You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fleetwood Mac

Faustus

• 2 months later...

yeah i've seen a statement from eaves saying that of the top 5 bands in the world that haven't played, he reckons he has 3. 

not sure fleetwood mac are headline material though.... amazing band without a doubt but do they have enough to headline????

My preference would be Stone Roses, Foo Fighters, The Eagles or Pink Floyd

Can see it being The Foo's, Fleetwood mac and one other. 

yeah i've seen a statement from eaves saying that of the top 5 bands in the world that haven't played, he reckons he has 3. 

not sure fleetwood mac are headline material though.... amazing band without a doubt but do they have enough to headline????

They do, mate- without a doubt!

I'm hoping for Prince, myself. I reckon he'd be immense the Sunday night.

No idea who else. The Roses makes sense and that would be class. Even though he's a dick, I'd also buzz if Kanye West played.

Dull...

I'm afraid...

Sorry but when i hear Fleetwood Mac it reminds me of a stoned up bird in floral dresses....and that other bloke that hosted Brits with Sam Fox!

Mick Fleetwood: "Ah, indeed."

Sam Fox: "Well, the awards just keep coming and coming."

Mick Fleetwood: "Yes, indeed."

That was possibly one of my favourite things I've ever seen on TV.  The sheer depths of how shit it was just had a certain era-defining charm attached to the naffness which in today's knowing, self-aware blander times could just never happen.  A bit like Saint and Greavsie over Soccer AM, or Ron Atkinson over Andy Townsend.  Nowadays at The Brits you just get that fucking tub of guts Corden, who's head I'm still expecting to pop out of my fridge next time I open it, doing that completely unforced and natural laugh of his, as he's everywhere else I look 95% of the time. 

I would have given my right-arm to nail Stevie Nicks as well, before she got old and turned into Laura Dern's Mum from the film 'Wild At Heart', obviously.

There was a great documentary on Sky Arts a few months back about the making of Rumours, how various respective band members were splitting up and getting involved with each other during it, etc.

I'm sure it's a very well known story, but not one I'd heard.  Just loved the album for what it is previously, but watching that added another layer to it.

• Upvote 1

Posted Image

Treasured possession, signed set list from Peter Green - the bluesy sound of Greens fleetwood mac wipes the floor with the poppier stuff that followed. Similar to Jefferson Airplane - they disappeared up their own holes once they swapped the ganja and acid for coke. Still made good records but not a patch on their original incarnations, personally speaking like.

• Upvote 2

When it comes to music there is nothing else in life you are as wrong. I'll give you that Stig.

"Fleetwood Mac aren't headline material" *shakes head*

• Upvote 1

This is well worth watching if your interested in how they started and how Peter Green was doing the old acid and what happened in Germany to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vkh63QIw-c

Watched this first time round amd will be spending some time tonight while Ms McGonical is cooking the tea. Great documentary.