You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus saw the pictures from above and it looked crazy how they survived but its a miracle half didn't die.

I fucking hate flying. it's not natural. Taking off is the worst part for me, I always think tbhe engine has stalled and until the seatbelt lights go on I intently read a book listening to a song and always make sure i'm half cut when i get on the cunt.

Guest San Don
Do they know what caused the plane to spin on landing?

The pilot only had 47 hours flying experience on the 777 and came into land too slow although not quite stalling. The Instrument Landing System at the airport was turned off due to work so the pilot had to make a manual approach.

As he was flying to slow, he clipped the sea wall at the end of the runway which caused the tail to break off.

Apparently they tried to abort the landing but left it too late.

With you on this one Stig. I fuckin hate flying. Had a morbid fear of it a few years back that prevented me from flying for 5 years. My next one after that I was pissed as fuck and took about 6 xanax. Off my face for 2 days solid.

Slowly getting better but it's just not natural no matter how good technology is these days. Especially if you get accidents caused by Pilot error.

I have to fly sometimes as part of my job too which is always worse. Grand if I'm on holidays but when it's for work I've to stay sober and basically sit there sweating like a ***** in a brothel. Not good.

The pilot only had 47 hours flying experience on the 777 and came into land too slow although not quite stalling. The Instrument Landing System at the airport was turned off due to work so the pilot had to make a manual approach.

As he was flying to slow' date=' he clipped the sea wall at the end of the runway which caused the tail to break off.

Apparently they tried to abort the landing but left it too late.[/quote']

The Airline,Asiana,had a crash a couple of years ago resulting in the loss of a few lives too.

Sounds like poor Pilot training and this is the first ever loss of life on a 777 through an incident.

I read a very tedious book last week. I don't remember who wrote it but it was called 'Outliers', don't waste your time or money on it - it is a good magazine article repeated over and over again until it's long enough for a book.

Anyway, the point being, and I'm giving you in one sentence what cost me twenty pages; Koreans make bad flight crews because they have too much respect for authority to say 'Watch out for the fucking sea wall!'

Jesus saw the pictures from above and it looked crazy how they survived but its a miracle half didn't die.

I fucking hate flying. it's not natural. Taking off is the worst part for me, I always think tbhe engine has stalled and until the seatbelt lights go on I intently read a book listening to a song and always make sure i'm half cut when i get on the cunt.

With you on this one Stig. I fuckin hate flying. Had a morbid fear of it a few years back that prevented me from flying for 5 years. My next one after that I was pissed as fuck and took about 6 xanax. Off my face for 2 days solid.

Slowly getting better but it's just not natural no matter how good technology is these days. Especially if you get accidents caused by Pilot error.

I have to fly sometimes as part of my job too which is always worse. Grand if I'm on holidays but when it's for work I've to stay sober and basically sit there sweating like a ***** in a brothel. Not good.

Same here. Thinking of grabbing a week away in the next couple of months but the idea of having to spend time on a plane makes me consider driving into France or something instead.

Only thing that gets me on one is a few vodkas and a couple of diazapam.

Same here. Thinking of grabbing a week away in the next couple of months but the idea of having to spend time on a plane makes me consider driving into France or something instead.

Only thing that gets me on one is a few vodkas and a couple of diazapam.

Doesn't help when the missus sparks a fag mid flight either.

Doesn't help when the missus sparks a fag mid flight either.

WTF? you're kidding mate. I'd have a full on meltdown if someone did that on me.

I was on a flight to Guernsey last year on one of those propeller plane things and this auld couple were sitting opposite me. I was as usual nervous as fuck but especially on those prop planes, when the aul dear starts asking the stewardess about whether that type of plane crashed often, where was the best place to sit in case of a crash etc. I was fuming inside. I had visions of myself punching her in the chops repeatedly the aul bag. some people have no sense of how scary it is for others.

I'm sure it said on the BBC news that the pilot was in training. Did that plane actually flip over ?

Think I've mentioned my issues with flying on the GF before. It's not so much the flying that bothers me but the restriction of movement. I flew to Ireland last year as a trial and didn't like it one bit. The flying that is, not Ireland. Did a ten hour Heathrow to Miami in April but had to get something from the doctor to help. I was put on the plane last at Heathrow and once the tablet kicked in about an hour into the flight, the remaining nine hours I was bored shitless.

WTF? you're kidding mate. I'd have a full on meltdown if someone did that on me.

