go Your Own Way' of "Shacking up, is all you wanna do"

Any chance of reconciliation went out the window for Stevie after hearing that line.

Not sure if he is brave or a fool. Great, great musician though.

Not to sure when it was from it is a track off one of his solo albums but reworked. It s the way they blank the audience out and its just them two there. He cant take his eyes away from her and you can see at the end how stunned Stevie is and she stands there not knowing what to do ,so he goes over to her and puts his arm around her. It s just one of them moments in time that captures just how powerful music can be and the affect it can have between people.

He is a great musician but to me he is a genuine oddball which comes out when he does his solo gigs. Some of his takes on Mac stuff he plays solo is either genius or lunatic.

Somebody mentioned before about Chrissy Hynde and I  have to say I love her vocal style its so original but Stevie is on a different planet to her vocally. Take brass in pocket for instance absolute classic and is a track you can picture Stevie doing without any problems. 

But now take something like Rhiannon or landslide or the harmonies on the chain now can you picture Chrissy being able to pull them off as I don't.

This pretty much nails both his genius and lunacy in one song. The guitar playing is outstanding and you would swear there was two guitarists playing this, when infact it s just him alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbx156Fpvl0

• Upvote 1

Yeah Nicks is miles and miles ahead in terms of vocal ability compared to Hynde (who I don't mind at all) 

I will watch that video when I get home, I recognised the still. There is also a deep lying affection between them both and I think I recall Buckingham saying his wife knows that there is still a lot of love towards Stevie as he always wanted to tell her he was truly sorry but if he hadn't have written what he had , they would never have had the success they achieved with Mac. 

I can remember that video and yeah, it's like a way of him letting her know everything he felt by just singing to her. 

A moment only music can create.

Fuck me I am one soppy get.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night

And wouldn't you love to love her?

Takes through the sky like a bird in flight

And who will be her lover?

All your life you've never seen a woman

Taken by the wind

Would you stay if she promised you Heaven?

Will you ever win?

She is like a cat in the dark

And then she is the darkness

She rules her life like a fine skylark

And when the sky is starless

Taken by the wind

Will you ever win? Will you ever win?

Rhiannon

Rhiannon

Rhiannon

Rhiannon

She rings like a bell through the night

And wouldn't you love to love her?

She was alive like a bird in flight

And who will be her lover?

Taken by the wind

Will you ever win? Will you ever win?

Rhiannon

Rhiannon

Rhiannon

Taken by, taken by the sky

Dreams unwind

Love's a state of mind

Dreams unwind

Love's a state of mind

My take on Chrissy was as a female rock singer - in that arena, she is tough to beat, as a female rock singer/songwriter even tougher - Nicks is a great pop singer and a more accomplished vocalist.

Rock has never been about accomplished vocalists and pretty harmonies, so choosing Brass in Pocket - arguably the most pop Pretenders ever is not really the point.

Stevie cannot sing "Bad Boys get Spanked".

Some of my favourite Mac moment are when other people have fucked about with their stuff.

The end of one of UNKLE's mixtapes "Big brother is watching you":

The track Peakin' off the Bleachin' concept album that uses Big Love (which Youtube has, for some reason, not got the radio edit album version).