You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suso loaned to Almeria

fowler9

He's got it. I don't know how you can watch him and not see it. A few years ago players like this struggled in the prem but not any more. There's a whole host of them. The top ones being Silva and Mata. They aren't lightening quick but are great players. As he gets older he will become a very important part of our squad.

It's no shame not being as good as Coutinho. Coutinho has the potential to be one of the best in the league. I actually would have liked to have kept him and I reckon we might have done had we been in Europe.

Why would you want someone out wide when you know he's not going to be much good?

And why would you want him in the middle of the field when Coutinho is twice as good as him in the middle?

We don't even know how long we'll have Coutinho for. Besides, I'd prefer to see them both, if they do get to play together, alternating and sharing the central area somehow. I'm sure Rodgers will work something out so that they can both play together if he returns, and Coutinho isn't sold by us for an insane price in the near future because we failed to make the top 4 again.

He's got it. I don't know how you can watch him and not see it. A few years ago players like this struggled in the prem but not any more. There's a whole host of them. The top ones being Silva and Mata. They aren't lightening quick but are great players. As he gets older he will become a very important part of our squad.

It's no shame not being as good as Coutinho. Coutinho has the potential to be one of the best in the league. I actually would have liked to have kept him and I reckon we might have done had we been in Europe.

Sorry Guest but we have been watching different players - imo he most definitely has not got it (unles we talking about STD's in which case there is a good chance you are right). He had his chances to impress and he never really took them. If he isn't as good as Coutinho then he isn't good enough - Coutinho and Sturridge should be the minimum benchmark standard we are looking for. Don't get me wrong I am completely in favour of bringing young players through to the first team - but only if they are good enough. Suso isn't, neither were Shelvey, Ngog and Spearing. It would also appear that Pacheco, Coates, Assiadi, Flanagan amd Yesil don't meet the standard either and I have my doubts about Morgan.

I am watching Sterling, Wisdom and Ibe more out of hope than expectation that one of them will become a top class player but, while I am hopeful, they are still a long way short of what we need.

I would have liked to have seen a lot more of Coady. Flanagan, Robinson and Sama this season but this view doesn't appear to be shared by some at LFC.

• Downvote 3

Sorry Guest but we have been watching different players - imo he most definitely has not got it (unles we talking about STD's in which case there is a good chance you are right). He had his chances to impress and he never really took them. If he isn't as good as Coutinho then he isn't good enough - Coutinho and Sturridge should be the minimum benchmark standard we are looking for. Don't get me wrong I am completely in favour of bringing young players through to the first team - but only if they are good enough. Suso isn't, neither were Shelvey, Ngog and Spearing. It would also appear that Pacheco, Coates, Assiadi, Flanagan amd Yesil don't meet the standard either and I have my doubts about Morgan.

I am watching Sterling, Wisdom and Ibe more out of hope than expectation that one of them will become a top class player but, while I am hopeful, they are still a long way short of what we need.

I would have liked to have seen a lot more of Coady. Flanagan, Robinson and Sama this season but this view doesn't appear to be shared by some at LFC.

Wa haven't even seen anything of Yesil, yet you are writing him off. If this was how football (sports) clubs were run then we wouldn't see many young talent develop, would we? Plus, you are forgetting that many so called wonderkids do not make it on the big stage, so you can not judge a 20-year old player because simply he is not a finished product.

Wa haven't even seen anything of Yesil, yet you are writing him off. If this was how football (sports) clubs were run then we wouldn't see many young talent develop, would we? Plus, you are forgetting that many so called wonderkids do not make it on the big stage, so you can not judge a 20-year old player because simply he is not a finished product.

I'm not writing anyone off but even the manager who bought him isn't giving him a run in the team. He rarely gets a place on the bench.

I can remember seeing the likes of Carragher, Case, Lee, Gerrard, McMananman, Fowler and Owen taking their first steps into the first team and you just knew that they had that edge. Of course they weren't the finished product on their respective debuts but the potential was fairly obvious.

• 3 months later...

It truly is a crying shame that you are not on our coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Guest but we have been watching different players - imo he most definitely has not got it (unles we talking about STD's in which case there is a good chance you are right). He had his chances to impress and he never really took them. If he isn't as good as Coutinho then he isn't good enough - Coutinho and Sturridge should be the minimum benchmark standard we are looking for. Don't get me wrong I am completely in favour of bringing young players through to the first team - but only if they are good enough. Suso isn't, neither were Shelvey, Ngog and Spearing. It would also appear that Pacheco, Coates, Assiadi, Flanagan amd Yesil don't meet the standard either and I have my doubts about Morgan.I am watching Sterling, Wisdom and Ibe more out of hope than expectation that one of them will become a top class player but, while I am hopeful, they are still a long way short of what we need.I would have liked to have seen a lot more of Coady. Flanagan, Robinson and Sama this season but this view doesn't appear to be shared by some at LFC.

At the risk of sounding condescending, who the fuck is this entitled fool?

Almeria midfielder Suso (‏@suso30fernandez) is clearly happy to see the Reds move up to second: “LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL!”

This lads gonna be a massive player for us. Can't wait til he comes back

That's great to see. I know he's still our player so it shouldn't be surprising but it's still great to see the lad genuinely happy for us. You see so many snide comments from loaned out players. I can't wait to see him back, Suso and Coutinho behind Suarez could be brilliant.

I've always been a fan of his, and would have liked to see him get a bit more game time last season - at least as much as Stirling.

He needs to play, but the tough part of coaching and scouting is to keep the right players and move on the right players for a profit.

I hope Suso doesn't become one of the  players who just got loaned out repeatedly before being moved on at a profit.