I was on a flight to Guernsey last year on one of those propeller plane things and this auld couple were sitting opposite me. I was as usual nervous as fuck but especially on those prop planes, when the aul dear starts asking the stewardess about whether that type of plane crashed often, where was the best place to sit in case of a crash etc. I was fuming inside. I had visions of myself punching her in the chops repeatedly the aul bag. some people have no sense of how scary it is for others.

exactly mate. some love it, i personally hate it and hate cunts who gio 'ooooohhhh' and shit. trying to scare people.

have a look on the world of a woman thread i wrote about what my missus did

If you're with or around someone who's shit scared of flying it instantly makes you more actuely aware of the impending doom you face, so wind it in your fear of flying mother fuckers, my ex hated it and every flight with her was a nightmare.

Fuck off. You should know full well the risk you are taking. I dont ever make out to anyone i'm scared. If you looked at me you would think i am relaxed as fuck.

Inside however I can feel the plane stalling on take off, can sense were not lifting off the ground properly, can see how dodgy the wing looks out the window and that it is defo just going to snap off mid-flight. I know that the fat loud sunburnt prick from barnsley is going to open the exit door at any moment, i'm sure that any second a fighter pilot is going to give me the 'bird' through the window and then blow us out of the sky because the 90 year old asian woman is in-fact the jack of clubs, I can see the look of constant terror on the face of the trolley dollys trained to keep a calm face while inside they know we have had a malfunction that is going to kill us all and the pilot is trying to find somewhere un-populated so he can drive us into the ground like a fucking dart. I'm not stupid.

I know a bloke who was on a flight when he started to smell smoke behind him and then saw a stewardess sprint, full-pelt, past him down the plane.

In that moment, I'd imagine it's less than relaxed.

Turned out one of the lights in the floor had singed out or a fuse had gone or something minor. No good when you need new undies though, is it?

I read a very tedious book last week. I don't remember who wrote it but it was called 'Outliers'' date=' don't waste your time or money on it - it is a good magazine article repeated over and over again until it's long enough for a book.

Anyway, the point being, and I'm giving you in one sentence what cost me twenty pages; Koreans make bad flight crews because they have too much respect for authority to say 'Watch out for the fucking sea wall!'[/quote']

The exact reason for a Korean Airlines 747 Cargo plane (nearly said shorts) disaster a few years back.

I'd be a great pilot as Ive got no respect for authority at all.

The exact reason for a Korean Airlines 747 Cargo plane (nearly said shorts) disaster a few years back.

I'd be a great pilot as Ive got no respect for authority at all.

I'd be great too. Few Heinekens in the staff lounge, hop on. Taxi out, hit the full thrust button and then just pull back on that yoke thing and let the computer fly plane. Quick nap, get the approach and make sure the landing gear is down and then follow the guy with the orange table tennis bats to the terminal.

Anyway, I reckon instead of all those alarm bells that go off in the cockpit are quite distracting;they should have the lady that does the warning on the Tube.

'Please mind the seawall between the runway and ocean'

'Please mind the mountain top'

'This stop is Hong Kong. Connect here for depravation in Bangkok, suppression in Beijing, orangutans in Sumatra. The next stop is Sydney. Please mind the fucking annoying 55-year old bat in a sundress way to loose and flappy who has brought 40lbs of carry-on that she has managed to wedge in the overhead, that has stood up before the seatbelt sign is off and is now struggling to maneuver her mini-luggage to the front of the plane where she can then disembark and get to the front of the customs line but not have anything filled out. She will then proceed to the carousel where she will find her hen-pecked husband, demand he check every black Samsonite to see if its hers and appropriate three carts and stand in the way of anyone trying to get their suitcases off the carousel.'

As well, what fucking great idea is it to bring anyone under the age of 5 on a long haul flight? It must be to entertain the other paying passengers. Who doesn't want their seat kicked? Who doesn't want to listen to screaming, whingeing, crying, incessant nattering on a trans-Atlantic overnighter?

Jesus, they threw poor Gerard Depardieu off a plane for taking a piss in a bottle but they let idiots on planes with 3 year olds? How is that going to go? Because little fucking Miss Princess has already whipped through every book, travel puzzle, toy, etc IN THE FUCKING DEPARTURE LOUNGE ALREADY. And guess what, your perfect little animal will be bored stiff aboot 15 minutes into the flight despite a carry on bag filled with shite.

I'd be great too. Few Heinekens in the staff lounge, hop on. Taxi out, hit the full thrust button and then just pull back on that yoke thing and let the computer fly plane. Quick nap, get the approach and make sure the landing gear is down and then follow the guy with the orange table tennis bats to the terminal.

Anyway, I reckon instead of all those alarm bells that go off in the cockpit are quite distracting;they should have the lady that does the warning on the Tube.

