You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Third Kit of all time?

WhiskeyJar

Worst Third/Away kit of all time?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Third/Away kit of all time?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comedy advert in tonight's Echo. Apparently, the "Third kit completes bold collection."

The home kit is "already getting the thumbs up from football fans on the internet." And the away kit..... Well, they've got a quote from Sturridge and a quote from Rodgers, but no mention of any fans.

Let's all agree that if Warrior want to use any quotes from here in their adverts for this abomination, they're welcome.

It's all about the money.

If they pay us 25m to wear this shit. If Warrior make 50% of the sale price as profit (50 quid from the club) that's a million shirts they have to flog just to cover the sponsorship. A million and ten, if you want to include the sweatshop wages.

A third strip is as necessary as a letterbox on a tombstone. We wear red. In an away match, if the opposition wear red we use a change strip. Having three different kits just increases the chance of them finding enough dickheads forking out coin to own them. All the strips HAVE to be different every year to maintain the cashflow, hence some of the horrors we've seen over the years such as AoTs contribution in post#52.

If the club loses this income stream it probably means one signing a year we miss out on. Sales would still made at lower level from year to year for replacements and as new fans come along and old fans get fatter.

Its just a cynical marketing ploy

The really stupid thing is the evident lack of thought that has gone into our away kits over the last few years in particular. There have been times when all our kits clash with the oppositions, so either we have a ridiculous mix-and-not-match combo (red socks at Old Trafford), or the other team has to wear their away colours (Hearts in the EL).

The away kit has black shorts and the 3rd kit has white shorts. There will in all likelihood be occasions in the coming season where the team will have to wear all white or all black, yet the colour combinations don't mix together because the 3rd shorts have purple details whereas the away shirt doesn't, and the away shorts have red details whereas the 3rd shirt doesn't. It is piss-poor thinking and pretty clear that while the designers go out of their way to create designs which 'strike fear into the hearts of opponents' or 'reflect Merseyside's proud naval heritage', they are out of touch with the reality of what is actually required for the matches themselves.

Bought the home kit for my son, and spoke with the cashier.

The guy said the Red 2013/ 14 shirt is selling better than last season.

I raised the point of the ridiculous away and 3rd kits.

He said these will sell well as some folk want to be different and will opt for the obscure options.

When did purple become part of our colour set up?

We should have just had 1 red kit and 1 kit of yellow. That would clash with no other, but I guess its all about the money.

Are we contracted to wear each shirt a certain number of times, I recall us wearing the black bib top at WHL last season, and I think the purple/ orange one at Norwich? -when Red would have been acceptable.

Bought the home kit for my son, and spoke with the cashier.

The guy said the Red 2013/ 14 shirt is selling better than last season.

I raised the point of the ridiculous away and 3rd kits.

He said these will sell well as some folk want to be different and will opt for the obscure options.

When did purple become part of our colour set up?

We should have just had 1 red kit and 1 kit of yellow. That would clash with no other, but I guess its all about the money.

Are we contracted to wear each shirt a certain number of times, I recall us wearing the black bib top at WHL last season, and I think the purple/ orange one at Norwich? -when Red would have been acceptable.

Warrior say it reflects the city's wheely bins and proud muscle-squeezing heritage.

The really stupid thing is the evident lack of thought that has gone into our away kits over the last few years in particular. There have been times when all our kits clash with the oppositions, so either we have a ridiculous mix-and-not-match combo (red socks at Old Trafford), or the other team has to wear their away colours (Hearts in the EL).

The away kit has black shorts and the 3rd kit has white shorts. There will in all likelihood be occasions in the coming season where the team will have to wear all white or all black, yet the colour combinations don't mix together because the 3rd shorts have purple details whereas the away shirt doesn't, and the away shorts have red details whereas the 3rd shirt doesn't. It is piss-poor thinking and pretty clear that while the designers go out of their way to create designs which 'strike fear into the hearts of opponents' or 'reflect Merseyside's proud naval heritage', they are out of touch with the reality of what is actually required for the matches themselves.

Agreed.

Basically, if the away kid is predominantly white, you need a third kit for when we play someone in red and white stripes. You can't then have a third shirt with a big white panel on it.

Away kits and third kits should be big slabs of the same colour: I don't care if it's yellow, green or silver/grey - just as long as it's not red, white or blue!

Guest davelfc
Just got an email from the official with the "3rd training kit range". The shirt is a monstrosity yet they have a training kit equally as fucking bad. And what's with all the black in most of the ranges? cunts.

I think the club were scared to mention it.