You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Buying a new TV betvween 55"-65", plasma or LED?

Code

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an LG 60 inch LCD for my 'man cave' in the basement a few months ago. I watch all our games on that. Highly recommended.

LCD has moved on a lot and the motion difference with plasma is not an issue these days. LCD is also brighter, which makes a difference especially if the TV is placed in a light room, or if there are windows.

65" TV, are you blind Code or at least suffering from cataracts?

Its 6 m from my sofa to the wall where I'm going to have my TV so I need around 60" I think.

My head has been twisted by soem clever seller now so I moght go for a Panasonic 65" Plasma even if it will cost almost double of my budget,

My missus will kill me.

Code - what is your budget? What are you watching? I urge anyone not to purchase 3D, as carriers in the UK are few and far between now and it will be more or less unavailable within 12 months if current market forces (hate that phrase) are maintained.

I'm not sure how prices in Norway compares with the UK, but I did not really want to spend more than 10.000 NOK (£1070 today) for it, could stretch to 12.000 NOK, but now I dont know anymore, might end up with almost 20.000 for a 65" Plasma.

Its 6 m from my sofa to the wall where I'm going to have my TV so I need around 60" I think.

My head has been twisted by soem clever seller now so I moght go for a Panasonic 65" Plasma even if it will cost almost double of my budget,

My missus will kill me.

Yup, that's defo the one to buy then mate...

Plasma's just don't last long enough in my experience. I had to replace one and a pal replaced one too recently, both after 3 years. LED is the way to go big time.

I bought my old LCD TV back in 2005, paid around £1700 for it then and if I had not given it away when I moved out of my old house I probably could have used it a few more years.

So Plasmas are easily broke you say, I might change back to my original LED plan then.

Haha, she want us (me) to spend around £500, she is clueless when it comes to things like this.

Well if your willing to drop to a 50 inch tv you can get them for the price she is looking at.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-TX-L50B6B-50-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B00BQ8Y7W2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_4

Or theres a 55 inch smart LED tv for around £770

Smart TVs | Buy Internet Enabled Smart TVs from Finlux Direct at Unbeatable Prices & Grab Great Discounts on 3D and Smart LED & LCD Televisions – Plus get 12 Months Warranty & FREE next-day delivery!

This is also under a grand.

Toshiba 55WL968B 55-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It s true what everyone says about led over plasma but if your not that bothered then heres a 60 inch Samsung plasma for a grand.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PS60F5500-Widescreen-Recommendation-Processing/dp/B00C4R3NYM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_8

Haha, she want us (me) to spend around £500, she is clueless when it comes to things like this.

That would still be too much money for me, me ex spent just short of 2k on a plasma about 8 years ago, I wanted to kill him more for that than the affairs.

That TV is now sat in my living room. I think he's still paying off the credit card bill for it. I suppose that makes me feel a little better now.

That would still be too much money for me, me ex spent just short of 2k on a plasma about 8 years ago, I wanted to kill him more for that than the affairs.

That TV is now sat in my living room. I think he's still paying off the credit card bill for it. I suppose that makes me feel a little better now.

It certainly is a beauty. I never stop admiring it no matter how many times i've seen it.

I wouldn't buy anything other than LED.

You'll pay more for fashionable brands such as Panasonic (worth it though) Sony & Samsung (great for innovation & in the smart tv market) LG though are a very decent cheaper option.

I only buy Panasonic though. Have done for ages. Cannot fault their reliability and the picture quality has always been outstanding. Current LED TV's are awesome. Even better colour sharpness than my previous plasma plus extra savings on energy efficiency

Just get the biggest one possible. You'll be able to watch the DVD OF that final thingy that that club based in Liverpool & kicks a spherical object around played against another team from Wales who were shite & it ended in a draw that you always go on about. Be able to live that glorious day over & over again on a big fuck off TV.

I'm considering the Panasonic TXP65VT50Y now, can get it for around £1750, but I'm looking for a TV I will have for 5-6 years at least, hopefully longer, so maybe LED is a better choice, I've never had plasma before, just LCD.

Can get a LG 65LM620T for around £1450.

Its all very confusing.

Our last TV cost 200pounds. A 32 inch tv. It lasted 6 years.

The TV we have now cost 40quid from ebay! Its wall mounted and 32 inch.

Yeah don't get me wrong I want a 60 inch shdggdtjeloahddfr 23 model but if I ever had that kind of money. I think I would still rather spend it making the kids and wife happy.

Our last TV cost 200pounds. A 32 inch tv. It lasted 6 years.

The TV we have now cost 40quid from ebay! Its wall mounted and 32 inch.

Yeah don't get me wrong I want a 60 inch shdggdtjeloahddfr 23 model but if I ever had that kind of money. I think I would still rather spend it making the kids and wife happy.

I'm sure the kids would be well pleased with a big TV.

I've sold my house with a good profit and made a good deal with my new one so I could buy a TV up to £2000, the question I'm asking myself is will it be worth it? If I sacrifice a couple of weekends out during the year or a trip to Liverpool, I will have made up the increase in my initial budget anyway and the TV is something I will use every day for years so if I'm going to spend big on something the TV might just be the thing.

I'm sure the kids would be well pleased with a big TV.

I've sold my house with a good profit and made a good deal with my new one so I could buy a TV up to £2000, the question I'm asking myself is will it be worth it? If I sacrifice a couple of weekends out during the year or a trip to Liverpool, I will have made up the increase in my initial budget anyway and the TV is something I will use every day for years so if I'm going to spend big on something the TV might just be the thing.

I am not sure if Norwegian prices compare to Swedish ones (generally a bit more than UK anyway), but 20000 SEK would get you a hell of a telly here. I can't imagine having to spend more than 10,000 sek to get a 60" of decent quality.