'Please mind the seawall between the runway and ocean'

'Please mind the mountain top'

'This stop is Hong Kong. Connect here for depravation in Bangkok, suppression in Beijing, orangutans in Sumatra. The next stop is Sydney. Please mind the fucking annoying 55-year old bat in a sundress way to loose and flappy who has brought 40lbs of carry-on that she has managed to wedge in the overhead, that has stood up before the seatbelt sign is off and is now struggling to maneuver her mini-luggage to the front of the plane where she can then disembark and get to the front of the customs line but not have anything filled out. She will then proceed to the carousel where she will find her hen-pecked husband, demand he check every black Samsonite to see if its hers and appropriate three carts and stand in the way of anyone trying to get their suitcases off the carousel.'

As well, what fucking great idea is it to bring anyone under the age of 5 on a long haul flight? It must be to entertain the other paying passengers. Who doesn't want their seat kicked? Who doesn't want to listen to screaming, whingeing, crying, incessant nattering on a trans-Atlantic overnighter?

Jesus, they threw poor Gerard Depardieu off a plane for taking a piss in a bottle but they let idiots on planes with 3 year olds? How is that going to go? Because little fucking Miss Princess has already whipped through every book, travel puzzle, toy, etc IN THE FUCKING DEPARTURE LOUNGE ALREADY. And guess what, your perfect little animal will be bored stiff aboot 15 minutes into the flight despite a carry on bag filled with shite.

One of my mates was flying back from Cuba after hism honeymoon with his missus. the resort he was staying in had been hit by a hurricane and fucking wiped the room out, they had a shit holiday, argued loads, pissed down with rain etc and lost loads of money. Anyway mate gets on the flight to find they are sat apart as loads are trying to get back asap so flights are packed. He ends up sat next to some little brat. Tries to get his head down and the kiod wont shut up so my mate tells him to be quiet while he sleeps.

next thing he has his head on the table and feels this elbow nudging into his ribs, turns round and it's the kids dad asking him to say the same to him. Well my mate by this point has just had enough so starts twatting the fella, he had to be restrained by about 4 people and got knicked the other side.

He didn't get jail or anything but it wasn't a great thing to do although I can understand why eh did!

One of my mates was flying back from Cuba after hism honeymoon with his missus. the resort he was staying in had been hit by a hurricane and fucking wiped the room out, they had a shit holiday, argued loads, pissed down with rain etc and lost loads of money. Anyway mate gets on the flight to find they are sat apart as loads are trying to get back asap so flights are packed. He ends up sat next to some little brat. Tries to get his head down and the kiod wont shut up so my mate tells him to be quiet while he sleeps.

next thing he has his head on the table and feels this elbow nudging into his ribs, turns round and it's the kids dad asking him to say the same to him. Well my mate by this point has just had enough so starts twatting the fella, he had to be restrained by about 4 people and got knicked the other side.

He didn't get jail or anything but it wasn't a great thing to do although I can understand why eh did!

Englishman causing disturbance on Vancouver-London flight. Poor fucker spent Easter in lock up in Nunavut jail.....

NunatsiaqOnline 2013-04-04: NEWS: Nunavut court decision lets unruly air passenger get off with a fine

My favourite part here:

“He was spitting [salvia and blood] on those who restrained him,” Porteous said.

Cosby expressed concern about one of the plastic hand cuffs. When a steward tried to cut him out of them, Cosby lunged at him and bent back the thumb of one of the men who was restraining him.

He said he would “slit their throats,” and “send their genitals to their mothers.”

Cosby also said to the people holding him back that he would “have sex with them” called the flight attendants “those bitch stewardesses” while thrusting his pelvis at them, saying he would kill them.

He also said that “Welsh men should be slaughtered” while warning people that he was going to attack them

Englishman causing disturbance on Vancouver-London flight. Poor fucker spent Easter in lock up in Nunavut jail.....

NunatsiaqOnline 2013-04-04: NEWS: Nunavut court decision lets unruly air passenger get off with a fine

My favourite part here:

“He was spitting [salvia and blood] on those who restrained him,” Porteous said.

Cosby expressed concern about one of the plastic hand cuffs. When a steward tried to cut him out of them, Cosby lunged at him and bent back the thumb of one of the men who was restraining him.

He said he would “slit their throats,” and “send their genitals to their mothers.”

Cosby also said to the people holding him back that he would “have sex with them” called the flight attendants “those bitch stewardesses” while thrusting his pelvis at them, saying he would kill them.

He also said that “Welsh men should be slaughtered” while warning people that he was going to attack them

haha what a lad